Chapter 13

A Vampire's Story

"Chani," came Sunggyu's voice after he called him. "Yes hyung?" Asked Chani as he got up and went into the livingroom as to not disturb Jaemin who was sleeping. "I thought I taught you better than that," said Sunggyu. "Woohyun-hyung called then?" Asked Chani.

"Yes," said Sunggyu. "But if I were you, I wouldn't've let him get away," he said. Chani breathed out a sigh of relief, a nervous chuckle escaping him. "Here I thought you were going to scold me," he said. Sunggyu chuckled. "No," he said. "I wouldn't scold you over kicking someone who's been nothing but trying to make everyone be on his side out," he said. Chani hummed in response. "Thanks," he said.

"When are you guys coming up here again?" He asked. "Pretty soon," said Sunggyu. "Why?" He asked. "We got Jaemin back," said Chani. "Ah, that's good then," said Sunggyu. "He'll need Jisung around again I suppose," he said. "Yeah," said Chani. Sunggyu hummed in response.

"Oh," said Chani. "Tell Jisung he missed Chan again," he said with a chuckle. Sunggyu laughs. "I'll be sure to, I assume he was called there by that pack," he said. "Yes," said Chani. "I'll let him know that Chan stopped by then," said Sunggyu. "They might be coming back, Jaemin wanted them to so," Chani said, shrugging. "Ah, then Jisung's going to be happy," said Sunggyu. "I'll talk to you later then," he said. "Bye hyung," said Chani before he hung up.

Chani let out a sigh, checking the time and texting the group chat saying he was going hunting before running out the back door. He enjoyed the silence of the early morning hours. This was a time where he could relish in the fact that he was alone, having being used to being alone for many years up to this point.

He felt like he was being watched as he paused, stopping beside a tree as he did so. "Come out whoever is around," he said, feeling a presence near him. "You're bold for coming out here this late leech," said Renjun. Chani turned towards the voice, his head tilting to the side. "I'm on a late night hunt what can I say," he said. "You can't bring any hunters here, killing us would get your entire pack killed, what 'cha gonna do about it?" He asked.

"Is he okay?" Asked Renjun as he came into view. "Jaemin? Of course," said Chani. "I'd say he's doing better with us than with you idiots," he spat. Renjun flinched. "That wasn't my fault," he said. "Who's was it then?" Asked Chani. "Jeno- He, he isn't the best of alphas," said Renjun as he sighed. "We follow him because he took over, Jaemin's been alpha for years," he said. "After learning that Jaemin was gay Jeno took it upon himself to punish him for it," he said.

A growl erupted from Chani's chest as his eyes turned black. "I just had to deal with one of those idiots," he spat. Renjun moved backwards one step. "I'm not pissed off at you," said Chani as he shook his head. "If you want to see him again, follow my scent back the way I came," he said. "Go alone," he said. "They will know if you brought anyone with you," he said. "Though I suggest you come at a reasonable time," he said. "When I left the house Jaemin was sleeping," he said before running off to hunt.

Chani didn't return to the house until well after the sunrise, having needed to hunt and cool down from the news he had been told. He went to sit down on the porch swing, sighing as he flopped down on it, almost causing the swing to hit the wall as he did so. He let the swing move on his own as he watched the scenery in front of him.

Jaemin came outside with some breakfast and sat beside Chani. "Morning," he said, eating breakfast. "Morning," said Chani as he got a text. "Ah, Sunggyu and them are coming for a visit," he said as he looked at the text. "Oh, cool," said Jaemin. "I really liked Jisung," he said. Chani chuckled some as he put his phone in his lap.

"Oh," said Chani as he turned to Jaemin. "I ran into one of your old packmates, I think Renjun was his name," he said. Jaemin hummed in response. "He was my beta," he said. "Jeno, Jisung and Chenle weren't really for me being alpha but," he said, sighing a bit. "You were in my situation at that point eh?" Asked Chani. "Yeah, except I stayed," Jaemin said, scratching the back of his head. He continued to eat breakfast as Chani responded to other texts he had gotten.

Chani looked up from his phone when he heard footsteps. "Oh, it's you," he said, spotting Renjun. "You were right," said Renjun as he sighed. "Those guys were bad news," he said. "You should've left when you got the chance to," he said. "Eh," said Jaemin as he shrugged. "It's nothing now," he said.

"Why did you stay again?" Asked Renjun. "Because I could handle things when Jeno couldn't," said Jaemin. "He didn't want to admit it but," he said, shrugging. "After finding out my uality well," he said, sighing. "I'm fine with it," said Chani. "Come on, I spent the passed 200 years hiding my uality from everyone except those who I got to know throughout the years," he said. "I'm fine with it as long as you are," he said. Jaemin nodded.

"So who's coming?" Asked Renjun. "My brother," said Chani. "Well, more specifically my brother, his mate, and his mate's wolf," he said. "It's a long story and even I can't wrap my head around it after having it be explained to me a few times," he said. "As I've learned though, Jisung isn't the only one who became like that," he said.

"Ah, we got another wolf guy here?" Asked Myungsoo as he came outside. "For a bit," said Chani. "I think I'm going to stay, if you don't mind," said Renjun. "It's up to Jaemin at that point," said Chani. Jaemin shrugged. "I guess," he said. "I know I can trust you, it's Jeno and the others that aren't trustworthy at the moment," he said. "Well, that's that then," said Chani.