Chapter 6

A Vampire's Story

Chani was pissed and sad. He was pissed that Jaemin went back to them even though he fought hard for Jaemin to stay. He was sad because he was happy, he was happy with Jaemin and Jaemin didn't see it.

"What do I do in this situation?" Chani asked Sunggyu as they headed back home once he had calmed down some. "I don't know," said Sunggyu. "The best we can do right now is wait," said Myungsoo. "If Jaemin really believed that he was your mate, he will come back," he said. "And if he doesn't?" Asked Chani. "We'll have to let him go," said Myungsoo.

"Vampires and finding mates is so damn subjective," said Sungyeol. "There's no proven concept for us," he said. "It's why we don't go crazy when someone doesn't want to be our mate," said Sunggyu. "There's nothing there for us to go off on," he said. "No real bond is formed," he said. "For werewolves and 'shifters however, things are slightly different," he said. "Werewolves have two mates, and 'shifters only have one," he said.

"Well, pure blood werewolves have two," said Cory as they came up to the house. "Turned werewolves have the chance to choose," he said. "Things are only slightly different for 'shifters," he said. "From what I understand anyway," he said.

"Chani's feelings for Jaemin were genuine," said Jisung as he shrugged. "Jaemin even knew," he said. "I don't even know why he didn't stay," he said. "He was afraid," said Chani. "That I could tell," he said. "But they were outnumbered," he said. "I think he didn't want to be put in a situation where he'd be forced to fight for his pack or for his freedom," said Jisung. "Especially with the fact that he's still loyal to said pack," he said.

"Well his pack is a bunch of douche bags," spat Chani as he growled. "Chani," said Sunggyu. "We just have to wait this out," he said. "Yeah yeah," Chani said, sighing a bit. He shook his head. "I'm going hunting," he said. "I'm going with you," said Myungsoo. Chani nodded and they left, going hunting.

"What's the deal with Chani anyway?" Asked Sungjong after they headed inside. "Ah," said Sunggyu as he sighed. "He hasn't acted like this in a long time," he said, shaking his head.

"What happened?" Asked Sungyeol. "Well," said Sunggyu as he began the story.

 

~



"Sunggyu!" Called human Chani as he ran up to Sunggyu. "Help me!" He said. "What's wrong?" Asked Sunggyu as he turned to Chani. "I don't know what to do!" Said Chani. "I want to help my friend but," he said, waving his hands around. "Is it Moonbin?" Asked Sunggyu. Chani nodded. "Come on! He keeps getting bullied," he said. Sunggyu sighed before nodding and following Chani to where Moonbin and the rest of who Chani called the bullies were.

"Ah, little Chani's here to save you again eh?" Asked their leader. "Shut up MJ," spat Moonbin. "I thought I told you to stay out of this?" Moonbin asked Chani. "Hell no," said Chani. "I'm not letting my best friend get bullied like this," he spat.

"Now now," said Sunggyu. "Stay out of this leech," growled MJ. "I don't think you want to do this MJ," said Sunggyu as the rest of his coven appeared, surrounding MJ and the rest of his pack.

"Oi, we're helping your little brother now? What the hell Sunggyu," said Hoya. "For the record," said Sunggyu. "He did ask for help," he said. "You know how rare that is," he said.

"Why are you bullying Moonbin?" Asked Chani. "He doesn't deserve what's coming to him," spat MJ. "Neither did you, and yet here you are," spat Moonbin. "You lay a finger on him or his brother and you're dead," he said. "You denied it for so long now, come with us and we'll leave them be," said MJ. Moonbin tilted his head to the side. "You will leave them be?" He asked. "Yes yes, now come on," said MJ. Moonbin looked at Sanha and Rocky who shrug. "It's better to come along now," said Sanha.

"He has a choice!" Said Chani. "Don't force him to choose damn it," he spat. "Chani," said Moonbin. "It's alright," he said, putting a hand on his shoulder. Chani turned to Moonbin. "Moonbin," he said, quietly. "Don't worry about it," said Moonbin. "I'll be okay," he said. "These guys bullied you!" Said Chani. "I neglected my duties, I'm sorry but I need to do this," said Moonbin. "Leave Chani, Sunggyu and his coven be," he said as he turned to MJ. "I never go back on my promises," said MJ as he nodded. Moonbin sighed and nodded. "Let's go then," he said, walking up to MJ.

 

~



"Wait," said Jisung. "You guys knew Moonbin and his pack?!" He exclaimed. "Yes," said Sunggyu. "They did keep their promise, even after Chani was turned," he said. "Chani grew up with Moonbin, and they were good friends," he said. "Even now they still are but," he said, sighing. "Chani was quite upset with the outcome, and swore to not let it happen to anyone else," he said.

"He has a gentle soul," said Cory as he hummed. "I knew something was different with him," he said. "He has a sense of right and wrong," said Sunggyu. "Learned it from me actually," he said. "He carried that sense on after he was turned," he said.

"Would he have become a 'shifter?" Asked Sungjong. "No," said Sunggyu. "Though there would've been no way to tell," he added. "I turned him after he turned 18," he said. "I think he would've started changing before then," he said.

 

~



"This reminded you of what happened with Moonbin doesn't it?" Asked Myungsoo as he and Chani tracked after a herd of deer. "Yeah," Chani said, sighing a bit. "Though I wonder what would've happened if I fought harder for him," he said. "You didn't know they were 'shifters back then," said Myungsoo. "He was trying to keep a confrontation from happening," he said.

"I realize that now," said Chani as he stopped suddenly, his attention diverted somewhere else. "What's up?" Asked Myungsoo as he stopped beside Chani. "Ah, nothing," Chani said after a few minutes. "Let's go," he said. "I think it's time we head back," he said. "Yeah," said Myungsoo. "Let's go then," he said before heading back with Chani following after him.