Chapter 5

A Vampire's Story

Sunggyu, Cory and Jisung stayed around for a week, Jisung being around Jaemin and Cory and Sunggyu either being with Chani or Myungsoo. Chani spent most of his time out of the house again, now looking for this particular wolf pack. He wanted to give them a piece of his mind but when Jaemin found out he didn't want Chani to do anything to them. Myungsoo got the moose after a few days, bringing it home for Jaemin, Cory and Jisung.

Chani was out tracking this pack again, staying high in a tree as he finally spotted them. He could see who he thought were the alphas of the pack having a conversation in human form.

"Any word on finding Jaemin yet?" Asked one. "No," said the other. "We need to find him before the blood ers get him, saw one the other day going after a moose," he said. "We don't want to let them know of our presence yet, don't be hasty Renjun," said the first wolf. Chani blinked, his head tilting to the side. "If they do have him?" Asked Renjun. "Jeno, this is bad," he said. "We returned for him and he was gone," he said. "I'll deal with him when we get him back, if they haven't killed him yet," said Jeno.

A small hiss escaped Chani and the two wolves looked in his direction, causing him to freeze on the spot. "I think we're being spied on," said Jeno. "I see him," said Renjun. "Damn it," said Chani as he quickly sent a text before hopping down and speeding off. He had to get home before they caught up to him.

A chorus of howls suddenly filled the air, and Chani counted 4 distinct howls as he ran. "I don't want a confrontation now," he grumbled as he stopped suddenly in front of two wolves. "Damn you guys are fast," he said as the two wolves he saw earlier ran up to him, causing Chani to turn around. He heard 3 more howls, only one he recognized because he had heard Jisung howl before.

Three more wolves ran up to where they were, and Chani immediately recognized his pup, Jaemin, and Jisung though he assumed the third wolf was Cory, having not seen his wolf form before. He kept his expression blank as the four wolves were surrounded on all sides by his brother and the rest of his coven.

"Well, you guys are fast," Chani said with a small chuckle. "You are lucky I was hunting with these two," said Sunggyu as he nodded to Myungsoo and Sungyeol. "I happened to be at the house," said Sungjong as he shrugged.

"I see you're up and running pup," said Chani as he grinned at Jaemin before turning to the two wolves he saw earlier. "You said you were missing a pup?" He asked. "Why look for him when you left him for dead?" He asked, his eyes narrowing. "What's it to you leech?" Said Jeno as he put up his human illusion.

"I'd watch your tongue if I were you pup," said Chani as he growled lightly. "You're in the presence of 5 vampires who can easily rip you apart," he said. "Besides," he said. "We have who you're looking for," he said. "He's here on his own volition, and it seems he prefers us over you," he said.

"This actually works in our favor leech," said Jeno. "This had been all a ruse," he said, smirking. Chani narrowed his eyes. "You can't even kill us," he said. "Because, we're on a list that says you can't hunt any of us," he said.

"Chani," came a voice Chani never thought he'd hear today. Chani turned and saw Jaemin in his human form. "I'm sorry," said Jaemin. "You will let them go if I go back with you right?" He asked Jeno. "Of course," said Jeno. "Don't do this Jaemin," Chani said, growling. "If you want to be safe, I think you'd let me go," said Jaemin. "I would rather you be safe then be with these idiots," hissed Chani as he fought down the anger that threatened to make itself known.

"Chani," said Sunggyu. "Maybe it's best you let him go," he said. "This is his decision," he said. "Back off mutts," spat Chani as they started to get closer. "I suggest you don't," said Sunggyu. "Leave him alone," said Jaemin. "I already said I'd go," he said.

"Leave him," said Jeno. "Tell your leech friends to back off," he said. "Move," said Chani as he turned to glare at Jeno, his eyes completely black. The others backed away and Jaemin walked up to Chani in his wolf form, nuzzling his hand. Chani took a deep breath. "Go then," he said. "I should've known this wouldn't last," he said, moving away to go stand by Cory and Jisung. Jeno dropped his illusion, baring his teeth in a smirk before howling and running off. The others ran after him. After a bit of hesitation from Jaemin as he turned to Chani, he too ran off.

"Damn it!" Yelled Chani as he finally let the anger burst forward. Jisung and Cory backed away, wary of the situation. "I suggest you two go," said Sunggyu. "I'll come for you later," he said. Cory and Jisung nod before running off.

"He had the choice to stay," snarled out Chani as he went to punch a tree. "He had that damn choice but no," he spat. "Chani," Sunggyu said calmly. "He was trying to protect us," he said. "We could've taken them," said Chani as he punched the tree with both his fists, trying to calm down. "We could've prevented him from being killed," he spat. "I heard that damn conversation," he said. "They were going to kill him," he said.

A sob finally escaped him as he slid to the floor, clutching onto the tree. "Damn it," he sobbed. "God damn it!" He screamed. The others were unsure of what to do, having not seen Chani in this state before. Sunggyu could only walk over and put a hand on his shoulder. Chani turned and reached out to Sunggyu, hugging him as he sobbed into Sunggyu's jacket. "Shhh," said Sunggyu as he hugged Chani. "It's okay, everything is going to be okay," he said.