Chapter 16

A Vampire's Story

Chani and Sunggyu spent most of their time together, with Jaemin joining in with Cory on the occasion. Jaemin understood the need to be with family, it having been years since he had seen his own family. When Chani had learned of that he swore to take Jaemin to see his family when this was over. The mood around the pack house had changed, becoming brighter and more cheerful despite the looming threat of Jeno and his pack.

Chani was on the phone with Moonbin, walking around their property and just having a chat with him. "Why do I have a feeling you're going to ask me for help?" Asked Moonbin as Chani looked around. "I don't know," said Chani as he shrugged though Moonbin couldn't see that. "I do need help finding out where Jaemin's family is," he said.

"Wow, the great Chani asking for help? Are you high, drunk or both?" Asked Moonbin. Chani laughs. "Well, Jaemin hasn't seen his family in years," he said. "I want to find them," he said. "I'll see what I can do," said Moonbin. "I'll need his name, date of birth, the like," he said. Chani hummed in response. "I'll send you the details," he said.

"Is there something else?" Asked Moonbin. "I might need help with this pack too," Chani said after a few minutes. "Are they getting out of hand?" Asked Moonbin. "Not really, but it's better to be safe than sorry at this point," said Chani. "Yeah, with your territories and the like," said Moonbin as he hummed in thought.

"I'll send Eunwoo along," he said after a few minutes of mulling over the information. "Can't come yourself?" Asked Chani. "Unfortunately not," said Moonbin. "It's nothing against you I swear but we need to prepare for the next Italy run, I'll be in Berlin planning," he said. "That and Eunwoo has been itching for something to do," he said.

"He's not against my... Preferences like MJ was right?" Asked Chani. "Hell no," said Moonbin. "I wouldn't be sending him if that was the case, I would come myself if I had to," he said.

"Tell you what," he said after a few minutes of silence. "I'll even send Sanha along, you two were as close as you were to me before we both started changing," he said. "Okay," said Chani. "We all know he's fine with you," said Moonbin. "I need to go now, Eunwoo and Sanha should be there in a day or so," he said. "Thanks again," said Chani. "No problem," said Moonbin before he hung up. Chani was left to ponder the information for a bit before he headed back to the house to let everyone know they were getting visitors.

"Ah, Eunwoo?" Asked Sunggyu once he heard the news. "Well, I remember him," he said. "He's not so bad when you get to know him," he said. "You and Sanha were practically glued to the hips you were so close," he said, chuckling some. "Wasn't it Sanha that introduced me to Moonbin?" Asked Chani. "I think so," said Sunggyu. "Though he started working on the farm before then," he said. "Hm," said Chani.

"Who are these guys?" Asked Jaemin. "Old friends," said Chani. "Well, Sanha is," he added. "Eunwoo is an acquaintance," he said. "I don't know him as well but I've spoken to him before," he said. "I see," said Jaemin. "What are they?" He asked. "'Shifters," said Chani. "They change into foxes," he said.

"Foxes?" Asked Renjun. "That's cool," he said. Chani chuckled some, scratching the back of his head. "'Shifters can change into a certain animal right? Like wolves and foxes," said Jaemin. "What's the weirdest one you've seen?" He asked. "Weird?" Asked Chani as he tilted his head to the side. "I don't know if it's weird per say, but Daniel and his pack are a rag tag bunch," he said. "They all have different forms," he said.

"I want to see them," Renjun said suddenly. Chani tilted his head to the side. "Why?" He asked. "I dunno, it seems cool," said Renjun. "Well, we can't just show up unannounced," said Chani. "Things are different with 'shifter packs," he said. "We'd have to get permission from Jaehyun, their pack alpha," he said. "Why is that?" Asked Jaemin. "I know Daniel but we have to respect that even though they have vampires in their pack it's polite to ask to come over," said Sunggyu.

"It's why most will ask if it's okay to come over or not," said Myungsoo. "Is that why you always get texts of people coming over?" Jaemin asked Chani. Chani nodded. "It's more out of politeness than anything," he said. "Showing up unannounced will cause trouble," he said. "Especially if we don't know the person," said Myungsoo.

"Like our pack?" Asked Jaemin. "For the record," said Chani. "We didn't even know you were there until after us rescuing you," he said. "I had been the one to remind him that if you were a wolf-human, you had a pack," said Sungyeol. "We were right in the end," said Chani.

"We knew about you guys being here," said Renjun as he scratched the back of his head. "We didn't do anything until after Jaemin had been taken by you guys," he said. "Gave us quite the scare really," he said. "But Jeno didn't seem to care until we caught you spying on us," he said.

"I didn't want to go back to you," Jaemin said softly. "It more had to do with the fact that I didn't want anyone getting hurt," he said. "We could've handled them fine," said Chani as he shook his head. "I know," said Jaemin. "But it was more for their sake," he said. Chani sighed. "I guess," he said.

"It was Jeno's idea to go after you," said Renjun. "I said no but," he said, shrugging. "It's alright," said Chani. "We did what we could to get Jaemin back," he said. "I'm sorry it took so long," he said to Jaemin. "It's okay," said Jaemin. "I was surviving," he said.