Conspiracy

Mafia's Mask

I need to appear unfazed. I should remember that there were monitoring cameras all around observing my every move. Something appears to be lacking on the puzzle given to me. I can’t figure it out but there was a very huge grey area.

As I was about to sleep, I made sure that the rings that they gave me were secured. I hid it on my pajama’s secret pocket near my ankle. The telephone rang just exactly the same hour it did yesterday. As expected it was my uncle again.

“How’s your data gathering my dear? Tomorrow is D-DAY.” Wil’s voice is starting to get annoying to my ears.

“I’m sorry. Everything is still as vague as the first day. I haven’t figured out much.” I lied to him again.

“Ahh, in that case we can’t do anything. Just take a rest for now my darling. I guess the decision will be handled by us.” He ended our call with a tone of disappointment.

I closed my eyes still thinking about the six of them. Did they really kill my father? I am trying to fit in the details.

Wil does not know anything as well. When I came here to meet up with him, the only thing that he gave me was the permission to use their resources and to carry out the mission to hunt them down as a contractor.

I opened my eyes immediately after having that short monologue inside my head. I am starting to regain my past. I tried to remember the first statement that my uncle told me. Among the six of them, he is asking me to save only one. In that condition that he gave me, he also told me that the person who will be spared is my fiancé. This means that one of them holds the key from all of these. I need to focus –

The clue that was given to me made me confident that they wanted to be found. It was on Hyesung’s note – the only thing that perplexed my whole life was that question DO YOU THINK IT’S FLYING OR STANDING; and it leads to the Sin of Greed. Junjin was the easiest to track since his peculiar dragon tattoo is something that he never conceals.

As expected I met him as a soldier. I cried the first time that I saw him since it was like it’s been a long time. I wanted to hug him so bad but I cannot. I wanted to demand for his innocence but I should not. It’s been 20 years since the last time we saw each other. He can’t recognize me anymore – but I was wrong.

Pinching my chin has been his habit ever since I was young. His eyes immediately lit with worry when he saw the necklace that I am wearing.

“Why are you wearing that?” He whispered.

“I – I wanted to know the truth.” I told him directly.

“Knowing the truth might cause your life.” He hissed with anger.

“I can’t just stand and watch. You know me.” I told him with determination.

Junjin was not able to stop me. He knew I am the epitome of stubbornness. They all knew that I will come for them but not with this necklace. They did not expect my uncle to outsmart them by means of framing them up. They were a step late.

I was equally mad with the fact that my father was murdered and that my comrades were falsely accused. I needed to muster up anger towards them to internalize my revenge. My assessment didn’t fail me. Only contractors who were wearing the mission necklace can access the files of the organization. On my investigation – they were subjected to treachery and that is something unacceptable.

Junjin was able to turn off the tracker on my necklace but further modifications will fall on the hands of the remaining sins. It was only Minwoo’s coordinates that he can tell me. He told me that each of them only knows exactly one member’s location and this is to prevent the organization from hunting them down.

They don’t even know each other’s cover or what they are doing exactly while hiding. The given coordinates where not the precise location but each latitude and longitude degrees should have specific additional degrees included in it to finally point out where they are. They knew I am the only one who can solve it since the only person who knows their true birthdates is me.

The hospital was a perfect place to meet Minwoo the Sin of Gluttony since it will not raise any suspicion. It was his idea to purposely cause his injury. Our reunion filled my eyes with tears as he expressed his happiness by means of holding my hand and squeezing it tightly. He checked the necklace that I was wearing and removed the poison from its pearl pendant. He then advised me to go to Eric.

It was such a hard thing to get close to Eric the Sin of Sloth. I needed to pull some strings as an intern before I can get close to him but that unfortunate incident rushed our meet up. I thought I will lose him from that event but he proved me wrong. He knew I was coming from the very start and he pulled the cruelest prank of all.