Wrath

Mafia's Mask

I don’t know if it’s a good idea after all. All I can taste right now is regret since the first person that I am going to meet for the second time is Andy and the maids brought me to this dungeon like room. This room is what they call “Mansion’s Armory”.

As we walked to the narrow hallway leading to it, the cold atmosphere started to creep under my skin. I think I should have prepared myself for this kind of surprise. I didn’t even expected that in this modern day, something like this would still exist. It was located in the deepest part of the place.

There was a very old steel door that locks it up from other people’s access. I was amazed on how well it was maintained. I was welcomed with empty metal medieval armors lining up to a round stair case. White bricks covered the body of the room with different weapons hanging on it like an elegant accessory. There were a wide range of guns all over the place. Now that I realize it, the neatness of the place does not scare me at all – perhaps it gives me satisfaction on how organized it was like a meticulously charted collection.

Andy was already there waiting for me wearing a knitted grey pull over with orange linings on it. He stood up from his chair which looked like more of a throne to greet me with the same smile like yesterday.

“Good morning Dominique. So how was your sleep?” He gently asked with a pleasant expression on his face.

“It was fine. Thank you for asking. How about yours?”  We started with this very predictable conversation again.

“Well – I need to tell you the truth that I was thrilled when they told us to pick the room for our meet-up. HAHAHA! They gave us the list of the available spots and my curiosity immediately jumped to this section. I hope it does not bother you though.” He said shyly.

I don’t know if I should be honest. I was surprised because of his choice. I never knew that the most gentle of them all would pick such barbaric place for a meet-up. It’s odd but I can deal with it.

The maids left us as soon as we sat down to talk. It’s starting to feel more like an interview rather than a friendly catch-up. I need to change the pace of our talk or I might appear suspicious.

“Hey, you mentioned to me yesterday that you have something to give me before we parted ways?” I inquired.

“Oh yes. It was a good thing that I brought it with me today.” Andy looked so thrilled.

“Are you going to give it to me now?” I was also curious.

“I’ll hand it to you in one condition. I also brought your favorite candy with me. It took me a long time to find it so – I wouldn’t mind watching you enjoy it first.” He slid my favorite candy on the table. It was that orange chewable jelly.

This is just a piece of cake I told myself and grab it right away to take a bite. I chewed it like a kid in front of him and swallowed it. Andy’s expression seemed satisfied about it.

“Okay, that was fast. Now, before we continue – can I ask the maids to get our breakfast?” He stood up from his chair and went to the door by himself while I stay there thinking of the possible things that we can talk about.

My sudden spinning sensation re-occurred. I felt a little dizzy and started having flashbacks. I closed my eyes to cope with the images in my head.

I saw Andy’s picture on my hand while reading my notes about his profile. Yes, it was indeed one of those missing pages on my journal.

There it says, him being the Sin of Wrath. He was categorized as a ticking bomb. He will always appear calm and composed on the outside but there is such great chaos in him. He’s the most dependable when it comes to selecting the proper weapon to execute the tasks given to them as a team.

His picture had a map to locate where he is and it turned out that he was hiding as an underground gamer, trying to test newly released games before it even goes out in the market to fix its bugs. Since he took a break on being a contractor, he just resorted on games to satisfy himself. Online gaming seems to tame his inner thirst for blood lust I guess. This is how I profiled myself as Dominique to lure him in.

But the thing that confuses me the most is the part where I cried during the gaming convention. He tapped the tip of my nose to say goodbye and as a looked at his image drifting away among the sea of people, tears started to roll down on my cheeks. Shouldn’t I be full of anger and resentment?

I opened my eyes before he sits on his chair but I am not sure how well I can fake my reaction.

“Are you okay?” He asked immediately as he laid the bowl of sliced fruits on the table.

“Yes – ah, I think I am still a bit sleepy.” I had to force a yawn out of my system. I wanted to squeeze more information from him now that I am having this mini clips inside my head but that might give away my only chance to live.

I have thought of this last night; that we are being monitored by my so-called uncle and I need to be extra careful. I tried to talk about gaming instead. I asked Andy about the technicalities of the games that we used to play together and he responded in an amazing way. This non-sense talk won’t benefit anyone except for us I guess.

“Before we end our date – here. The thing is, I was really going to propose to you.” Andy smoothly grabbed my hand and put a ring on my palm.

I wasn’t able to react. It’s like I’ve been paralyzed with a breaming flood of emotion.

“It’s okay not to answer now. I can wait.” He saved me from my dilemma and the maids took me away from his presence.

I held to it tightly and put it inside my pocket.