The Sins

Mafia's Mask

I can’t even classify this day as a productive day since I was not able to find anything comprehensive. It does not also take me any further with finding out my real identity or even the fiancé among them that I need to recognize.

The maids went with me to my room. I told them that I would like to rest first and they gave me an instruction to ring them using the built in telephone inside my room if I will need anything.

It’s been a long day. I rested my head on the nearest pillow that my hands can reach. Maybe sleeping will help. I shall function better when I wake up.

While resting, I heard a voice calling me. I got up from my bed to look where it is coming from but it disappeared as soon as I opened my eyes. I remembered I must write on my journal.

Immediately I went to my luggage and opened it to see what I can still remember from the meet up that I did just a while ago. When I was finally able to get my hands on it, I realized something odd – some of my journal’s missing pages are now attached to it.

Starting from the newly inserted pages – I begun to read and inspect what was written on it.

“Dear Dad,

I can’t still believe you are now gone but don’t worry I will find them and I will take my revenge smoothly after getting the things that will make them suffer. I will do my best to locate the sins that forced you abandon me – your only daughter.

Thank you for giving me Shiloh as a gift. I really like her. She’s the most ideal version of me.”

All of these were written in my hand writing. I almost lost my grip when I saw my reflection on the mirror. I was wearing the same clothes as what Zena was wearing on that video. I was mentioned on my writings as a third person and I am so confused right now.

A searing pain started to invade the temples of my head that forced me to collapse on the floor. Right before I fell – I WOKE UP.

What is this? What is exactly happening to me? Everything felt so real, even Zena’s feelings of anger was totally swelling inside me up until now; the fact that has something to do with her father’s death. The dream was so clear and it forced its way outside my head but I can’t still understand it.

I decided not to write it down anymore. I need to relax first and not panic over this.

Recalling the conversation that I had with those 6 men, something sounded the same with all of their statements that gives me a hard time to identify who is the real fiancé. First, they all met in a very unique way and it seems none of the characters were with a parallel agenda to each other, second – they all separated in an abrupt moment and lastly, they all did mention that they were supposed to give me something before we parted ways. I wonder what that is.

The built in phone instantly rang that almost made me jump off my bed. I wonder who it was. I picked it up on its third ring and it was Wil.

“Hello my precious Zena. Are you able to squeeze any information from them? Can you identify who you should save among those men?” he spoke in such timid impression.

“Sorry, I don’t think I can tell you confidently a comprehensive assessment for now. I might need to meet them up once more.” I told him honestly. I thought that this might help me prolong my life.

“Well, you need to hurry up my precious niece. The longer we keep them in our premises the more suspicious our organization gets with your irresponsible actions. Just pick the one who will appear closest to your heart so we can filter the suspects and we can take it from there okay? Your father needs the justice that he deserves.” He ended our call with that cryptic message and the line went silent.

I put the phone back to its place with a shade of distrust. I don’t really feel comfortable with him for some weird reason. My tongue seems to fabricate stories whenever I am dealing with him. I don’t usually do this.

Deciding is really hard but I also need to survive. This made me arrive into an idea that will be beneficial for me in a way. I picked up the phone and pressed the button that says “Room Service”, without any delay – one of the maids answered and I asked them to go to my room to discuss the set up for tomorrow’s activity.

I have decided to have it done on the different sections of this mansion and that is for me to see where the best way for escaping is. I also entertained the idea for the other guests to decide where to meet so it will not appear suspicious.

Asking them to prepare a unique set of snack for each location is interesting too so I will have a reason to stay longer on our conversation. I still don’t know if I should make them aware of what is happening but I need to know what item are they supposed to give me before we get separated.

The mansion had a serene ambience at night. I was able to sleep peacefully. Showering was my priority the moment I wake up. I know it will be a long day and here I am all dolled up again in a different set of pajamas. They don’t seem to care much yesterday so I think this will be fine. These are the only clothes that I have left.