Let's Dance!

Hell's School

I walked down the halls after school again.  A few days passed so I guess I’m familiar with the school, a little.  As I walked down I realized that there was a room far down the hallway that I didn’t recognize before.  What’s here?  I’ve never seen this class before…  I walked down the hall and heard music playing.  It was a fast upbeat music, perfect for dancing.  I was super curious as to who was inside.  I peeked shyly through the window.  I sort of hid so no one can see me looking at what they are doing.  I saw a flash of long, dark hair from a girl.  Then a boy, with brown hair, zipped by the window.  I couldn’t see either dancers’ face.  They were moving fast and they weren’t facing in my direction.  They were looking at the large mirror in the dance room which was at the far end, where I couldn’t see.  Then I heard a man, not an old man’s, voice.  “Good job, you two!  But give in more energy, like you mean it!  It was definitely better than yesterday.  It’s getting better and better!  Let’s practice this one more time and then you guys can go do your other after school stuff.” he said encouragingly.  I heard the upbeat music pump again.  Let’s see the full performance.  Are they really that good?  I peered through the window.  I felt bad that I was being a peeping tom.

In the middle of the dance, the boy stopped dancing and looked down, panting.  The girl stopped too, looking at him.  “Ayy!  What’s wrong?” she asked the boy.  The boy looked up from the floor and turned around.  My eyes got wide when I saw that the marvelous male dancer was none other than Lee Taemin.  Taemin?  He dances?!  Omigosh he’s amazing!  Oh, crap!  He knew I was here?!?  Crap crap crap crap crap!  He’s coming this way!  Sure enough Taemin caught me starring and started walking towards the door.  He opened it and smiled at me warmly.  “JungHee, stop peeping all the time.  It’s kind of rude, don’t you know?  Come in and watch.  Just standing there, your legs are going to hurt later.” he said as he pulled my arm to draw me into the room.  “Yubin noona.  I just sensed someone watching us.  Sorry, Rain sir, for suddenly stopping.” he said.  I felt my face blush when Yubin turned around.  I was embarrassed for watching her and Taemin while dancing.  Their dance instructor came over to me and smiled.  “Hey, I’m Rain.  Just call me Rain.  I’m Taemin and Yubin’s dance instructor.” he said kindly.  I felt comfortable being here, even though I still felt bad for peeping.  Yubin turned back to the mirror and said in a loud, clear voice, “From the top!  Taemin, get over here and let JungHee sit.  Now, music cue!”  Taemin let me sit on the bench nearby and ran to his place again.  He and Yubin broke into the dancing.  I was in awe.  It was completely amazing.  “They’ve been training for a long time now.  Before Yubin went to America, she and Taemin worked on this dance.  The other boys just won’t do since they’re busy with stage managing, choir practice, or other such.  Taemin is pianist, but he can practice that at home.  Yubin isn’t really needed in the stage crew till actual performances happen.  So they’re the pair that’s usually free.  So I teach them pop dance.” Rain said.  I looked at them and breathed, “They’re amazing…”  “Thanks, JungHee!  It makes me happy that you’re enjoying this practice performance!” I heard Yubin call while panting from dancing.  I blushed.  Yubin unnie heard me from all the way over there?  I should watch what I say…  “Don’t worry, JungHee.  We appreciate comments, especially Yubin noona.” Taemin called as well, panting from dancing.  Damn, now I have to watch what I think too?!?  Am I really that predictable already? 

Yubin and Taemin finished and once again I started clapping like a retarded seal.  Yubin laughed and said in English, “Thank you!  Thank you!”  Right….  Yubin unnie was in America for a while too.  Does everyone know how to speak English here but me?!?  I think Taemin saw my expression and chuckled.  “She said thanks, if you’re just wondering.  Yubin noona, JungHee never been to America and isn’t too familiar with English language.” Taemin said.  He so nice.  Oh Taemin, you’re so cool.

As the two wrapped up the practice, Rain looked at me and said, “JungHee, would you be interested in joining this dance program?  We could turn this duo pair into a dance group into a trio.”  “I’m not too sure.  I’m really thankful for everyone introducing me to these programs to get me active in school, but I don’t know.” I replied.  I really wasn’t too sure about anything around this school.  The dance team was awesome but would I mess it up with my two left feet?  The choir was amazing but do I have a beautiful voice like the others as they say I do?  The stage crew seem to be alright but do I have the skills for it?  Rain just nodded and said goodbye to us.  Yubin grabbed her bag and looked at me.  “Oy, JungHee!  Wanna come with me to the stage crew?  I only have to do some checking up on things, no biggie.  But you can come with me if you want.” she said.  “No, noona!  She’s coming to the choir team with me.  Right, JungHee?” Taemin said.  “Uhm… I don’t know.  I was hoping to just walk around or go to the library and study a bit…” I said and blushed furiously.  Yubin laughed and said, “Okay then.  I’ll see you guys later!” as she left the room.  Taemin looked at me.  “JungHee, it would be nice if you come to the choir.  You have a beautiful voice.”  I blushed and I felt as if I was going to die from blushing like a madman.  “I’m still thinking, Taemin.  But thanks for inviting me.” I said.  Taemin smiled and walked me out of the dance room.  Then he threw his bag over his shoulder and walked down the hall towards the chorus room.  I watched him, then turned to the library.

I found the library and not too many people were there.  That was good, I didn’t want to be attacked by people who know me for being just Minzy’s friend.  I sat in the back on a table by myself and started studying.  I went over the lessons from today and soon I started doodling on my paper.  I drew funny faces and fruits.  Don’t ask me why I was doing something stupid.  Soon I fell asleep.  I didn’t know when I fell asleep but I remember waking up because I felt that someone was watching me.  I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the chair in front of me.  My eyes was making my vision blurry but the person’s voice called my name and the voice is totally recognizable.  It was Seungri.  “JungHee, why are you sleeping here?” Seungri asked me.  “Everyone went home.  Even the stage crew, and they stay the longest.”  I stared at him till my vision wasn’t blurry anymore.  How long have I’ve been sleeping?  Everyone went home even stage crew?  How long has Seungri been watching me sleep?!?  “Uhm….  Seungri?  How long have you been watching me?  If stage crew left as well, you’ve been watching me for a long time, right?” I asked.  Seungri blushed and laughed.  “Ahh….  Uhm…  I’ve been here for a while, I guess?  You looked so peaceful and cute sleeping, I didn’t want to wake you up.” he said.  “Oh…” I said and started to pack my books.  Seungri piped up and asked, “So, you’ve seen TaeTae and Yubin noona’s dance?  It’s good, right?  Wish I had the time to dance.  Haha!  Here, I’ll walk you home today, JungHee.  My parents aren’t going to be home for a while so I was just thinking of hanging with Sungmin but he’s busy.  So how about it?”  I looked at him and nodded.  “Thanks, Seungri.”

We walked a bit and Seungri started talking about how the choir team formed.  “It started a while back.  It started when the seniors now were freshmen.  All the seniors; Nickhun hyung, Victoria noona, Jessica noona,and Wooyoung hyung were all in the choir to start.  Victoria noona and Nickhun have been dating since they joined the choir.  So they’re like the oldest couple ever.  Anyways, Jessica noona has Krystal, Krystal was soon added.  Krystal and Suzy were pretty familiar with each other, Krystal added Suzy.  Taemin, Sungmin, and I were in their classes too back then.  Suzy was always bubbly so the three guys decided to do some peeping and see what the whole thing was about because Suzy was so perky about it.  Jessica noona added us too.  Sunye and Sooyoung were infamous for singing since they were little.  They do some dancing too, like the rest of us.  But they didn’t want to join the choir.  Leeteuk hyung was being picked on one day and the Jung Sisters were kinda cranky that day.  They were annoyed at the fact that people were picking on Leeteuk hyung so they beat them up but not a lot of people know that.  Sora noona and Jibin were friends from the beginning.  They were family friends.  At some huge convention or some party or something, Sora noona met Leetuk hyung.  Sora noona isn’t too interested in singing so Leeteuk hyung left the choir team and went to acting field with Sora noona.  Jibin and Sora noona have been there the longest.  No one really knows why Wooyoung hyung left the choir team.  Sunye and Sooyoung had nothing better to do so they went with Sora noona.  I think Sooyoung might like Wooyoung hyung so that might be another reason why she followed him and Sunye close at her tail.  Yubin noona was the last to join.  I’m not too sure how Yubin noona joined, but you can ask Jibin.  He would know.  Jibin is the most interesting of us all, that punk.  Haha.” 

Wow, the freshmen now were friends with everyone from the start.  I wonder if he knows about the elites.  “Seungri?  Was there ever a time the elite came to play while you guys were friends?” I asked timidly.  Seungri looked at me.  “Why are you interested in the elites?  Is it because Suzy’s epidemic got to you, or that you’re Gong Minzy’s friend?”  I nodded and said, “Minzy’s my best friend.  The reason I’m here in this school is because Minzy’s parents are paying my tuition and Minzy wanted me here.”  Seungri’s face was expressionless but you can tell he was upset.  “Minzy’s your best friend, huh?  That would make you immediately an elite.  When Hyorin sunbae gives the right to Minzy, Minzy will then select the small group of people to be in her elite group.  And most likely you would be in it.”  I stared at him.  “Anyways, I don’t think there was ever a time Hyorin sunbae and the elites interfered with us.  If anything, it’s probably something that happened a long time ago.  Or they’re just hiding it from the rest of us.  Victoria noona was rumored to be an elite because she was Hyorin’s friend at one point.  EunJung sunbae and Chaerin sunbae didn’t go to school where the majority of us went, including Hyorin sunbae.  I don’t know where she met the other two sunbaes but Victoria was rumored about being an elite till she started dating Nickhun hyung.  That might be the reason why Victoria noona wasn’t chosen.” he said.  Guess only Jibin knows about Sora unnie’s issue with the elites…