Let's Chat with Jibin!

Hell's School

The next morning, I had a huge headache.  Smart, JungHee, just smart.  You got a stupid headache from banging your head on the damn wall.  You’re such an idiot.  Because of the headache, my mother let me stay home.  “Kyuhyun ends earlier today since its Friday.  Father will be home late and so will I.  If anything, call your oppa since his work place is a lot closer than any of us.  Be safe, lock the door, sleep, rest, drink lots of water, and am I forgetting anything?  Oh, I love you, sweetheart.  Goodbye!” mother called before leaving.  Gosh, my mom does that all the time.

I was resting in bed trying to calm my headache but I got a phone call.  I looked at the caller ID and I saw Jibin’s name.  Jibin?  Isn’t he in school?  Is something the matter?  “Hello?” I said.  “Jibin-ah!  Why are you calling me during school hours?  Is something wrong?  Tell noona, everything okay?”  I heard him laughing on the other end.  “Noona, everything is okay.  Are you alright?  You’re not in school today.  I called because I was bored.  I want noona here.  It’s boring without noona.”  D’awww so sweet of Jibin to call me.  BUT HE’S SUPPOSED TO BE IN SCHOOL!  “Jibin.  You’re supposed to be in school.  Go to class.”  “I have study hall.  So I really don’t need to be there.  Let’s chat a bit!”  “Jibin…  Sigh~ I don’t want you to be in trouble.”  “Noona. Stop worrying.  I’m fine.  Besides, none of the teachers are going to catch me.  The bell for study hall will be over soon so I’ll just go to lunch and pass the phone around to the others who want to talk to you.”  I definitely heard the bell ring and Jibin said, “Noona, wait like 10 minutes and I’ll call you back.  Bye!”  As I hung up, I laughed loudly.  That Jibin, so cute of him.  I went downstairs to get something to eat.  As I got my food ready, an incoming phone call came.  “Hello?” I said into the receiver.  “YAH, PABO!  WHY AREN’T YOU IN SCHOOL?!?” I heard Sora yell into the phone.  “Sora noona!  Don’t yell at her!” Jibin’s voice said in the background.  “Ah, Sora unnie.  I wasn’t feeling too great.  My head was hurting when I woke up but everything’s better now.  Haha!” I replied.  “Better come tomorrow, Cho JungHee.” Sora chuckled.  “Alrightie.  I will, don’t worry.”  “Noona, everyone’s going to say hi, okay?” I heard Jibin say.  “HIIIII, JUNGHEE!!!!!!!!” I heard everyone say.  I laughed loudly and said “hi” back.  “Hey, JungHee.” I heard Seungri’s voice from the phone.  I blushed like crazy.  My hand went to my forehead.  Seungri, I’m not in school because of you.  If you hadn’t made me go insane, maybe I wouldn’t have had to hit my forehead on the wall.  “Hey, Seungri.” I replied as coolly as possible.  “JungHee, are you feeling alright?  Want me to stop by today?”  “No!  I mean, no, it’s fine.  My oppa’s shift today is ending early so he’ll be home by 4 instead of 6.  Don’t worry about me!”  “Alright.  Just don’t hurt yourself, JungHee.”  He sounded really concerned.  I was happy that I had someone worried about me and had a soft tone, but remembering what Seungri did, I can’t stop blushing about the situation.  So glad that I wasn’t with him or I think he would have laughed at my insanely red face.  “HI, JUNGHEE!  Wait, I already said that.  Anyways, HIIIII!!!!” I heard Suzy’s perky voice.  I giggled, “Hey, Suzy.  How did today go?  Did Minzy say anything?” I asked.  I was actually curious what happened.  Yesterday Minzy said that she was sorry.  Was she?  I would be disappointed if Minzy picked on Suzy again after all that apology.  “Huh?  No, I was late today.  I was going for Hyorin sunbae’s style from the first week of schoo—OW, SORA UNNIE!  THAT HURT!  Sorry, she hit my head for being late to school because I was trying to copy Hyorin sunbaenim.  Anyways, I failed so I just went to school and the elites already went inside.  Oh well.  Tomorrow I’ll try doing Hyorin sunbaenim’s style!  Hehehe.”  I smiled as I heard Suzy talking about what happened.  “Noona?  Yeah, the bell is going to ring so we have to go back to class.  We’ll talk to you later.  Bye, noona!  Get better soon!”  “Bye, Jibin.  See you tomorrow.” I said and hung up the phone.  Well, I felt close to my friends even though I was out for the day. 

Oppa came home and I had some tea out for him.  “Thanks, JungHee.  Hope you weren’t bored all day being by yourself.” he said after he washed up.  I shook my head.  “Naw, it’s alright.  Everything went well.”  Kyuhyun oppa nodded his head and then the doorbell rang.  Oppa stood up and went to get the door.  I heard murmurs and then Oppa calling me, “JungHee!  One of your school friends are here.  I’m letting him in.”  HIM?  Please not Seungri.  It’s going to be so awkward.  I looked and saw Jibin’s smile.  “Noona!” he called.  “Jibin?  How did you find out where I lived?” I asked.  Jibin had a mischievous smile and said, “Suzy noona got your address from Minzy noona.”  MINZY?!?!  Suzy got it from Minzy?!?  When would they have the time to meet?!  Jibin said, “I really don’t know how Suzy noona would be able to meet her.  I mean, Minzy noona is an elite after all.  It’s Suzy noona’s ‘secret’ as she said.”  I saw my oppa raise an eyebrow.  “Oppa, the school has a separate popularity class.  The founder of the school’s children from the 1900’s started it and the ‘heir’ to this popularity seating is by the family.  Minzy’s cousin is the current heir to this.  Minzy is always with them so she and I don’t hang out anymore.” I explained.  “That’s silly.  To have such a popularity class.  I mean, I guess it feels nice to be popular but to have heirs?  That’s too much stupidity.  Such a thing shouldn’t separate you from your best friend, JungHee.” he said.  And he’s right.  It really shouldn’t.  “Oppa, you don’t know how the school works.  It’s like pure hell.” I retorted and headed towards my room with Jibin.  “Alright, kiddo.  If anything, I’ll be in the living room.”

“So what did you want to talk to be about, Jibin?” I asked when we settled on my bed.  I brought up some chips to munch on as we talked.  Jibin looked at me and asked, “Noona, are you going to join the choir team?  They’re performing for the talent show.  But you, you’re like a member that comes often but not really participating.  So Jessica noona wants to know if you’re seriously into joining the choir.”  I never really thought about that.  Then Jibin grinned.  “If now, join the stage crew!  It’ll be fun, I promise!”  I laughed.  I haven’t thought about joining stage crew either.  “I don’t know.  Honestly, the thought of performing seems a little nerve wrecking, and I don’t have any talent like you or Sooyoung, or Sunye, or Sora unnie, or Wooyoung oppa, or Leeteuk oppa.  So I’m not too sure.” was my reply.  “I hear that the elites are going to perform as well.  They didn’t perform last year but they decided to do it this year.  They’re doing a dance.  I hope it goes well for them.” Jibin said.  I smiled.  Minzy?  Dancing?  How cute.  She always danced as a little kid.  Haha.  Her trying to teach me was ridiculous.  Wonder what dance they are doing?  “Noona, I noticed something.”  I looked at him.  “I think Seungri hyung likes you.  I could be wrong but it’s just a hunch, you know what I’m saying?”  What is he saying?  Seungri likes me?  What!?!?  Impossible.  Then I remembered the kiss on my forehead.  His voice echoed in my head saying, “You’re really cute, JungHee.”  I shook my head saying, “That’s silly, Jibin.  That’s not true.  Besides, if anything, he and Suzy act like a couple that fights all the time.  Haha!”  Jibin looked seriously at me.  “Suzy noona and Seungri hyung have known each other for a long time.  Their parents’ companies work together often.  But dating?  Bae Suzy and Lee Seunghyun?  That will happen when I go stupid.  I seriously think that Seungri hyung likes you, noona.  When he was on the phone with you, he had this face full of concern.  He also had a tone of voice I’ve never heard before other than when he’s flirting with other girls.  But that voice was not crude of flirtatious.  He really meant it.  I think he really likes you noona.”  I stared at Jibin.  I didn’t know what to say.  I mean, Seungri couldn’t possibly like me.  Sure he seems like a playboy or a total flirt that’s a goofball but I doubt he likes me.  The kiss on my forehead reminded me.  I looked away and cursed in my head.  Damn you, Seungri.  I hate you for this.  You’re making me confused.  Were you flirting with me or being for real?

“Anyways, I’m going to leave, noona.  I have to get home.” Jibin said as he got up, interrupting my train of thoughts.  “Oh, okay.  See you tomorrow then.” I said as he left.  Oppa watched me.  “Hey, JungHee.” he said.  “Is that Jibin kid younger than you?”  I looked at him and nodded.  “He’s two years younger than me but same grade.  He’s academically a genius so he skipped two grades.  Amazing, huh?” I said with a smile.  Kyuhyun oppa stared at me in disbelief.  “He’s a genius…” he mused. 

After dinner, I crawled in my bed as usual.  What Jibin told me that afternoon still bothered me.  Seungri liking me seemed impossible but the kiss…  Because of the stupid kiss it made me rethink…  Seungri did watch me in my sleep in the library.  He watched for a while from what I can tell.  Damn you!  You’re so weird, Seungri!  My phone buzzed with an incoming text message.  “Hey JungHee.  What are you doing after school?” was the message from Taemin.  “Idunno.  Why?” I replied back.  Soon, “Emmm….  Wanna hang out?  Jessica noona has a doctor appointment so we don’t have choir tomorrow.  I have nothing to do either.  Wondering if you wanna hang out.smiley”  I stared at the message.  How do I answer this?  “Hmm…  let’s hang then.  I don’t think I have anything planned either. laugh” “Great.  Well, Goodnight.  See you tomorrow!”  Well looks like I’m spending tomorrow afternoon with Taemin.  Hope my day isn’t ruined in school.