Welcome to Hell. Hope You Have a Good Year

Hell's School

 

Many high school students would be enthusiastic to start freshman year.  Not me.  Why?  Because I’m starting my next four years in Hell’s School.  The only reason why I’m excited is to see my friend again.  My friend is Gong Minzy.  Minzy is my best friend but we couldn’t hang out this summer because she was in America studying English.  Lucky her.  Her parents have the money to send her to a summer school in AMERICA.  I’m what the snooty rich people call a “seo-min” or middle class person.  I hate when people like them refer to me like that.  Minzy thankfully isn’t like that.  She’s kind and sweet, unless there’s someone picking on me because I’m not rich yet I hang out with a rich girl.

Anyways I made my way up to the school and I saw Minzy.  “MINZY-AH!!” I called.  Minzy spun around and I saw her sweet baby face.  “JungHee~!!!!  I MISSED YOU!!” Minzy screamed.  I ran to be and hugged her tightly.  “How was America?” I asked.  Minzy beamed.  “It’s amazing!” she said in English.  I frowned.  I know a little English because in Korea they teach a little English but my English is very limited.  “What?  What is ‘uh-may-zing’?”  Minzy laughed.  “It was really nice and cool,” she said back in Korean.  “One day, I’ll take you with me!”  I laughed.  I knew that she will it’s just that I don’t know if I CAN.  “OMIGOSH!  JungHee!  Look!  This year’s queen is here!” Minzy squealed.  I glanced at the large white limo that was pulling into the school’s parking lot.  The chauffer got out and opened the door for the person inside.  “LOOK IT’S HYORIN!” Minzy shrieked.  I don’t know why Minzy is suddenly so interested in seeing this girl.  “Who?” I asked.  I felt kinda stupid.  Minzy looked at me in shock.  “It’s Kim HyoJung!  She’s this year’s heir.  She likes to be called ‘Hyorin’, though.  Everyone calls her that.  Her cousin, Lee Minyoung, gave her rights to be the next ‘IT Girl’!  Oh, Lee Minyoung, she likes being called Min.  Hyorin sunbae is so pretty!  Look she’s coming out now!”  I turned around and sure enough a glamorous girl stepped out.  Two more girls followed her out of the limo.  “Wow…” Minzy breathed.  “Hyorin sunbae is coming out with her friends too!  Le ChaeRin and Ham EunJung!”  I looked questioningly at Minzy.  “Oh!  ChaeRin sunbae.  People call her CL sunbae.  She’s the blonde one.  EungJung doesn’t have a nickname.  She’s the one with the shorter hair.”  I looked back.  CL sunbae and EunJung sunbae were equally as gorgeous to Hyorin sunbae.  All the students, freshmen, sophomores, and juniors all gathered to see the beautiful seniors.  You could hear everyone mumble and whisper.  I couldn’t hear what they were saying but you could pick up words such as “gorgeous” and “popular” not to mention “spectacularly amazing”.  Guys were calling them “beautiful creatures” and “y” and such.  Hyorin, EunJung, and CL all walked down towards the entrance of the school.  Hyorin in middle but a little front, EungJung and CL on the either side so they formed a small triangle.  They walked with their chins held high.  Hyorin with almost no expression on her face.  EunJung had a half smile smirk on her face and CL had twisted a bit to show a really rebellious girl.  Even though we all wear the same uniform, the three girls seemed to make it look more expensive than it already is.

“Yah!  Where do you think you’re looking?  At me or the wall?” Hyorin snapped at some cute looking guy that was staring at the girls’ direction.  “Oh sorry.  I wasn’t looking at you, Hyorin sunbae…” his voice cracked.  The guy just lost all his cool due to Hyorin sunbae snapping at him.  “Huh!  Then who were you looking at?  Were you looking at EungJung?  EunJung!  C’mere for a second.”  EunJung walked so coolly towards Hyorin.  “Were you looking at me?  Haha.  I’m sorry but I don’t like your type.  You’re not my ideal.  And you look like a player so that’s a definite no.” EungJung said coolly.  Hyorin smirked and the two went back to walking with CL.  CL looked at a girl that was not too far from me.  She strode over to her and glanced at the girl, up and down.  “Oy, Hyorin!  Check what this chick is wearing!” CL called to Hyorin.  Hyorin walked over and glared at the girl.  “Don’t try to be us.  You think you can pull off this look?  You like CL’s rebel style?  Well ‘rebel’ style ain’t for you.”  Hyorin really has a bad smart mouth.  Just seeing her treat other students like this made me mad.  I looked at Minzy.  She was watching in awe.  I looked at the girl but I couldn’t see her reaction.  The trio elites walked on slowly.  “What’s with them?  They’re so mean!”  Minzy looked at me silly.  “JungHee…  You really don’t know how this school works?  Those people are trying to get their attention!  It’s weird but they think it’s a HUGE deal if the elites of the school even say ‘hi’ to them.”  I giggled but then I realized that Hyorin was staring at my direction.  My face fell and I thought that she was going to think I’m like those attention seeking people.

Hyorin called out in a loud voice, “Gong Minzy!”  I was startled when she called my best friend’s name.  Minzy looked up with a smile and immediately said, “Yes, Hyorin unnie?”  I looked at her in shock.  “UNNIE?!?!” I whispered to her.  I felt all the students’ stare at either on Hyorin, me, or Minzy.  Minzy blushed and said, “Sorry I never told you.  Hyorin is my older cousin...  I have to go to class.  English class with Hyorin unnie, CL unnie, and EunJung unnie.  Bye!”  Minzy ran to Hyorin’s side.  I stared while the two cousins walked together down the hall. 

“Omona.  You’re little Minzy’s friend?  Hoho.  And you didn’t know she’s Hyorin’s friend?”  I spun around to the person who was talking to me.  I was going to punch them for mocking me but I stopped when I realized EunJung was the one speaking and CL was smirking like an idiot.  I was speechless.  “EunJung-ah, quit bothering this ‘seo-min’ and let’s get to class.  Hyorin would be waiting for us.” CL spoke in English except for “EunJung-ah” and “seo-min”  and “Hyorin”.  I watched the other two sunbaes walk away with their heels clicking down the hall.  I felt all alone.  So I slowly dragged my feet to my math class.  “This is a great day….” I sarcastically muttered to myself.