The Stage Crew & More New Friends

Hell's School

 

I walked to the auditorium and saw Jibin, Sora, and two other girls running back and forth across the stage.  They were giggling loudly.  When I walked in, Jibin looked up and said, “Sora noona!  JungHee noona is here!”  I smiled at him.  It felt nice to be called “noona”.  I only have an older brother so it’s not fun.  I’m the maknae of the family.  My brother is Cho Kyuhyun.  He graduated high school last year, but not in Hell’s School.  Remember, my tuition is being paid by Minzy’s parents so he could have never gotten into this school.  I felt so amazing being a “noona” and I felt the need of being the best noona to Jibin whether he’s my brother or not, he’s still my dongsaeng and hoobae to me.

Jibin gave me a big smile and ran towards me.  “JungHee noona!  What are you doing here?” he asked me.  I laughed lightly and said that I was just browsing and getting myself used to the school environment.  Jibin smiled and said, “Noona, you’re so funny.  If you stay with us, you’ll learn the way the school works, the way around school, and who knows, you’ll be an elite!”  I frowned at his last comment.  “Jibin!  She’s NOT going to be an elite!” I heard Sora call.  Sora walked up to us and two girls walked with her.  “JungHee is NOT going to be an elite.  Minzy won’t probably select her to be in her small circle.” she scowled.  I never saw Sora put such a nasty face.  This morning she had a beautiful cheery smile, now she looked like a different person.  Suddenly, one of the girls broke off the silence.  “Hi, I’m Sunye.  And this is Sooyoung.  We have two other guys here but they’re back stage.  We’ll introduce them to you!” the girl said.  Sora’s face went back to normal and she smiled at me.  “I’m sorry for yelling.  I normally don’t but I just have…. a bad history with the elites.  Don’t mind me.  Go meet the others in our crew.  You didn’t meet them during lunch so go meet them right now.” she kindly said to me.  Sunye and Sooyoung ran back to the stage and Jibin took my hand.  “C’mon, noona!  Let’s go meet Wooyoung hyung and Leeteuk hyung!”  Jibin was so cute.  I wished I had a little brother and not a big bro like Kyuhyun Oppa.

“Yah!  Stop pulling my arm!  It’s going to break off!” I heard a guy’s voice say.  Then I heard Sooyoung’s laughter and said, “Meet the new girl, JungHee!  Please, Woo Oppa?  Pwease??”  Then I saw two guys behind the curtains.  Both very handsome boys.  Sunye pulled me over and pointed to one of the guys.  “That’s Wooyoung.  He’s Nickhun’s best friend.  They have so much bromance it makes Vicky unnie jealous.  It turns Khuntoria into Khunyoung. Kekeke.  And that’s Leeteuk.  He’s Sora’s boyfriend.  They’re a new couple.  Khuntoria is so ancient.”  Wooyoung looked at me and joked.  “Well, this is JungHee?  Such a cute hoobae.  Do you have a boyfriend?  Would he mind if an oppa like hangs with you for a while?”  I was kind of nervous when he said that but then Sooyoung came and punched him in the abs.  “Yah!  I’m telling Khunnie Oppa.  I think Victoria Unnie will be happy.  Stop harassing the new girl!”  Wooyoung laughed and went back to his carpentry for stage props.  Leeteuk then came over to where I was and put out his hand.  I shook his hand.  “I’m Leeteuk.  It’s a pleasure to meet you.  Don’t mind Wooyoung.  He can be very flirtatious but don’t mind him.  Just call Sooyoung over and she’ll take care of it.”  Sora came and Leeteuk smiled.  They were definitely an adorable couple just like Khuuntoria. 

“So, noona,” I heard Jibin say.  I turned around and saw him sitting on a table not too far from me.  “Noona, what brought you here to the auditorium?  Was the other noonas making too much noise that you came to investigate?”  he asked me.  “No!  It’s not like that!  I didn’t think you guys were making a lot of noise.  In fact, it seemed very sibling-like.  I really liked hearing you guys together.”  Jibin had a small gleam in his eye.  “Okay!” he said cheerfully.  “Noona, we’re in charge of props and such.  We’re more into the drama and acting field so we’re usually in charge of stage set up.  Wooyoung hyung is carpenter for anything that needs to be set up like a building.  Leeteuk hyung and Sora noona, when they aren’t petting and kissing, they do painting.  Sunye noona and Sooyoung noona put up decorations.  I do calculations, money managing, and all that annoying stuff.  It’s kind of fun when you have lots of your friends with you.”  I smiled and nodded.  That’s certainly a large job for a kid like him.  Then again, he is really smart if he skipped two grades…  I’ve never seen a kid like him.  How am I going to be a good noona to him if he’s more intelligent than me? 

I checked the time on my watch.  It was already 5:05 pm.  “OH MY GOSH!” I cried making everyone turn at me.  “I’m sorry, I have to leave.  I promised to walk with Minzy but it’s really late!  I’ll see you guys tomorrow!” I called as I left.  Upon leaving, I saw a dark look on Sora’s face.  Does she really not want me to be an elite?  Not that I want to, but what’s the bad history between her and the elites?  I ran outside but no one was there.  I ran to my locker and saw a post-it note there.  It was from Minzy.  “JungHee-ah.  Sorry, we won’t be able to walk home anymore.  Hyorin unnie is taking me home by limo now.  I hope you had a fun first day of school here.  I want you to have a great year. –Minzy”  I sighed.  I really didn’t like how the elites were taking my best friend away from me.  Is the kind of bad history Sora had with the elites?  But neither of them are her age.  She’s younger than Eunjung, Hyorin, and CL.  They’re graduating now and Sora graduates a year before me. 

“This is why Sora noona doesn’t want you to be an elite, JungHee noona.” I heard a voice call.  I turned around and saw Jibin there.  I looked at him and laughed, “What are you talking about, Jibin?”  Jibin looked down and said quietly, “It isn’t my position to tell you but Sora noona has bad relations with Hyorin noona sunbae.  I’m not too sure about what went down, I’m two years younger than you so how would I know what happened in their ancient years?  Haha.  Don’t tell Sora noona I said that.  But, seriously.  I do know that at one point, Hyorin noona sunbaenim and Sora noona were close friends.  More closer than how CL noona sunbae and EunJung noona sunbae are with Hyorin noona sunbae.”  I looked at him in shock.  So that’s it.  Sora doesn’t want me to leave the rest of them when I become an elite.  Or is it something else?  Is it that Sora feels that I’ll be hurt if Minzy doesn’t talk to me anymore?  “Sora noona, although she isn’t the eldest, she protects us all.  Even Khun hyung, Victoria noona, Jessica noona, and Wooyoung hyung, and they’re seniors.  She looks over all of us.  She’s like our leader.  There’s no sob story behind it like in those dramas.  She and Suzy noona were just the nicest people around and made friends easily.  Seungri hyung, too.  The three are all very nice and friendly.  The scariest duo is still the Jung Sisters.  Krystal noona and Jessica noona can get very scary.  When Sora noona isn’t around, they’re next in charge.  Ah!  But that’s only when Yubin noona isn’t around.  Yubin noona is scary but she’s really nice.  Sora noona is nice and very protective; Yubin noona is scary but don’t be scared.  She seems scary but her personality is bright like Suzy noona.  Yubin noona always comes from her vacations late.  She should be back in 2 or 3 days.”  I felt that the more I was talking with Jibin the more closer I was getting to the other friends.  Jibin looked at me.  “Noona, you’re probably wondering how I know them so well.  Well, Sora noona is a family friend of mine.  And she was my tutor.  She’d teach me what she was learning in high school, last year, so I pretty much caught up and said that I could just go to high school.  Pretty neat, huh?  So I being acquainted with Sora noona allowed me to have friends by the time I entered high school.  I met all the noonas first and then the hyungs.  Sora noona is really like my noona.  I would do anything for her, even protect her back.” he said with the most cutest smile ever.

I realized as he talked, we were walking down the corridor and was outside.  “Jibin-ah, when do you go home?” I asked.  It was getting late and I know the choir team was about done when I left.  Stage crew seemed to be cleaning up as well when I barged into the auditorium.  “I should be walking now, back home.  I’ll see you tomorrow, JungHee noona!” he said as he ran one direction and I started walking the other.  I really feel as though I’ve been friends with them for a long time.  It’s kind of sad to say that I feel closer to them then close to Minzy….  I miss Minzy…