Meet Yubin!

Hell's School

The next day I woke up same time as usual.  I got dressed into the uniform and went down to have breakfast.  I had some rice and sunny-side up egg.  The usual.  I walked slowly towards the school.  It was a beautiful day.  I wonder what Minzy is doing after school.  I really want to be with her again…  Suddenly, I bumped into someone.  “Yah!  Watch it, you clumsy fool!” the person said.  I looked up and saw a beautiful elegant looking girl staring at me.  “I’m so sorry!  I didn’t see you there.” I stammered.  Her attitude seemed like she would fit to be like CL sunbae or EungJung sunbae or even Hyorin sunbae.  She sighed and walked along.  I noticed that her uniform was like mine.  Great, I made an enemy already?  To make it worse, she’s in my school.  This is going to be a long year!

“JUNGHEE!!!” I heard someone call my name.  I looked up thinking it was Minzy.  It was just like Minzy’s personality: bright and cheerful.  But it wasn’t Minzy.  It was Suzy.  I guess it was alright, because I liked Suzy.  She’s really funny, happy, pretty, and friendly.  I just wished it was Minzy.  “Oh, hi, Suzy.  What’s with your get up?” I said giving her a weird look.  Suzy had dark eyeliner makeup on and bubble gum pink lipgloss on.  She laughed and said, “Today’s I’m cosplaying as EungJung sunbaenim.  Yesterday I wanted to do CL style, so I did!  And CL noticed me!  I hope EunJung notices me.  She hardly notices anything.”  “Are you an attention seeker?  Suzy, why are you trying so hard for them to notice you?” I asked her.  She shrugged her shoulder and looked what was behind me.  “OMIGOSH THEY’RE HERE!” I turned around and saw the same limo from yesterday pulling into the school.  When it opened, Hyorin sunbae stepped out and Minzy followed her.  EungJung and CL stepped out after.  Something isn’t right here.  Why is Minzy’s face covered in makeup?  She doesn’t have her cute baby aegyo like face.  Would I become like that if I become an elite?!  Is this the reason why Sora unnie doesn’t want me to be an elite?  I would look so stupid with make up on.

The four elites walked towards the entrance of the school as a large crowd started to gather.  The boys were checking them out again and the girls were scowling with envy.  “Yah!  Don’t look at the next heir like that.  She’s too young for you.  Back off, creeper.” CL snapped at a boy.  The boy looked away and turned bright red.  Minzy gave a glare that I have never seen before.  She’s glared at guys when they made fun of me, but this glare wasn’t Minzy’s defiant glare.  Rather it was scarier and haughtier.  Does she really think I’ll have an amazing year and more years to come here if she’s going to be like THAT?  Minzy, what’s wrong with you?

“EunJung unnie,” I heard Minzy say.  Her voice was stronger and slightly deeper.  She usually has a cute voice like a little child.  She sounded all grown up.  “EunJung unnie, some girl over there is mimicking your makeup…  Isn’t she the one who copied CL’s style from LAST YEAR?”  I looked at Suzy.  She looked away from the elites.  Minzy, are you picking on Suzy now?!?  But you seemed to be happy about Suzy.  You seemed happy to see that I’ve made a friend already!  Don’t you dare pick on her.  Minzy walked over to Suzy and stared at her eyes hard.  Without thinking I marched over and pulled Suzy away.  “JungHee, what are you doing?” I heard Suzy whisper.  “Minzy, don’t pick on Suzy.  She just looks up to you elites.” I said defending my friend.  I heard a few gasps and murmurs.  They are definitely talking about how I’m best friends with Minzy but I’m defending another girl.  Oh no, what did you do JungHee?!?  I felt someone grab my left shoulder.  I looked to my left and saw EunJung looking at me while holding my shoulder.  CL, chewing bubble gum, blew a bubble then popped it and smirked at me.  Hyorin walked over to Minzy side and looked at me.  Minzy seemed surprised that I talked back at her, but she wouldn’t show it.  She just calmly raised her eyebrow and looked at me funny.  “Oh?  Is it hurting you that I’m pointing out something about your friend here?” she said.  Her voice seemed cold and I wanted to cry.  I wanted to old Minzy back.  “You see, my dear JungHee.  She’s an attention seeker.  I should give what she wants, right?  Don’t you want your friend to get what she wants?” Minzy said coolly.  I looked away from their glare and wanted to sink into the floor.  I wanted to dig a hole through the Earth’s core and land somewhere in America.  “Minzy-ah, let’s go.  We spent too long out here today.” Hyorin said.  Again, Hyorin sunbae broke the silence.  The four girls disappeared into the school.  The large crowd disappeared and I was left with Suzy.  “Uhm… thanks for defending me.  You didn’t have to.  What Minzy said is true though.  I am an attention seeker.  I want them to notice me.  Don’t worry so much when they say such cold words.  I don’t think it affects us that much since it happens every day.”  she said.  The two of us went inside and went to homeroom.

When we got there, I saw Sora unnie talking with Sungmin.  The two of them looked at me and Suzy as we walked in.  “Good job back there, kiddo.” I heard Sora say.  “You stood up to the elites!  Now that’s going to be in the school’s newsletter.”  I stared at her and my face went pale.  Newsletter?!?  I don’t want to be in the newsletter!  I don’t want the whole school to know that I stood up against my best friend trying to protect Suzy!  Sungmin laughed, “It’s okay, JungHee.  I’m in the newsletter group so I’ll see if they could remove that.  This news will die out hopefully by tomorrow.  If it’s on the school’s newsletter, it’d be up longer so don’t worry.  I’ll see what I can do.”  He smiled and I felt a huge wave of relief.  “That’s what me and Sora noona were talking about.  She wanted to see if I can conceal your name from the school’s newsletter.  See you guys at lunch!” he called as he ran out of the classroom.  Oh right, Sungmin isn’t in this homeroom.  “I’m going to remove this makeup now.” I heard Suzy call as she too left the room.  I sighed in relief.  Sora then said, “I don’t want you to be connected with the elites.  Standing up against Minzy really was a good thing for you.  She probably won’t select you to be in the elite group because you stood up to her.”  I looked at her.  She seemed depressed talking about it.  I remembered what Jibin told me about Sora unnie and Hyorin sunbae.  Sora seemed really hurt by all this.  “Bah!  It really doesn’t matter how you did it.  I’m glad that you just did something.” she said with a cheery twinkle in her eye.  I’ll see you guys during lunch!” she said as the bell rang for next class. 

Suzy and I walked to art together.  I saw the elites walking our way and I prayed that they wouldn’t pick on us.  They didn’t.  They just waltzed past us and didn’t even look at us.  I felt another wave of relief.  Suzy sighed and muttered, “Thanks goodness…”  I felt really bad for Suzy.  Soon lunchtime rolled around the corner and I bolted to my locker to drop off some books.  There was another post-it note from Minzy.  “JungHee, I’m really sorry about this morning.  I didn’t think that you’d talk back at me like that.  I the paper of all combinations for the students’ lockers so inside there’s a bag.  It’s a present for you.  Sorry, again.  Love Minzy”  I put in my combination and looked for the bag.  It was a small bag.  I took it out and looked inside the bag.  It was a small notebook with polka dots on it and a crazy pen with a fluffy feather on it.  Also in the bag was another post-it note.  “Don’t worry, JungHee.  The elites don’t steal things from the lockers.  We aren’t that mean.  Kekeke~  Hope you like the present!”  Oh, Minzy.  She still has the cutesy side to her despite the change I saw this morning.

I walked to the lunch room with my head low.  I didn’t want the other students talking about me and stuff.  Suddenly I felt someone grab my hand.  It was Jibin.  “Noona, if you don’t watch where you’re going, you’re going to crash into to someone.” he said with a laugh.  We walked to the table where everyone was.  I noticed someone talking with Sooyoung and Sunye.  It was the girl that I bumped into this morning!  Jibin looked at me and noticed that I was staring at the new girl.  “Noona, that’s Yubin noona.  It appears that she came back early from her trip to America.  Oh, she’s same age at Sora noona but Yubin noona didn’t get held back like Sora noona.” he explained to me.  Yubin unnie saw me and smirked.  She was really pretty.  She got up from her seat and walked over to us.  She gave Jibin and big hug.  “Jibin-ah!  How are you?  I didn’t see you this morning so I couldn’t give you a hug.  Sorry.  Oh who’s this?  Wait, didn’t we meet before?  You’re the girl that crashed into me this morning!  Haha!  I’m Yubin, what’s your name?” she said.  She was really nice as Jibin said.  “Cho… JungHee…” I said almost inaudibly.  Yubin had her beautiful loud laugh out.  “JungHee, no need to be so formal.  I really don’t care about your family name, and besides, I would have found it out some way or another.  Well, JungHee, hope we’ll be good friends.” She said.  Wow….  She’s so nice!  I didn’t think she was going to be nice considering that I bumped into her hard this morning.  Jibin smiled, “See?  Yubin noona is really nice, so don’t be scared.  You should be scared when she’s mad.  But we’re friends so just be relieved she’s on your side.  What’s scariest is the Jung Sister noonas when they get upset.  They’re on our side too, but they’re scary either way.  Anyways, if you feel intimidated or scared to talk to the Jung Sisters like me, you could always go to Sora noona or Yubin noona.”  I looked at Yubin unnie laughing with Sunye and Sooyoung.  She was really pretty.  My feelings of this school keep changing.  I’m hating this school because Minzy isn’t with me and the elites are picking on Suzy.  But I’m liking this school because of the new friends.  “Yubin noona does stage crew with us but when the choir team turns into a pop group, Yubin noona is the female lead rapper and Nickhun hyung does male rap.  It’s really cool because Yubin noona has almost no accent when singing in English.  But she has an accent anyways.  HAHA!” Jibin said, interrupting my thoughts.  Maybe this will be the interesting year that everyone tells me that it would be.