Graduation; I'll Miss You

Hell's School

Hi guys, I'm not really going to write in JungHee's perspective anymore.  I'm doing this in third person now, so bear with me.  Thanks <3

*Soon graduation came.  JungHee had a wonderful year.  The night where the secret was revealed, still shocks her.  When she was with the group, they never spoke about the elites.  It was like a regular school thing.  JungHee still talked with Minzy and both girls came to know both sides of the story.  They talked on KakaoTalk the week before graduation for the seniors.*

“Are you serious?!?”

“Yeah, Hyorin unnie was crying so much that night.  I can’t believe it.”

“Sora unnie was so cold, too.  I feel really bad.”

“JungHee-ah.  Do you know the rules of the elite?”

“What…. What rules?”

“The elites have a separate set of rules.  One of the rules would affect Sora unnie.  All elite members must be same age in order to graduate together.  Hyorin unnie couldn’t pick Sora unnie because Sora unnie is Hyorin unnie’s hoobae.”

“Seriously?  Who made up a stupid rule like that?”

“My cousin Lee Minho.  Apparently he set up the 10 basic rules of the elite and that totally crushed Hyorin unnie.”

“So it was just all misunderstanding?  But what about Jessica unnie?  Why couldn’t she be in the elite?”

“Ermm…..  Jessica was dating a guy named Donghae at the moment.  Making Jessica-sshi   But they were in different schools.  Donghae-sshi, I heard, later stayed in Incheon and Jessica-sshi broke up with him later on.  Donghae-sshi never came to this school.  But the two broke up AFTER the decision of the elite group was made.  Timing was just bad.”

“Ahh….  I see now…  Wooyoung oppa seems to hate the elites a lot.”

“Wooyoung?  His name is familiar…  Ahh…  I think Wooyoung-sshi had a slight crush on Hyorin unnie back then and was pretty disappointed.  Kekeke.  Yeah, he was pretty mad at Hyorin unnie too.”

“Really?!?!?!”

“Yerppp…..  >______> anyways, what should we do?”

“WE?”

“Yes, Cho JungHee.  WE.”

I stared at the messages so far.  I haven’t responded in 5 minutes.  I breathed heavily.  I was frustrated with this situation.  What can I do?  I feel like it’s forbidden to talk about the elites anymore because of the scar that’s left in the hearts of the seniors and Sora unnie.  I heard a knock on my door and Kyuhyun oppa peeked through.  “Alright if I come in?” he asked.  I normally don’t let him because he just takes my phone and scrolls through messages of mine, especially now since I’m dating Taemin.  I nodded in gesture for him to come in.

“What’s wrong, dongsaeng-ah?” he said when he saw my distraught face.  I shook my head but he persisted.  He cupped my face in his hands and smirked at me.  “Aigoo~ my little dongsaeng so cute~  why are you such a cutie?  Taemin is sure lucky.” he gushed.  That hit me.  I get annoyed and start talking when Oppa does that gross talking.  I smacked his hand away yelling, “Yah, Oppa!  What are you doing!”  It was more like yelling rather than asking.  Kyuhyun oppa chuckled and sat on my computer chair and faced towards me.  He patiently waited for me.  I looked at my hands that were resting on my pillow.  I knew I couldn’t be silent forever so I cleared my throat and started talking.

“Oppa,” I started.  I paused because I didn’t want to say everyone’s names so I just said in a third person.  Oppa looked at me and I stared back.  “Oppa, what do you do if a person felt betrayed by their best friend but the best friend didn’t mean to?  It was under some circumstances had to leave the person.  And all these years, the person held a grudge whereas the best friend was feeling guilt all the time.  What would you do as a person who’s just watching, like a spectator?”

“Hmmm….” Kyuhyun Oppa mused.  “What would you do, JungHee?”

“Oppa.  I’m asking you.  I’m lost.  I don’t know how to solve a situation like that.”

“Well,” he said almost to himself.  He leaned forward and looked at me with a small smile.  “If I was the spectator, I would try to reason with both sides.  I would try to set them up to meet and resolve things out.  It’s the right thing.  If time is short, make it fast.  Make the decisions now so you don’t regret things in the future.”  Those words, full of wisdom, made me feel comforted.  I slowly started smiling.  Oppa smiled too and stood up.  “JungHee, wash up for dinner.  I hope you make your decision soon, too.”  He winked as he left.  Oppa….  Yes…  That’s it!  Thank you!

*I’m just going to write in 3rdperson….  I realize I’m switching too often and I don’t want you guys as the readers to get too confused =^_^=*

Soon graduation came along.  All the seniors were happy.  Or somewhat.

“UNNIE~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” wailed Suzy to Victoria.  “UNNIE!!!!!!!  WAAAAAAAAHHHHH YOU’RE LEAVING!  I’M HAPPY BUT OH GOSH SO SAD!  YOU’RE LEAVING US!”  Victoria smiled and Nickhun knocked Suzy’s head a little.  “Yah, Bae Suzy!” he chuckled.  “What about me, your Khunnie oppa?”  Suzy wiped her tears and laughed.  “Of course!” she yelled as she attack hugged the semi blonde oppa.

“Oppa, don’t chase other girls in college.” snapped Sunye to Wooyoung.  Wooyoung stared blankly at the hoobae.  “What she means is, DON’T TOUCH VICTORIA SONG’S PROPERTY, NICKHUN HORVJEKUL!” Sooyoung screamed as he jumped on Wooyoung’s back forcing him to piggy back her.  The two girls giggled as Wooyoung grumbled.  “Aish, arasso!  I won’t touch him.  But Sooyoung, you need to find someone else to attack soon.” he said as he joined the two into laughter.

“JungHee-ah,” Jessica’ voice was heard behind JungHee.  JungHee turned to see the beautiful Jung sister and she bowed to the sunbae.  “JungHee, continue with the choir.  Singing with you was truly a beautiful experience.  You really have talent, young lady.  Oh, sweetie, I’ll miss you so much!” she said and she hugged and kissed the top of JungHee’s head.  She then turned to Taemin, “Taemin-ah!  Be a good boyfriend!  I still have Krystal watching you very closely.  Hurt JungHee, and I’ll hurt you too!”  Taemin smirked and replied coolly, “Don’t worry, noona.  I’m always going to be with my cutie JungHee.”  “Jessica, you don’t have to push Krystal too hard or rush yourself out of college.  I’m still here to bug this little maknae!” Yubin suddenly appeared.  Krystal, Yubin, JungHee, Jessica, and Taemin all laughed.

JungHee slowly made her way out of the crowd.  She congratulated all the seniors in her group.  She still had one more thing dealing with seniors left.  She left a message on Sora’s phone to meet her outside of the school after the ceremony.  She spotted Sora leaning against the school’s wall with silent tears falling.  The tears sparkled on Sora’s soft cheeks. 

“Unnie?” JungHee said quietly. 

“Ah!  JungHee!  There you are.” Sora said while wiping tears. 

“Are you crying?” JungHee asked. 

“Pabo…  yeah… I am…”

“What’s wrong?”

“i-i-i….  I don’t know.  Seeing the seniors it made me cry a little.” Sora said looking away.

“Does it have to do with…  The elites leaving as well?” JungHee asked catiously.  She didn’t want to hurt Sora by making her remember.  Surprisingly, Sora nodded and cried harder.

“Hyorin sunbae…  She’s leaving.  And I didn’t….  I didn’t…. “ Sora’s voice cracked as she choked on more tears.

JungHee came and hugged the unnie.  “Unnie.  You still have time.  You can go up to Hyorin sunbae and talk to her, you know.  Speaking which, she’s here now.”  This was true.  The elites were making their way towards the area that JungHee was with Sora.  Before Sora could turn around, Hyorin ran and grabbed the younger girl which caught Sora in a shock.

“Sora….  Sora!  Miahn-hae!” Hyorin yelled and she cried while holding Sora.  Sora stood still like a statue, totally in shock.  Her wide round eyes, rounder than ever, were the size of saucers and she looked like a deer caught in headlights.  “Please, forgive me!  If I can turn my life around, I would have definitely choose you over anyone!  Over Jessica, over Chaerin, over EunJung, over EVERYONE!” Hyorin bawled.  Minzy never seen her cousin in this sort of distressed state.  JungHee was staring at Minzy.

“U-u-un…. Unnie…” Sora said as her voice cracked.  “Hyorin unnie….” she said as she pushed the sunbae away slightly.  Sora looked in shock to see Hyorin’s face.  Tear stained, eyes puffy, cheeks pink, nose red.  All from crying.  Sora, without thinking, launched at the sunbae and wrapped her arms around the sunbae’s waist.

Hyorin did not hold back and she clutched the young girl tightly.  “Unnie!” Sora cried and Hyorin petted Sora’s semi curly hair.  “S-s-sora…  Miahnhae…  Really, I am.” Hyorin stammered as she kissed Sora’s head.  EunJung and CL started sobbing and they too, ran towards Sora and embraced the young girl.  “we’re sorry too, Sora.” CL said through her tears.  EunJung cried loudly.  Minzy smiled and gave JungHee a small tap on the shoulder.

“We should go, JungHee-ah.  These people have a lot to talk about.  Let’s get the other seniors, too.” Minzy said.  JungHee nodded and followed her best friend.  When they brought the other seniors, Jessica broke into tears, Victoria clutching onto CL, Nickhun grinning, Wooyoung blushing at Hyorin, Hyorin smiling through tears while still holding the trembling Sora, EunJung still crying, and CL embracing Victoria.  The sight was nostalgic.  Long time separated friends, friends again.

“G-guys…” Hyorin spoke after ling minutes of endless crying.  “I’m sorry.  I should have talked to you about the situation.  I just didn’t know what to do.  I was so young and naïve.  I’m so sorry.  Especially to Jessica and Sora.  You guys were looking forward to being elites, yet I chose EunJung and CL.  I want to rip away the tradition that was founded by my ancient distant cousin that made me feel apart from you, rip away the rules that my cousin Minho set up that distressed me for years.  Can you forgive me?”  Jessica and Sora in unison said, “Yes.  We forgive you!”  The rest of the seniors grinned and they fell into a huge group hug.  The sight was most touching.