What Happens Next?

Hell's School

*So summer vacation rolled along.  It would seem that the teens all went their different ways, but that really isn’t the case.  Rather, they all kept in contact with each other.  Yes, the elites kept close contact with the choir and stage crew team.  Mix in the friendship?  Yes, but socializing never hurts.

JungHee always stayed with Sora, Suzy, and Minzy.  It was always them.  Suzy and Minzy got along from the beginning, and Sora grew to love Minzy.  The four girls always chattered during break, went shopping, dinner dates, watched movies, and all that girl stuff.  Other times, it was JungHee with Taemin on dates, when Kyuhyun Oppa allowed her stay out for the night.

Don’t worry.  The girls didn’t just hang amongst themselves.  The seniors tried spending as much time as possible before they all departed Korea.  Well, majority of them.  They did overseas studies.  The elites all when to France, Jessica went to Japan, Wooyoung went to America, and Khuntoria stayed in Korea.*

**JungHee’s POV**

“I find it amazing that Wooyoungie was able to leave Khunnie …  Kekeke, what do you think, JungHee?”

“Hahaha!  I know.  Oppa was so attached.  I find it pretty fascinating…  if he was here now, I would congratulate him ^^”

“JungHee-ah, when do you wanna hang out?  We miss you TT_TT”

“Awwww, Victoria unnie.  Idunno when I have time…. >_____>”

“Kekeke, so cute.  Arrasso.  Then whenever you’re hanging with Taeminnie, call me or Khunnie so we can double date ;)”

“Arrasso, unnie.  Then what would we do?”

“Hmmm…  wanna go shopping with unnie?  We’ll go on an insane shopping spree and make the boys follow us, then treat them to dinner.  How’s that?”

“Kekeke, arrass, unnie.  Sound’s good.  Let’s try this weekend~”

“Eung…  Annyoung!  Talk to you later <3”

I stared down at the conversation I had with Victoria unnie.  I was glad that she decided to stay in Korea for college.  “My Korean is still limited so I want to learn more.  And I’m making Khunnie stay with me.  Harharhar!!!” is what she said to me on graduation.  Wooyoung oppa left this morning, the elites left last week, and Jessica unnie leaves tomorrow.  So what happened exactly throughout my vacation so far?  Well let’s see….

I wanted to spend time with the elites before they left.  They leave the earliest so I made sure to hang with them more often at that time.  Of course I didn’t as much as I wanted to.  I was working part time with Kyuhyun Oppa at the café.  Sora unnie was the one who hung out with the elites most.  I guess that was better since Sora unnie had a lot to catch up with the elites, Especially Hyorin unnie.  The elites loves us all the same.  Their cold personality was all show.  They’re so heartwarming and loving and caring.  The evening of graduation, the elites took us on a whole evening of fun.  It’s a night I want to remember and treasure it forever.  We went to a 5 star restaurant and ate so much.  After, we went no-rae-bang [Karaoke] and sang out hearts out.  It was amazing.  Actually, no words can express that so I’m just going to say it was “adskerflag”. 

I had an entirely new closet after shopping so much with the unnies.  I felt bad because they all bought it for me, and I don’t have that type of money to repay them.  “JungHee-ah.  This is presents from us.  Don’t feel bad.  We don’t expect you to pay us back” is what Chaerin unnie said when she bought me 5 sweaters and 3 skinny jeans with a whole box of accessories, totally CL styled.  “That’s right.  Just treat us when we visit that cute café that you work at.  Make us some yummy patbingsoo and waffles with icecream!” EunJung unnie said as she buys me 4 pairs of heels, boots, flats, and stylish sandals along with some beanies, knitted hats, fedoras, and sun hats.  Hyorin unnie would do natural makeup for me when we went out, she also taught me how to apply makeup.  “You and Minzy have cute baby faces.  Don’t ruin it with so much heavy, dark, makeup like those pabos CL and EunJung.  Cherish your cute baby face.  Put light and natural looking makeup.” she told me and gave me a whole tray of makeup I could never imagine buying.  Minzy would buy me cute things like stationary, plushies, hair clips, pens, or sunglasses.  What about me?  I treated them to hot or cold coffees, waffles with fruit and icecream, patbingsoo, cakes, and other things that my job could do. 

Let’s not forget my boyfriend Taemin.  Since I would work part time, he would come stop by and talk to me when I was not busy, or study at a table that was close to the register.  “Just seeing your beautiful face makes my day, JungHee,” or “Hey, love.  I’ll wait for your shift to end,” or “Just studying here makes me feel at ease.  Let me stay here, close to you,” are the things he’d say with this adorable aegyo baby face that I just can’t resist.  It wouldn’t matter if I said no, he stays anyways.  When I wasn’t working, we would go bike riding all the time around the park, chasing each other till we couldn’t breathe or feel our legs from pedaling. 

When I was Jibin, we would go to bazaars or festivals and he would drag me everywhere.  It’s not a bad thing, it made me feel like a noona.  I wanted to be the best!  When I was with Seungri, he would always tease me, pull jokes on me, or we’d just have a coffee break.  With Sungmin, I would help him with his writings and he’s teach me English.  My English was getting better and better thanks to him.  I would hang out with Sunye, Sooyoung, and Yubin unnie.  The four of us would go shopping but on a scale smaller.  “You don’t always have to buy something.  Just being with your friends it enough.” Yubin unnie said while window shopping.  I couldn’t hang much with the seniors since they were all preparing for college but I hung out with the Jung Sisters.  We would watch movies till our heads spun and ached.  We would slide down the banister of the Jung home till the housekeeper would yell at us.  Certainly it was a fun summer.

Going to present now, I decided to plan for the double date.  I wanted it to be fun.  Victoria unnie’s plan seemed mischievous and fun so I wanted to go with it.  I just hope that Taeminnie won’t find it a hassle or completely annoying to hold the stuff.  When that weekend came, Taemin and I met up with Khuntoria at my workplace.  We laughed and talked about nonsense.  It felt good being with my boyfriend, unnie, and oppa.  Sure enough, between Victoria unnie and me, we were enthusiastic about this shopping plan.  Khunnie oppa and Taemin… not so much.  We definitely did make then hold our stuff as we spent hours at the mall.  It was funny and cute seeing their reaction when we went to another store after the next.  We would take forever and end up buying one thing.  Taemin looked so cute with a frustrated face.  He’d puff his cheeks and have a small pout, which I could not resist.  I just wanted to go up to him and kiss and apologize for making him carry everything. 

“Don’t fall for it, JungHee-ah!  Just be a little more patient.  I’m holding back from attacking Khunnie, too.  D’awww look at his tired face.  I just was to kiss him and tell him to hold up a bit.  Ah, just wait a little.” Victoria unnie said.  I giggled and nodded my head.  After 5 hours of shopping, I was feeling tired too and so was unnie.  It was around dinner time anyways so we went to a small restaurant and ate dinner.  It was really good, I tell you.  I got an omerice and with the ketchup I wrote very carefully, “Cho JungHee Loves Lee Taemin” and smiled at my work.  I couldn’t help it.  As a kid I always drew pictures on my omerice with ketchup or the special sauce my mom makes. 

“Ahh!  So full!” Victoria unnie said.  Nickhun oppa smirked and rubbed her stomach.  “Yah!  What are you doing?!?”  Khunnie oppa smiled and cooed, “Chagiya~  you’re so cute!” and pinched her cheek.  Taemin joked by fake gagging.  “Yah, Taemin!” I said slapping his thigh lightly.  “That’s not nice.  I think it’s cute that Khunnie oppa is doing that to Victoria unnie.”  Taemin looked at me and smirked the smirk that Khunnie oppa did.  “So you want me to do that, like what hyung is doing?”  I blushed furiously and smacked his leg again.  “Yah.  Stop it, Lee Taem—“ I never finished because Taemin pulled me to a kiss.  “Now that is something to gag about,” Khunnie oppa said with a sudden “Ouch!” because Victoria unnie pinched his shoulder.  So yeah.  That’s how my day went.  Funny, tiring, sweet, and most of all, entertaining.

Some evening later in my vacation, I received a message on KakaoTalk from Minzy.  It was urgent.

“JUNGHEE-AH!”

“Wae, Minzy?  What’s up?”

“School is starting in a week….”

“Ahhh Kekeke I already have clothes though.  And I feel bad that your parents are paying my tuition again this year.”

“It’s not that…  I still never selected my elites…  I know and understand that you don’t want to but you’re the only person I can think of.”

“Bwoh!?!??!!?!?! Andwae…  I mean like wae?!?”

“Miahn, JungHee-ah.  I just…  sigh.  JungHee, I’m going to do what Hyorin unnie could not.”

“What is it?”

“Wait till the first day of school then…”

“Yah!  Gong Minzy!  I can’t wait that long!”  When I got no reply, I messaged again.  “Minzy?????  Are you there?” No answer for another 15 minutes.  “Minzy!  Please tell me!”

“Wait another week, JungHee.  I promise, you will appreciate what I will do.”

I stared blankly at what she sent me.  What could this possibly mean?  Something that Hyorin unnie couldn’t do?  What did Hyorin unnie didn’t do?  What’s up?!?  I had to wait an entire loooonnggggg week before I could learn what is going to happen.

**END OF POV**

“JungHee, have a good day at school.” Kyuhyun said as his sister ran through the door.  Kyuhyun got a quick glance of Lee Taemin waiting for his sister outside.  Kyuhyun watched his sister leave and got a quick bow from Taemin.  Kyuhyun waved at the couple and went back inside.

“Good morning, JungHee.” Taemin said to his girlfriend.  JungHee smiled and gave a small kiss at Taemin’s cheek.  JungHee was happy to return to Hell’s School because it’s not Hell anymore.  She couldn’t ask for more; it seemed more of heaven to her.  She was happy but nervous.  She was anxious all week for Minzy’s surprise.

“Minzy-ah!  Sora unine!  Suzy!” JungHee called when the couple reached the school’s courtyard.  The other girls smiled and waved at the young couple and gestured them over.  “What the whole secret?” JungHee asked as soon as she was next to Minzy.

“Yah, wait a little.  You’re so impatient,” giggled Minzy.  The school started to flood with new and former students.  Minzy, Sora, Suzy, JungHee, and Taemin started to hear mutters and whispers.

“Oh look.  That’s Minzy, the new heir for the next 3 years.”

“She’s so cute looking.  Cute baby face.”

“Hey, look.  It’s Cho JungHee.  Remember she stood up against Minzy last year?  Aren’t they supposedly best friends?”

“Who’s in her elite?  Some guy is with her too.  Is that Minzy’s boyfriend or fiancé or something?”

All these whispers and talking made Minzy and JungHee uneasy.  Suzy suddenly sprang up yelling, “Yah!  Whoever said that the boy is Minzy’s fiancé, take that back!  He’s Cho JungHee’s property!  Get your facts straight before starting stupid rumors!”  Everyone went silent when Suzy yelled.

“Yah, Bae Suzy.  Shut up.  You’re too loud for first thing in the morning  on the first day of school.” a familiar voice called and made his way up to the rest of the teens.  It was Seungri and with him was Jibin, Sungmin, Sooyoung, Sunye, Krystal, and Leeteuk.  The teens are smiled at JungHee.  JungHee felt relieved when she saw her other friends.

“Good morning, y’all!” Yubin said attacking JungHee.  JungHee blushed as she felt the other students staring at this seo-min flocking with several of the richest teens in the school.  The crew, without the seniors, was all back and together.

Minzy walked towards the entrance of the school and pulled a paper out.  “Tch.  What the hell is she doing?” Seungri stubbornly said and receive a kick in the shin by Suzy.  Minzy cleared her voice and started to speak.

“Everyone.  I am the new heir, now that Hyorin sunbaenim is gone.  I have not chosen my elite, so I shall decide now.  It should have been made before I entered this school but I’m bending the rules.”  By bending the rules, she ripped the paper that she had in half and dropped it.  Sora picked up one half and JungHee held the other.  It was written, when placed together, “The Rules of The Elite” and made the two girls gasp.  The two girls read silently and Minzy continued.  “Lee Minho sunbaenim set up rules for the elites.  I’m bending them.  This school has held a tradition in my family for a long time.  Let’s break it.  You can continue to uphold it, but I’m not forcing you to.  I’m stepping down and tearing this elite rule away.  I’m choosing someone who does not reach wealth like me, Cho JungHee.  I’m choosing a follower, Bae Suzy.  I’m choosing someone who’s an unnie to me, Kang Sora unnie.  Those are my main elites.”  Minzy received gasps and several comments but nothing held her down.  She glanced at the three girls whom she had just named and beamed at them.  “Are you willing to take that position?” she asked silently.