My Date with Lee Taemin

Hell's School

I woke up early that morning.  I just couldn’t sleep for some strange reason.  I guess it was because I was going to hang out with Taemin.  I mean I don’t think it’s anything special.  It’s just hanging out with a friend.  Or it could have been the thing Minzy said.  What she said still bothered me and I didn’t see her yesterday so I couldn’t talk to her about it anyways.  So I was sort of hoping that I would see her today so I can talk to her about it.  I wanted to tell her that I wasn’t interested in being an elite.  But I stopped.  She wants me.  She still sees me as her best friend, so I should be honored that she’s choosing me to be in her elite, right?  I still felt weird thinking about people trying to copy me or whatever.  I thought about girls like Suzy imitating me and trying to get my attention.  It kind of sickened me.  I wanted to tell her that I didn’t want to be an elite. 

When I got to school  I saw Suzy wearing no makeup, no special accessory, no unique outfit.  She was just Bae Suzy.  I looked at her in shock and I asked her, “Suzy, aren’t you copying the elites today?”  Suzy innocently looked at me.  “I am.” she replied.  Confused as I was I nodded my head.  “See, I’m using this BB cream that Hyorin sunbaenim wears all the time.  I’m trying to go for a near natural face like Minzy’s the other day.  I’m clashing today.  I found out that CL sunbaenim wears false lashes so I wore the ones she gets from.  And EunJung sunbaenim has her nails painted light pink the other day.  So I did that too.  Do you think they’ll see me with little noticeable stuff on?” she went on.  I shrugged my shoulders.  “Idunno.  But you can’t really tell.  Hyorin sunbae has eyes of an eagle.”  Suzy nodded and just then the limo rolled into the driveway.  You know the routine.  Today they looked at Suzy straight on but didn’t say a thing.  Suzy looked like she was going to faint.  “They did notice me!” she said.  I was surprised that she could even tell.  “How do you know?” I asked her.  “Minzy gave a slight wink and EunJung sunbaenim smirked a little.  Hyorin sunbaenim and CL sunbaenim looked directly at me, too!” she squealed.  “Let’s go to class.” I said while shaking my head.

The day went like usual.  Some old, same old.  But I was looking forward to after school.  During lunch Taemin sat next to me and we chatted about nonsense.  I really enjoyed laughing and talking with Taemin.  “Noona so chatty today.” Jibin said interrupting.  “Yah, don’t you have some sort of stage crew meeting, little rascal?” Taemin joked.  I smiled.  It looked like a brotherly love.  “I just wanted to say hi to noona.  She’s happy and smiley so it makes me relieved.” Jibin replied.  “Aish, Jibin-ah.  I’m your noona.  I’m fine so I don’t need you fussing over me.” I giggled.  Jibin nodded, smiled, and said, “Well, I got to go.  Sora noona and Wooyoung hyung are going to be mad at me for being late to stage crew meeting.  Bye!”  I laughed.  Jibin was so cute.  I always wanted a dongsaeng but I have an oppa. 

I was sad that lunch was over but I looked forward to hanging with Taemin.  “I’ll see you in a bit, JungHee.” Taemin said as he left the cafeteria.  “Okay!  Bye!” I called after him.  I smiled and I felt my heart pound.  I was excited to hang out.  “You have a date with Taemin today?” I heard a voice say.  I turned around and saw Seungri with an amused smirk and a raised eyebrow.  “Yupp.  There’s no choir today so he and I are going to just chill around town.” I explained.  Seungri smiled.  “Sounds fun.  Well, see you around, JungHee.” and with that he left.  When he passed by me, I remembered the kiss on my forehead and I immediately blushed.  I bet you I was still red even after he left.  “JungHee.  Are you okay?  You look flustered.” Krystal asked me.  I turned around and saw the Jung Sisters behind me.  “Did Seungri do something to you?  I’ll kill him if he did something.  Such a rascal, that Lee Seunghyun.” she growled with a cunning smile.  I laughed.  “It’s nothing, Krystal.  Don’t sweat it.” I replied.  “C’mon, Krystal.  You should be going to gym.  I hear you take forever to change.  You’re going to get a bad grade again if you keep going late.” Jessica unnie said to her little sister.  Krystal looked at her unnie and scowled.  “I hate gym.” she moaned.  “Bye, JungHee.  Sorry we have no choir today.  See you around!” and the Jung Sisters left.  I left as well.  I went to my literature class, a class that I have with Sungmin.  Sungmin was already there reading a novel.  I peered over his shoulder and saw that it was in English.  “You read English too?” I asked.  Sungmin turned around and gave me a small smile.  “Just a little.  This novel is sort of complicated but it’s challenging my English which I think is good for me.” he said as he gestured me to sit next to him.  I sat down and look at the novel.  I gave up trying to read one sentence.  “This is really complicated…  Do you even understand?” I asked.  Sungmin smiled and said, “Ehh…  Maybe about 75%?  I’m not too sure about the entire storyline but it’s a sweet romance novel.”  I nodded my head as if I was interested and understood.  “Why are you reading it in English if it’s too hard for you?” I asked out of curiosity.  I don’t understand why these people are speaking English if we are in Korea.  I spoke the basics but not too much.  I don’t see why these people are so into studying it.  “I want to be a singer.  I should speak multiple languages if I go across seas, you know?” Sungmin explained.  “Majority of the people in our choir speak English pretty well.  We all want to be professional singers, whether it’s blues, R&B, pop, or whatever.  Even people in the stage crew speak English because they have dreams of acting and such.  JungHee, you should learn English with us!”  I shook my head.  “I just want a good education and I’m out.  I don’t have dreams like those.  Besides, I don’t have big money for those kinda big overseas adventures.   The only body of water I ever crossed was a lake with my dad.”  Sungmin laughed.  “I see.  I see.  But you shouldn’t just stay with that.  Have high dreams.  You never know what will come at you.  Things nowadays will surprise you whether you wish it or not.”

After school, I ran to my locker.  I wanted to hurry and get my stuff so I don’t make Taemin wait too much.  But, he was leaning and waiting at my locker.  He saw me running and stood up at full height.  He smiled and I grinned back.  “Hey, JungHee.  How was your classes?” he said with a smirk.  I groaned, “Boring…  Haha.  And what about you?”  “Same.  Haha!  So, let’s go, JungHee!” he said as he grabbed my arm.  He dragged me and thankfully I had time to shut my locker.  I giggled as we ran through the hallways.  I didn’t care if people were giving us weird looks.  I was laughing and feeling happy.  Taemin was laughing as well.  His laughter and happiness made me feel happy.  Suddenly, we came to an abrupt stop.  “Shh…  JungHee, stop laughing!” Taemin said while still giggling.  “Then you stop giggling, pabo!” I hissed while laughing.  I turned to see why we stopped.  The elites were walking down the hall.  They stopped to see us as we stopped in time before we can crash into them.  “Omo, isn’t that Cho JungHee?” I heard EunJung say.  CL popped a bubble from her gum and chuckled.  “Looks like she got a boyfriend!” CL said with an air.  Minzy glanced at me and smirked.  “You never told me you had a boyfriend, JungHee.  That’s not really best friend like, you know.” she called.  I felt like I was blushing to the point my face will explode.  Hyorin then said in a clear voice, “Let’s go.  It seems as though this couple has an important date to attend to.”  Then the elites returned to strolling down the hall and exited the building.  “What the hell?” Taemin said.  “You’re still friends with Minzy?”  I nodded my head and looked away.  “The elites aren’t that bad you know.  I mean—“ I started but Taemin cut me off.  “Why would they?  I mean like they’re the elites.  Why would they bother?  And they’re so thick headed and only think of themselves and think we’re like nothing.” he snapped.  I was taken aback of his sudden comments.  “Sorry, JungHee.  It’s just that Sora noona seems hurt everytime she sees them or the elites do anything.  I just get upset when they come into us.  What they said now gives me more reason to dislike them.  Here, let’s go and forget this all happened, okay?  Since Minzy is your friend, I’ll forgive them this time, but this time only.”  I was suddenly afraid of Taemin but I could totally understand what he meant.  “It’s okay.  I was like that too.  I mean, c’mon I talked back at Minzy for teasing Suzy.  I understand what you mean.” I stammered.  Taemin looked back at me and gave me an apologetic smile.  We continued on.

We soon got to a large park and Taemin lead to a little shack.  It was a bicycle shack.  He smiled at me and pushed over a bike towards me.  “Let’s bike, JungHee!  Can you ride a bicycle?”  I nodded my head in excitement.  I got on the bike he handed to me and got on.  I put my school bag in the basket and started wheeling away.  “JungHee!  Wait up!” Taemin called after me, laughing.  “Catch me if you can, Taemin!” I .  I was huffing and puffing while pedaling and I looked behind me to see where Taemin was.  But Taemin was pedaling so casually next to me.  My jaws dropped to see that he caught up to me so fast.  “What?” Taemin asked me innocently.  Then while still pedaling he poke my shoulder and laughed, “I got you, JungHee!” and sped ahead screaming, “Now catch me!”  I felt a competitive streak kicking in and I pedaled along.  Taemin suddenly stopped and got off the bike.  I didn’t care I wanted to catch him and get at him.  Then, I slowed down and he grabbed my bike.  I poked his forehead and giggled, “I got you.”  Taemin looked up at my face and smiled.  “Not entirely.  I caught your bike first off.  So I caught you twice.  Even though I caught you twice, I’ll do this once for now.”  He leaned forward and kissed my forehead, the same place that Seungri kissed me.  I was in total shock, like when Seungri kissed me.  Taemin looked back at me and blushed.  Wait a minute!  Did he say “for now”?!?!?!?  What does that supposed to mean?!?  Taemin got on his bike again and said, “JungHee, you alright?  Let’s go grab something to eat, okay?”  I nodded and spazzed onto my bike and pedaled slowly behind him.  I was totally confused on what just happened.

We went to a park bench and ate the food we bought from a street vendor.  I was still in the midst of thoughts when Taemin brought up the kiss.  “I’m sorry for doing that all of a sudden.  Probably didn’t see that coming, right?”  I looked at him and stuttered, “N-n-no!  I mean, no, I’m alright.  It’s okay.  I uh…  No, it’s okay.  Uhmmm…”  Crap!  What to say?!?  What to say?!?  “JungHee,” Taemin started.  I looked at him and he continued, “I really like you.  I guess you can call me weird because I don’t know you that well like Seungri, Sungmin, Jibin, Sora noona, or Suzy…  But I really think you’re cute and pretty.  I just couldn’t stop myself.  I had to, or I don’t know another chance I’ll have.  I wanted to spend the day with you to get closer to you but, I don’t know.  I just…  I’m sorry JungHee.”  Taemin got up and started towards the bike.  Without thinking, I stood up and ran at him, giving him a back hug.  “I understand.  It’s okay, really.  I like you, too, Taemin.” I said, without thinking twice about what I was doing.  Actually I didn’t even think about doing anything like that.  WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING, CHO JUNGHEE?!?!?  ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!  Taemin pulled away and looked at me.  He smirked and said, “Really?  So would it bother you if I kissed you again?”  I shook my head, with a serious face.  Before he drew near my forehead again, I leaned and kissed him back.  “I got you, Lee Taemin!” I said jokingly.  Taemin, surprised at my approach, chuckled and said, “So, Cho JungHee finally caught me.  Let’s have round two of this chase then!”  I laughed and ran to my bike and started pedaling like a madman.  “I won’t let you catch me this time, Taemin-ah!” I laughed.  We spent the rest of the afternoon cycling, and chasing each other around the park.  I felt happy.

When the sun was almost completely gone, Taemin walked me home.  We walked arms linked together and both of us with smiles on our faces.  When we got to the front of my house, we faced each other.  “Bye, Taemin.  Thank you for the amazing afternoon.” I said.  I felt my face blushing but thankfully my porch lights weren’t on yet so I doubt Taemin could see my red face.  “I’m glad you could come out.  I’ll see you tomorrow, JungHee.” he said.  He, then again, leaned towards me and I towards him.  Just when our lips were about to touch, the lights went on and I heard a voice.  “Cho JungHee!  Step away from that boy!  Taemin, what the hell?  Is that you?  What are you doing to my sister?”  Crap.  Great.  Just a terrific timing, Kyuhyun oppa.  Damn, how am I going to explain this to him?!?  Now the lights were on, my bright red face was on display.  I noticed that Taemin had been blushing but upon my brother’s appearance, he was white as a ghost.  “Haha…  Uhmm…  I spent the day with JungHee, and I just walked her home, Kyuhyun hyungnim.  Uhmm….” Taemin said, while still searching for words to say.  “I don’t care.  You were just about to kiss my little sister!” Kyuhyun oppa said.  I couldn’t tell if he was raging or anything.  Oppa usually has a neutral, cool face when something happens so his facial expression is totally unfathomable.  “You never asked my permission, Lee Taemin-ssi!” my brother said while laughing.  HUH!?!??  I can tell that Taemin was just as confused as I was.  “Oppa??  You’re not mad or anything?” I asked nervously.  “Not particularly.  Just mad at the fact that you’re past your curfew.  You were supposed to be home at 5:30.  It’s almost 6.  Taemin’s mom must be worried as well, so you should go home, Taemin.”  Taemin nodded his head awkwardly and turned to leave.  “Bye, JungHee.  Goodbye, Kyuhyun hyungnim.” he said.  “JungHee, go inside now.  I won’t tell ummuh-nee and abuh-gee that you have a boyfriend.” Oppa said.  “Thanks.  I really don’t want umma and appa to know.” I said and I felt my face blush calling Taemin my “boyfriend”.  But other than that, I suppose I had a fabulous day, despite the awkward ending.  I guess what Sungmin said is true; you never know what will come at you.  Things nowadays will surprise you whether you wish it or not.