Good Girl Bad Girl Aftermath; The Apology

Hell's School

So I’ve been getting lots of presents from Minzy lately.  First was the feather pen and polka dotted notebook.  Then came a bracelet with multiple charms.  Then a scarf with a note saying that I should keep warm when winter rolls in.  Now I got a butterfly hair pin.  I felt that Minzy was close to me even though she isn’t really with me.  I wore the pin with happiness that day.  I walked to homeroom with Sungmin asking if my little scene with Minzy was still a hot topic.  “Well, students are still talking about it.  But it’s not that big anymore.  Today’s hottest thing would be Minzy’s attitude towards Suzy today.  But Suzy doesn’t really mind those things.  It happened often now so everyone’s kind of used to it.” Sungmin reassured me.  I didn’t feel so reassured though.  But I thanked him anyway.  Sungmin smiled at me.  “Don’t worry too much about the elites.  Just stay clear of them, that’s what Sora noona always tells us.  Suzy is the only exception because she’s been too into the elites since junior high school.  Well, I’ll see you in lunch, JungHee.”  I waved back at him and sat in my seat.  Suzy was no longer wearing the hairband and was staring out the window.  “Are you alright, Suzy?” I asked.  “Oh, JungHee.  Stop worrying.  I told you and Vicky unnie and Khunnie oppa that I’m perfectly fine.  Don’t worry.” Suzy said with her usal bright smile.  “Oh, JungHee.  Stop by the chorus room today.  We’re working on a new song and we kind of want you to learn with us whether you join us or not.”  I nodded and went back to my seat.

Suddenly, Sora ran in raging mad.  “I HATE THOSE ELITES!  SUZY!  ARE YOU OKAY?!?  WHAT MINZY DID TODAY IS UNACCEPTABLE!  I DON’T CARE WHETHER MINZY IS JUNGHEE’S FRIEND!  I’M GOING TO GIVE HER A PIECE OF MY MIND!” Sora hollered.  I was scared because I never seen her mad.  It made me think what Yubin unnie and the Jung Sisters are like when they’re mad.  When Sora raged in the class, Leeteuk, Yubin, and Jibin came in.  Leeteuk grabbed his girlfriend and tried calming her down.  Yubin said, “Sora, yo.  Calm down.  Suzy’s in one piece so calm your raging .” And Jibin was flustered and was patting Sora’s back.  “Noona, you’re scaring JungHee noona.  Please stop.  You’re being scarier than Jessica and Krystal noona combined and Yubin noona.”  Jibin piped.   Suzy stood up and said clearly, “Yubin unnie, Teukie oppa, Jibin-ah!  This isn’t your class, LEAVE!”  I never heard Suzy yell, not even at Seungri.  The four and I looked at Suzy.  She looked at Sora unnie and said, “Unnie, don’t worry so much.  It’s nothing different, really, from other days anyways.” and sat back down.  Sora looked in shock and sat in her seat.  Leeteuk oppa, Yubin unnie, and Jibin left the room in silence.  The rest of homeroom was dead silent between the three of us.  Sora was first to leave when the bell rang.  Suzy and I walked together to our next class.  I was glad that the elites weren’t walking our way today.  I didn’t want to deal with them since Suzy seemed more upset than usual.

“FINALLY!” Suzy bursted.  I was startled by Suzy suddenly yelling.  “Ermmm, Suzy?” I cautiously asked.  “Sigh.  I’m sorry.  I just hate it when people think I’m being hurt by this.  It’s true that Minzy sorta hurt me.  I mean, she was so bubbly and nice!  She was suddenly so harsh that it hurt a little.  Minzy seemed to be real when I met her with you.  A sudden change like that, obviously I would be scared.  Damn it, Khunnie oppa, telling Sora unnie that!  Or was it Victoria unnie?!?  RGHH!!  WHY DOES EVERYONE WORRY ABOUT ME?!?”  I stared at Suzy.  She was tearing a little.  We sat in our seats in our next class and Suzy still continued crying silently.  I couldn’t concentrate with the lesson because Suzy was upset.  She took her notes in silence and so did I.  What else am I supposed to do?  Comfort her!  The teacher isn’t looking so comfort her a little!  You’re a horrible friend, JungHee!  “Ahem…  uhh….  Suzy.  Please stop crying.  It’s making me disturbed and upset that you’re distressed.  Don’t feel so bad.  If you keep this attitude for the whole day, Sora unnie definitely won’t leave you alone about this elite thing.”  Suzy looked up and her face was a little puffy.  “Okay…” she mumbled.  “Hey, class is over.  Let’s go to lunch.” I said.  I packed my stuff and her stuff for her.  We walked to the cafeteria and got to our table.  It was a lot quieter compared to other days.  Suzy shot a glare at everyone before sitting down, saying that she does not want to talk about the situation.  “SO!” Sungmin called out of the blue.  I jumped a little and spilling some lemonade onto the table.  “JungHee-ah.  Your situation with the elites are no longer a problem.  Suzy.  Do you want me to settle things for you as well?” Sungmin asked.  Suzy just glared at him and looked away.  Sungmin looks startled at such a cold stare.  “Uhmm…  Okay then.  I’ll tell the editor to not have anything with today’s incident.”  The others looked concerned as well.

After lunch I walked down the halls because I had a study hall and I wasn’t too interested in going.  I noticed that near my locker was Minzy.  She was standing against the lockers near mine.  She saw me walking and straightened her posture and smiled brightly at me.  She wasn’t wearing heavy makeup.  She had her beautiful baby face again with her beautiful sweet smile.  “Minzy…” I breathed.  “JUNGHEE!” Minzy cried.  She ran at me full speed and hugged me.  A hug that I wanted since the first day of school.  I missed Minzy so much.  Why is she here?  She looked at me.  “JungHee, I hope I didn’t hurt Suzy’s feelings.  It’s just…  just… just the way we are.  I’m sorry.  I never meant to snap back at Suzy.  I-i-I feel like a terrible person!  Oh, JungHee!  I waited hoping you’d come so I can talk to Suzy and apologize.  Do you know what class she has?”  “Uh… she might be in a study hall.  Sure, we can go find her.” I said.  I felt happy walking with Minzy again.  Felt like old times.  We walked to Suzy’s class and she looked up when she saw me through the glass.  Her eyes widened as she saw Minzy with me.  Suzy asked to be excused and came out to meet us.  “JungHee!” she gasped.  “Oh, Minzy!”  She looked at us in shock and Minzy spoke.  “Bae Suzy.  I’m really sorry.  I hope you aren’t hurt by anything I said.  I really didn’t mean it.  I didn’t think I would ever say that to ANYONE especially if they’re JungHee’s friend.  And JungHee, I’m sorry as well.  Ever since I’ve joined the elite, it seems as though I’m getting further and further away from you.  I really want to be close.  Thankfully the elite unnies are helping me still be close to you.  All those presents weren’t from me.  They were from EunJung unnie and ChaeRin unnie.”  Suzy gasped again.  “JUNGHEE, THOSE PRESENTS WERE FROM EUNJUNG SUNBAENIM AND CL SUNBAENIM!”  I felt the whole world spinning.  Those were the elite’s doings?  It wasn’t Minzy?  What is up with them?  Why are they concerned for ME?  I stared at Minzy in disbelief.  “I’m serious, JungHee.  Everytime I feel guilty for things I did to you and Suzy, they would always have a gift ready to go.  ChaeRin unnie would write the notes and EunJung unnie delivers the present.  Sorry I didn’t tell you sooner.” Minzy timidly said.  “Ahh…  It’s alright.  I’m just glad to have my best bud back.”  Minzy smiled and said, “JungHee, can you come talk to me after school?  It’s a quick thing, don’t worry.  Suzy, you can return to class now.  I hope that we can be close without me being mean to you.  I’ll see you guys!  Bye!”  Suzy sighed.  “Wow, I thought it was something bad but Minzy is really nice.  Wow I didn’t expect to see that the other elites would do something as giving presents to you, JungHee.  Did you?  Surely you would’ve noticed a difference in handwriting?”  Honestly, I didn’t.  But thinking back, there was a funny change in handwriting.  Why haven’t I noticed it before?

I walked outside and saw Minzy after school.  She saw me and smiled.  “JungHee, I have to leave in 5 minutes so this is quick.  I’m not asking you or making you do anything if you don’t want to.  I was just thinking about it.  When Hyorin unnie and the other elites leave, I’m the next heir.  I also need my circle of friends to be elites.  I was thinking that you could be part of my elite.  You’re my best friend, JungHee.  It would be great if you were to be my best friend forever and be an elite with me.  I just want you to think about it.  I’m not forcing anything on you.  Well, I gotta go.  Bye JungHee!  It was really nice to talk to you normally like best friends again!”  With that she ran to the car that was coming in.  “Oy, Minzy!  There you are!  We were waiting for you!” Hyorin cried from the car.  I watched them leave and then I heard a voice behind me.

“Well, that was interesting.”  I spun around and saw Seungri’s amused face.  “Are you going to keep on stalking and scarring me, Mr. Lee?” I jokingly asked him.  I hoped he didn’t hear what Minzy said.  I really didn’t want any of the others to learn about this.  Seunri raised an eyebrow and said, “Who said I was stalking you?  I’m just merely following you.  I don’t want you to be hurt.  And besides, I saw the young heiress talking to you so of course I’d get scared.  Just be lucky that Sora noona didn’t see what I just saw.  She’d freak and who knows what she woulda done to your friend.”  “Seungri, stop.” I growled.  “Minzy and I were just talking as best friends should be.  And following someone is the same thing as stalking someone.”  Seungri laughed, “But saying that I followed you sounds less creepy, you know?  C’mon, JungHee.  Let’s see what the choir is up to today.  We got some new music anyways, LET’S GO!” and he swung his arm around my shoulders.  It kinda hurt but it was playful.  We walked back towards the school entrance laughing together.