7.

Second Winter at Fire Lodge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Disentangling herself from Lisa for a moment, Jennie glanced over at the clock. It had been almost an hour since Lisa had showed up at her door with dinner.   "We should go see what the others are up to, let them know that we're all right," Jennie said. She rebuttoned Lisa's shirt, kissing each patch of skin before it was once again covered by flannel, then pulled on her own sweatshirt. "Lisa grabbed the tray with their uneaten dinner on it and hand in hand the two of them made their way to the dining room, where Chaeyoung and Jisoo were still sitting at the table chatting.   "You know," Chaeyoung said, with a roguish glint in her eye, "you were supposed to eat the sandwiches, not just carry them around."   "I don't know," Jisoo said, "if you and I were reunited after months apart, I think sandwiches would be the last thing on my mind."   Jennie blushed. "We'll have plenty of time for that -"   "More of that," Jisoo interrupted, before Chaeyoung shushed her.   "Over the course of the season," Jennie went on, her blush deepening. "Tonight we wanted to come out and tell you that I'm okay - we're okay - and we're not going to be starting the season in a state of total chaos."   "That's good to hear," Chaeyoung said as she got Lisa and Jennie seated at the tables and got them started on making sandwiches. "Now you need to eat."   "Ummm, where's Sunmi?" Lisa asked.   "She went up to your room," Jisoo said.   "You got a room?" Jennie asked, her eyes wide with mock astonishment. "Aren't you going to bunk with me?"   "Well," Lisa said nonchalantly, "I thought I might need a room. I still might need it - no one's asked me to bunk with them."   Jennie got up from her chair and got down on one knee in front of Lisa. Taking Lisa's hand, and struggling not to laugh, she asked "Lalisa Manoban, will you make me the happiest woman on earth and bunk with me this season?"   Lisa leaned down and kissed Jennie on the tip of her nose. "Of course I will. A girl just likes to be asked."   As Jennie got back into her chair, Lisa got up, saying "I've got to go thank Sunmi. I'll be right back."   ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^   Sunmi hit pause and looked up from the video on her tablet as Lisa came into the room.   "I just wanted to say..." they both said, before stopping upon realizing they were both talking at once.   After a moment of nervous laughter, Sunmi said "You first, Lisa-sunbae."   Lisa bowed slightly in acknowledgement. "I just wanted to thank you for talking some sense into me this afternoon. I really needed to hear that, and I'm glad you were brave enough to say it."   "I still think I stepped over the line,"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter