5.

Second Winter at Fire Lodge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"OK. Let's get this taken care of." Lisa went behind the desk and pulled out the box of room keys. "Chaeyoung and Jisoo. I'm guessing you want the same room as last year?"   Chaeyoung looked at Jisoo, who smiled and nodded excitedly. "You got it. And I've got to get back to the soup if we're going to have dinner tonight."   Lisa nodded. "OK. Here's your key, and I'll help Jisoo if she needs a hand getting your luggage up there."   Jisoo said, "I should be able to get it all - we travel light" and took her key from Lisa.   "Let me know if you change your mind," Lisa told her. Then she turned to Sunmi. "There are two small staff single rooms or there's a medium-sized staff room with bunkbeds. It's up to you, if you prefer having a roommate or not. Either way we'll be sharing the bathrooms and showers at the end of the hall with Chaeyoung and Jisoo."   Sunmi thought for a second, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand before saying "If you don't mind having a roommate, I'd rather not be alone right now."   Lisa nodded. "I can understand that. You have a preference for top or bottom bunk, or should we flip for it?"   "Since I picked the room," Sunmi said, "you can pick your bunk."   "I'll take the bottom bunk," Lisa said. "I remember some nights last year I was so tired I just fell into bed, and you can't do that with a top bunk." Lisa laughed at this, and Sunmi actually cracked a small smile. Lisa handed Sunmi one of the keys to the double room to Sunmi, put the other on her keychain, and locked the keys to the single rooms back in the box. Coming out from behind the bed, she said "Well, let's go get settled in before dinner." She took her bag and one of Sunmi's and headed up the stairs. She heard Sunmi following her with the other bags.   When they reached their rooms, they put the bags down and Lisa ducked out to the linen closet to get duvets and sheets for their beds. They started chatting as they made their beds and soon. Lisa told Sunmi about her university in Thailand and Sunmi told Lisa about her plans to leave the valley in the spring and move to Seoul. When they had their beds almost made, Sunmi got up the nerve to ask the question she really wanted an answer to: "Are you the Lisa who Jennie was dating last year, and if so, what happened with that?"   Lisa stared at Sunmi, confused. Sunmi shrugged. "It's a small valley," she said. "Word gets around."   Lisa smiled. "Yes, that was me." She sat down on the edge of her bed, then gestured for Sunmi to sit next to her. She told her the story of how she and Jennie had gotten together, and how she had broken up with Jennie before going back to Thailand, and where things stood now.  
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter