28.

Second Winter at Fire Lodge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Before they stopped at the grocery store, Jisoo and Chaeyoung stopped at G-Dragon's auto shop. He saw them pull in and came out to meet them.   "Hey! Something wrong with the truck?" His brow was furrowed with concern.   "No, the truck's great," Chaeyoung said. "I don't think it's ever run so well as after whatever you did to it. No. . . ummm . . . I'm here to buy you that beer I owe you and I need to ask you a question."   "Sure thing - business is dead today, so I might as well knock off a little early. I'll be closing the place down in a few months anyway."   "You couldn't find someone to run it for you while you're in the army?" Jisoo asked.   G-Dragon shook his head. "Nah. The only people I trust that much all work at the Fire Lodge."   Chaeyoung reached out and messed up G-Dragon's hair. "What're you doing? Trying to make me blush?" She turned and tossed the truck keys to Jisoo. "Babe, can you go get started on the shopping and I'll meet up with you when I'm done here?"   "Sure thing," Jisoo said. "Take your time. I've got the shopping list and the lodge debit card, so you can take as long as you need to."   Chaeyoung shook her head. "I shouldn't be that long."   Jisoo paused as she was climbing back into the truck. "No, I'm serious - take your time. You're going to miss him while he's in the army."   Chaeyoung nodded. "Thanks." She looked at G-Dragon. "Is Art's still open down the block?" Upon him nodding, she turned back to Jisoo. "OK. We'll be at Art's."   Jisoo smiled. "Have fun!" She climbed in the truck and drove off.   G-Dragon smiled at Chaeyoung. "So I was right about her, eh? Seems like you two are doing really well."   "Yeah. That's what I wanted to talk about." Chaeyoung turned and started walking up the block, and G-Dragon fell in beside her. "We're doing really great. If fact, we're going to get married in a couple of months."   G-Dragon's eyes got huge. "Really? That's awesome!"   Chaeyoung smiled at him. "Yeah, it is."   They were at Art's by this time. They went inside, sat down at the bar, and ordered beers.   "So," G-Dragon said after taking the first swallow of his beer. "There was something you wanted to ask me?"   Chaeyoung nodded. She took a swallow of her beer, then sat the bottle down on the bar and fiddled with a loose corner of the label for a second. "We need you to come out to the Lodge for a day before you leave for the army."   "Sure," G-Dragon said. He started to take another drink, but stopped with the bottle halfway to his mouth. "But there's something else that goes along with this, or you wouldn't be going all secret squirrel on me."   Chaeyoung nodded, took a deep breath, and started talking. "Jisoo and I are getting married before the end of the season, and I want you to be my best man, and you'll have to wear a tuxedo."   "Really?" G-Dragon jumped up and gave Chaeyoung a hug. "That's awesome! I'm so happy for you! And you want me to be your best man? I'm honored. Seriously, honored." He sat down again and took a drink of his beer.   "Were you listening?" Chaeyoung said. "You'll have to wear a tuxedo."   "Believe it or not, I actually do have clothes besides jumpsuits."   "You own a tuxedo?" Chaeyoung lifted her eyebrows skeptically.   G-Dragon nodded. "How do you think I got the money to open up my shop? I used to be maitre d' at Antoine's."   Chaeyoung put her hand on her forehead as if the very idea was making her head hurt. "You went from being maitre d' at one of the finest restaurants in town to being a dishwasher at Fire Lodge?"   G-Dragon nodded. "I couldn't take the stress of working front of the house anymore, I can't cook, and I still needed to make a little more money to have enough to open my shop."   "And you kept your tuxedo?"   "Of course," G-Dragon said with a shrug. "Once my rap career takes off, I'm going to get invited to award shows and I'll need a tuxedo for that.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter