14.

Second Winter at Fire Lodge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie balanced the tray on one hand as she shut Jihyo's door behind her.  Most people don't know that a hostess's duties at a place like Fire Lodge include being a therapist.  Jennie knew this, though, from all the times she'd seen her parents staying up late, talking things over with a guest who was having problems.

"At least Jihyo's doing better," she thought to herself as she made her way down the hall.  Jennie had brought Jihyo some rice, which together with time had helped to sober her up some.  And spending a couple of hours talking with Jennie definitely seemed to have improved Jihyo's mood - by the time Jennie left, Jihyo was able to smile a little, and was even looking forward to Tzuyu's return from wherever she had gone.

She looked up just in time to see Mina, Jeongyeon, and Chaeyoung coming up the stairs.  She moved to one side of the hallway so there'd be room for them to get past her.  "Hi there!  Enjoy your dinner?"

Jeongyeon patted her stomach.  "Definitely!  Let me know if Park Chaeyoung ever decides to leave here - I'd like to have her working for Twice."

"Yeah, right," Mina said, poking Joengyeon in the tummy.  "If you could eat Park Chaeyoung's food all the time, you'd be Twice the size you are."

Jeongyeon laughed.  "Yes, but the process of getting there would be so worth it!"

Mina gestured to Jeongyeon as if to say "You see what I have to deal with?" and they all laughed.

"Well, have a good night," Jennie said as she started down the stairs.  "Call the front desk if you need anything!"

When she got into the dining room, Jennie sat the tray on the sideboard and sat down to finally have her dinner.  Looking at what remained on the table she asked in surprise "There were tteokbokki left?"

Lisa laughed.  "It wasn't because Jeongyeon didn't try.  It's just that our Chaeyoung was a step ahead of her and fixed a double batch."

Chaeyoung help up her hands.  "Much as I'd love to take credit for this, this is all thanks to Jisoo.  She's the one who remembered how much Jeongyeon liked tteokbokki and decided to fix extra."

"Good job, Jisoo," Jennie said, as she scooped some tteokbokki into a bowl.  "That kind of forethought and attention to guests' likes and dislikes is what I want us all to have."

Jisoo smiled and blushed, obviously pleased with the praise.

"All in all, I think today was a successful today," Jennie said.

"Even taking Tzuyu into account?" Lisa asked.

"She's still not back yet?"

Lisa shook her head.  "She said she'd be back either late or not at all."

"Well," Jennie said, "she manages to get home safely the other 51 weekends in a year, so we'll just have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter