13.

Second Winter at Fire Lodge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
When Jennie got to the front desk, Lisa explained to her about what had happened with Jihyo and Tzuyu and the action she'd taken as far as issuing Tzuyu a new room, which she didn't regret, and letting Jihyo fix her own drink, which she did.   "I thought she was just going to fix a drink, not TRY TO down the whole bottle in one glass."   "OK, so new guideline:" Jennie said, "guests with back of bar privileges don't get to fix their own drinks when they're that upset. But don't beat yourself up over it - you've only seen happy Jihyo before now."   Jennie thought for a moment. "I'd better bring her dinner up to her. She's liable to still be in a bad mood, and I'd hate to inflict that on anyone else. Besides, it'll give me a chance to check on her."   Just then the alarm on Lisa's phone went off. "The towels are done washing," she said. "I've got to go put them on to dry."   "That reminds me," Jennie said, "where are our other guests?"   "They're out snowshoeing," Lisa said. "It's their first time, so I sent them down the yellow circle trail.   Jennie nodded. "Good choice. Anything else I should know?"   Lisa shook her head. "Sunmi's on break until the towels finish drying. Jisoo and Chaeyoung are down in the kitchen. No phone calls, no emergencies."   "Sounds good," Jennie said, leaning across the desk to give Lisa a kiss. "I'll just hang out here and see you when you're done with the laundry."   Lisa smiled. "I like the sound of that. I'll be back in just a couple of minutes."   ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^   It turned out that Chaeyoung was a natural at snowshoeing and had soon pulled ahead of Mina and Jeongyeon. She spotted a place where the branches of a huge fir tree hung down to the ground, creating a sort of cave. She ducked under the tree and looked up the trail, waiting for the others to catch up. Jeongyeon was the first to come into view.   "Over here!" Chaeyoung called, beckoning toward her tree. Once Jeongyeon was under the tree, Chaeyoung wrapped her arms around her and went up on tiptoes to kiss her.   "I like that!" Jeongyeon said, kissing Chaeyoung back.   Just then Mina showed up. "Hey!" she cried out. "I hope you brought enough for everybody!"   Chaeyoung laughed. "Of course we did! Get over here!"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter