41.

Second Winter at Fire Lodge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie climbed on the snowmobile behind G-Dragon. She just barely had time to wrap her arms around his waist before he hit the throttle and they went flying.

"You don't have to go this fast," Jennie called out to him.

"I know," he responded, swerving at the last second to miss a tree stump. "I want to go this fast. I'll be leaving for the army in a couple of months, so who knows how many more chances I'll get to go snowmobiling between now and then."

Jennie nodded, realized he couldn't see her, then called out "good point." She had to hold on tighter as a slalomed through a clump of trees, and she felt him laughing with joy.

"That reminds me," he said, next time there were on a straightaway, "I need to ask you a favor."

"If I can do it, I will," Jennie said.

"Can I leave my truck and my snowmobile at the lodge while I'm in the army? That way I won't have to worry about them, and you can use the snowmobile if you lose any more guests."

"I'm not planning on losing any more guests," Jennie said indignantly, "but yes, you can leave your truck and snowmobile at the lodge."

"Thanks," he responded, "that's really a load off my mind."

They rode on in silence for the next hour, hoping to see a sign of Dahyun and Sana, but seeing nothing.

"I hope the other teams are having better luck than we are," Jennie said.

"Someone's going to find them," G-Dragon said. "The purple star trail's not that long."

"Let's stop for a second so I can do a radio check with the other teams," she said. He stopped the snowmobile. She climbed off, unclipped the radio from her jacket, made sure it was on channel 22, then broadcast "Fire Lodge 1, calling Fire Lodge 2 and 3."

A-yeon responded first. "Fire Lodge 2. Nothing to report. The snow covered up all their footprints from yesterday, and so far there's no fresh sign from this morning."

As soon as A-yeon stopped, Jisoo radioed in. "Fire Lodge 3. Nothing to report."

"Okay," Jennie responded. "Radio in if you find anything!" She clipped the radio back on her jacket, then looked around. 

G-Dragon revved up the snowmobile. "Ready to go?"

Jennie climbed on behind him before announcing "Ready!"

 

 

A-Yeon put away the radio and she and Tzuyu made their way further up the purple star trail. At one point they thought they might have found a spot where Dahyun and Sana went off the trail, but it turned out to be nothing more than a spot where a branch had blown off a tree and slid down the hill.

"Do you go out on search and rescues often?" Tzuyu asked, as they made their way back up the hill to the trail.

"I used to go out on them all the time," A-Yeon said. "I was in ski patrol until I started the bar, and I still try to go out on at least one a year, to try to keep my skills up."

"I had no idea you were in ski patrol," Tzuyu said. "I bet you were cute in the uniform."

"I've still got my uniform at home," A-Yeon said. "I'll try it on and you can see what you think."

"Oh yay!" Tzuyu jumped up and down. "I can't wait to see!"

A-Yeon laughed. "You get excited about the silliest things," she said.

"I just had such a bizarre time growing up, I like to see what things are like for normal people."

"That may be the first time anyone has ever called me a normal person!" A-Yeon said. 

"You know what I mean!" Tzuyu responded, whacking A-Yeon on the arm.

"I know," A-Yeon said. "I just can't resist messing with you!"

After they walked on a little bit longer, Tzuyu saw another spot that could have been Dahyun and Sana going off the trail.

"Do we need to check this out?" Tzuyu asked.

A-Yeon nodded. "It looks like a possibility, so we'd better check it out."

Grabbing on to branches for support, they made their way down the slope.

"No sign of them," A-Yeon said, looking around, starting to head back up.

"Wait!" Tzuyu called out. "I think I see something!" She ducked under the tree, and in a few seconds stuck her head out yelling "I found something!"

A-Yeon went under the tree where Tzuyu was and checked out Tzuyu's find. "It's a snow hut," she said. "This is probably where they spent the night last night. When we get back up on the trail, I'll radio it in."

They climbed back up to the trail and A-Yeon pul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter