Walk with me

Dream Kindergarten

A/n: This will be Johnten.

----- 

Johnny had driven his family back to their place but the car was not silent. With Lucas on sugar rush and Mark, who is usually reserved, indulging his brother with loud responses, Johnny could only smile while they passed the highway. 

“Hey, Lucas honey, when will your graduation be?” Ten asked and Lucas blinked owlishly at him.

“Friday papa!” Mark answered and Johnny laughed.

“Lucas seemed to be a little out at the moment.” Johnny laughed making Lucas pout.

“Dad hates me.” Lucas said and Johnny earned a slap from Ten.

“No sweetheart, Dad loves you but I love your Papa more.” Johnny replied and it made Ten blush.

“And now you don’t love me?” Mark asked and Ten laughed.

“Of course I love you Mark, but I love your Papa more.” Johnny replied and Mark nodded.

‘As long as Papa also love me.” Mark replied and Tenbeamed him a smile. 

“Of course I love you both. You two are my precious babies.” Ten replied and they were all happy.

They were bathing the two kids when Lucas suddenly yelped, surprising Mark who almost sipped in the tub. 

“Lucas what is it honey?” Ten asked and Lucas jumped up and down the tub, splashing water everywhere.

“Vaccation! Papa Vacation!!!!” Lucas said and Ten thought for a while before laughing and ruffling Lucas’ hair. 

“Oh right, Vacation.” Ten laughed and turned to Johnny who was lathering up Mark’s hair. “Wanna come with us?” Ten asked and Johnny blinked at him.

‘Dad! Vacation!” Lucas was excited and looked at Johnny with wide eyes. 

“Where?” Johnny asked and Lucas clapped his hands splashing water at Mark who retaliated by splashing water back to his brother.

“Thailand Dad!” Lucas erupted in laughter and Mark whipped his head towards Johnny in those big puppy eyes that you can resist. 

Johnny took the shower head and rinsed the shampoo on Mark’s hair before laughing and doing the same to Lucas.

“You wanna go buddy?” Johnny asked Mark as he wrapped the boy in a fluffy towel. Mark instantly nodded and Johnny smiled at him. “Then it’s a yes.” Johnny said and Lucas jumped for joy, causing more water to splash.  “I’ll take care of the kids, go wash up.” Johnny informed Ten and the younger nodded and handed him a towel for Lucas.

“You’ll get to meet granny and grandpa!” Lucas said excitedly while Johnny dried the little boy. “They will love you and Mark. Mark we can go to the beach and make sand castles!” Lucas was excited and Johnny could tell Mark was getting excited as well.

“Dad, we can really go to Thailand?” Mark asked and Johnny nodded.

“we may need to get visas but we’ll go to Thailand.” Johnny remarked and Mark hugged his father and thanked him. 

Once the boys were comfortable in their pajamas, Ten took over and asked Johnny to wash up. Ten eyed the two and they excitedly told them about things that they will do.

“Mom and dad will love you Mark and they will feed you till you grow as tall as Johnny.” Ten informed them and Lucas excitedly hugged Mark. 

“You’ll love Granny’s curry! She ‘s amazing and the sweets.. you’ll love it!!” Lucas was really excited and Ten adored how the two are getting along so well. In most relationhips that involves children from previous marriages or partners, the kids don’t really get along well but these two are really like brothers and it amazes him to no end.

“We can go to the beach?” Mark asked and Ten nodded. 

‘it’s warm and sunny in Thailand and you get to swim in the water.” Ten informed him and Mark was really happy with the idea of just going to the beach.

“Okay sweetheart, time to sleep.” Ten said and both kids went to their beds in the shared bedroom.

Johnny came just in time to tuck in the two kids, issing their foreheads and wishing them sweet dreams. The kids kissed their fathers’ cheeks and went to sleep. Johnny turned of the lights and led Ten out of the room, closing the door behind him softly. They settled in the media room, beer bottles at hand and some cheesy movie playing in the screen. It felt like dejavu on their first sleep over and the fateful day that led up to where they are now. 

“How’s your knee?” Johnny asked and Ten smiled. 

“Okay. I have a last check up with Dr. Kim tomorrow.” Ten said and Johnny smiled at that. 

“Want to go somewhere fun after?” Johnny asked and Ten grinned at that.

“Yeah, I’d love that.” Ten replied and they clanked their beer bottles together and enjoyed their night in stories and laghter.

The four of them were bright and early but when they reached the hospital, Lucas started sobbing. Johnny took the kid and assured the kid that Ten is just going to have his final check up and everything will be okay. The consultation was more than okay and Dr. Kim reminded Ten to take it easy for a while but he’s definitely good to go.  Lucas was of course delighted and he gave the doctor a hug which earned a good laugh from him. 

“We’re going to celebrate!” Johnny announced and the two kids cheered while Ten laughed at his boys.

“Where are we going dad?” Lucas asked but Johnny was tight lipped at the answer frustrating Lucas. 

But when they arrived a a fusion restaurant, Lucas was all wide eyed and excited with Mark happily jumping and smiling at the deliious looking menu. Johnny laughed as they were seated in a booth, ordering fries for the little ones while they figure out what to order. Ten took out his digital camera and started taking pictures of his family and when Johnny noticed him, he showed the pictures much to the delight of Johnny. Ten took beautiful pictures and Johnny marveled at how amazing Ten is.

Their orders arrived and the kids were excited to try the currypizza and linchi burgers. Ten and Johnny indulged on their kids and Lucas just went nuts if his expressions were to be the judge of it. Mark laughed at his brother, enjoying how Lucas looked liked a food commercial ad. 


After lunch Johnny drove them to Namsan tower and they rode a cable car much to the delight of Mark and Lucas. The two were cheering excitedly and Mark, the bright and curious little boy, started asking his father stuff about cables cars and trees and the tower in rapid fire English that he sounded like he’s rapping.

“Slow down buddy!” Johnny laughed and Lucas nudged his brother.

“You are too smart.” Lucas commented making both Ten and Johnny laugh at the remark.

Once they arrived at the tower, they looked up on the observatory and the excited kids searched for Thailand and Chicago, both were thrilled to find them and the parents indulged them and took pictures of and with them. It was a happy day trip and when the kids noticed the locks, Johnny and Ten can’t really argue with that. They bought a lock and have their picture taken for posting. They wrote their names on the lock and with a kiss on the key, they threw it away. 

The last part of their trip at the Namsan tower was the hanbok museum where the family suited up with traditional Korean clothing. They took photos and role played a little, and the kids enjoyed watching their parents act like the king and well king and the two clapped and cheered and even asked for a kiss and the two indulged themselves. Seeing that they were indeed a happy family, one of the staffs volunteered to take their pictures. They posed happily and the staffs cooed at the two little princes who were so adorable.

“You have a beautiful family.” She said as she handed the camera back to Ten.

“Thank you.” Ten thanked her sincerely, flashing a wide smile.

They had their dinner at the revolving restaurant and once again, Lucas had big expressions eating the delicious food. Mark excitedly watched his brother eat and both parents took the time to take pictures of their excited little boys laughing and having fun.

The drive home was quiet but comfortable. Lucas and Mark were dosing at the back while Ten held Johnny’s hand as the other held the wheel. It was a day to remember and it really felt like they are walking towards the right path, of being together as a family. Ten was sure that he had fallen for Johnny,  a strong man who had a heart of gold. And Johnny surely loved Ten, a small doll with strength of a warrior. They met briefly and got together in a blur but looking at how they took this journey, they were both sure that the shortcut was necessary.


---- 

a/n: So you may have an idea where I am going with this right?! Hahah  right?!?!!