Show and Tell

Dream Kindergarten

a/n: Thank you for taking interest in my story. If you read my tags, well Jungwoo and Kun will be teachers here.

^^

 

---

‘Usagi, let’s get you changed!” Yuta called and Renjun eagerly followed his father. Yuta then made a quick turn and called Chenle, the four-year-old eagerly joining the Japanese and his son to change.

 

“I swear you treat everyone nice except for me.” Sicheng whined making Ten laugh.

 

It wasn’t that long when Jaehyun tried to find his seat but at least 3 females hit on him, flirting with him and batting their mascaraed lashes. Johnny sighed patting his son and telling him to be still while he rescued his husband from all the flirting.

 

“Hey babe, Jeno is looking for you.” Johnny called and Jaehyun grinned at him and nodded.

 

“Coming sweetie.” Jaehyun called out and then turned to the females. “Sorry, I have to go.” Jaehyun bowed then made a run for it, leaving another batch of disappointed females.

 

Jaehyun was of course straight but when he had Jeno, dating was the least of his priorities. He met with Johnny and Taeyong, the latter checking Jeno’s outfits and retying the boy’s laces; the dancer in him is just being cautious.
 

“Hey Tae!” Jaehyun greeted.

 

“at the rate your relationship is going, I am not surprised if you’re married to Johnny in a couple of years.” Taeyong snorted.

 

‘No offence but Johnny’s not my type.” Jaehyun shrugged.

 

‘Like you’re my type dude.” Johnny snorted.

 

“Appa, Johnny samchon is nice though.” Jeno commented. “And Mark hyung is cool.” Jeno added making Taeyong laugh.

 

“See, the kid has good eyes.” Johnny high fived the kid and Jeno giggled as he tried to reach Johnny’s palms, standing on his tippy toes to reach them. “Who’s the dude you walk inside with?” Johnny asked and Taeyong raised a brow.

 

“Oh you mean Yuta? He’s Jaemin’s friend’s father.” Taeyong explained.


“Renjun’s dad?” Mark asked and Taeyong nodded. “He’s cool, he drew Teacher Kun and gave it as a present for his birthday.” Mark said and the three were surprised.

 

“Yeah, Mr. Nakamoto is super cool, he plays soccer too!” Jaemin said and both kids nodded in agreement.

 

“How did you meet him huh?” Jaehyun asked and Jeno smiled at him.

 

“He comes by early to fetch Renjun and he plays with us to pass the time until you get to fetch us.” Mark explained.

 

“Oh, that’s why you and Renjun are close.” Taeyong pondered and Jaemin smiled while nodding.

 

“Injunnie!!” Jeno waved and the boy smiled and ran to his friends. Taeyong noticed that the kid had changed into a traditional Chinese robe complete with those soft cloth shoes and jade accessories. “You look cute Injunnie!” Jeno remarked and Renjun smiled wider, revealing his snaggle tooth.

 

 

“thanks! You all look cool!” Renjun commented.

 

 

“I wasn’t done with you yet Usagi!” Yuta shouted but apologized as he saw the three (extremely handsome) men. “Oh sorry.” He said and the three just beamed him a smile. “Usagi, come on I still need to fix your clothes and apply your make up.” Yuta called out and Renjun waved before leaving with his father.

 

Johnny nudged Taeyong who was grinning as he watched Yuta walk away from them. “Psst, you look creepy.” Johnny mock whispered annoying Taeyong and making Jaehyun laugh.

 

“Okay kids, let’s get you lined up!” Teacher Kun announced and he gathered the kids and told the parents to get to their respective seats.

 

“Oh, is this seat taken?” Johnny looked up to the person who talked but was rendered speechless as he saw an angel. Johnny snapped out of the trance and smiled before gesturing to the man to take a seat.

 

“Ten?” Taeyong asked and the guy sitting next to Johnny looked at him and beamed a smile.

 

‘Taeyong hyung, how have you been?” Ten greeted back.

 

“Fine, it’s been a while since we saw each other.” Taeyong remarked.

 

‘Yeah, I have been busy with expansions. You did great the last time I watched you.” Ten complimented the dancer.

 

“You’re better than me. Anyway, send my regards to Yugyeom!” Taeyong said then sat on Johnny’s other side.

 

“Sure, will do.” Ten smiled.

 

Johnny turned to his friend and glared at him. “You never told me you were friends with an angel.” Johnny spoke through greeted teeth.

 

“Who?” Taeyong asked and Johnny nudged his head towards his left. “Oh Ten?” Taeyong grinned and Johnny rolled his eyes, this could most definitely be blackmail material. ‘You’re straight last time I checked.” Taeyong said smugly and turned his attention to the stage.

 

‘That took forever!” Yuta puffed when he finally got to his seat next to Ten.

 

“Let me guess, Chenle and Sicheng had a moment?” Ten asked and Yuta nodded.

 

“Seriously, are they even related?” Yuta asked exasperatedly making Ten laugh.

 

“Unfortunately yes.” Ten replied making Yuta laugh then his eyes landed to Taeyong and he did a little wave. “You’re already chummy with another parent?” Ten whispered and Yuta gave him an incredulous look.

 

“He is Jaemin’s father and we just met on our way here, I am just being civil.” Yuta whispered back.

 

“Ohh goodness we’re not late.” They heard a huff and someone plopped behind them. “I swear to whatever god out there that Donghyuck is a real Diva.” It was Doyoung puffing out his cheeks, too tired to even glare at his son who was grinning back at him.

 

“You had a strong headed wife, he got that from her.” Taeil commented while he sat next to Doyoung.

 

“Ex-wife” Doyoung corrected him.

 

“Excuse me is this seat taken?” They heard someone spoke and Doyoung squinted and strained his ears as he tried to decipher the words uttered. It sounded Korean but with a heavy accent.

 

“It’s available, have a seat.” Taeil answered and Doyoung looked at him like he had grown a head.

 

“You understood that?” Doyoung asked quietly.

 

“Huh? Oh yeah I am a speech trainer remember?” Taeil asked and Doyoung snorted, of course Taeil understood gibberish, he correct them for a living.

 

Doyoung then took out his camera to check the settings when he heard a gasp from his side. He looked at the person to give them some colorful words when the words got stuck in his throat, this boy was gorgeous.

 

“Wow, is that the latest model?” Handsome man asked and Doyoung nodded. “Cool, I’ve always wanted one but I’m never good at photography.” He confessed.


“Oh, you can try lower ends if you want it as a hobby.” Doyoung remarked and he mentally thanked himself for not stuttering.

 

“Jaehyun and cameras don’t mix” Doyoung looked at the person seated in front of him and this Jaehyun guy shoved them.

 

“Hyung, I know okay, but I really want to take pictures of Jeno.” Jaehyun remarked.

 

“I can take them for you.” Doyoung offered.

 

“Really?” Jaehyun excitedly asked, eyes wide and hopeful.

 

“Yeah, I’m Doyoung by the way.” Doyoung extended a hand and Jaehyun gladly sook them.

 

“I’m Jaehyun.” Jaehyun said with a wide smile, dimples showing, then took out his phone to show Doyoung the slightly blurred picture of Jeno. “I don’t really take good pictures. Jaehyun pouted, he just pouted, and Doyoung’s gay heart started pounding.

 

“told you.’ Taeyong remarked Doyoung laughed at them. “Jeno will be performing with my son Jaemin, can you take pictures of him too?” Taeyong asked and Doyoung looked at the two a bit confused.

 

“Hyung, can you not? He’s not here to be our photographer.” Jaehyun said and Doyoung laughed.

 

“No problem, but I need some contacts to send them later.” Doyoung said and Jaehyun gladly asked for his phone to input his contacts.

 

“Just send them there, I will just forward it to Taeyong.” Jaehyun said and Doyoung nodded.

 

“You did not just flirt and got a number.” Taeil whispered and Doyoung just smiled.

 

The auditorium went dim for a while before an MC welcomed them to the program. He introduced himself as Teacher Jungwoo and the male was all smiles and cuteness. “He looked really young.” Johnny remarked.

 

“He is.” Ten remarked next to him and Johnny swore his heart just stopped for a while; not sure because he was scared or because Ten’s voice was soft and sweet.

 

“Really?” Johnny asked and Ten nodded.

 

“He’s a genius.” Ten smiled at him and Johnny had to think if he was into boys now or just this one.

 

“Let’s give it up to our first performers, We have Lucas!” Jungwoo announced and the tall kid walked to the center of the stage like he owned it.

 

Ten beamed a wide smile, he got that confidence from him, he was so sure of it. The music started and Lucas was spitting fast syllable and rapping to the song that made Ten’s grin wider than it already was.

 

“Wow, Lucas is really something.” Yuta remarked and Ten just nodded.

 

“Your son?” Johnny asked and Ten looked at the giant and nodded. “He is something; he has the makings of a rapper.” Johnny nodded along as the beat slowed down a bit for the chorus.

 

“Yeah, if he’ll want that career then I’ll give him the freedom to do so.” Ten remarked.

 

“Oh, sorry, you’re a dancer.” Johnny remarked.

 

‘hmm yeah, that’s why I know Taeyong hyung.” Ten replied. “I’m Ten by the way.” Ten introduced himself.

 

Just then Lucas rapped in English and Johnny’s ears perked up hearing the familiar language. “That’s awesome, his pronunciation and diction are on point.” Johnny remarked. “Johnny by the way.” He introduced himself and Ten chuckled.

 

“Yeah, we talk in English back at home, he got to be prepared for it.” Ten replied.

 

“Well keep it up, he’s good.” Johnny smiled and Ten thanked him.

 

The crowd applauded as Lucas finished his performance. Ten gave him two thumbs up and the kid was just happy that he threw hearts and kisses towards his father.

 

“Lucas will be a heart breaker.” Yuta remarked making Ten glare at him.

 

“Amazing rap skills.” Jungwoo remarked then introduced a bunch of girls that danced to Spice Girls, their moms cheering them on and they concluded that they were fans from long ago. Then is it was Chenle and Renjun.

 

“Usagi!” Yuta cheered and Sicheng probably too but his pronunciation was a little too gibberish to decipher.

 

The gong was heard and soon, the two toddlers where trying their best to perform a traditional dance. Sicheng was almost in tears as they glide across the stage, red robes flowing with the way their little bodies moved. Renjun was smiling like he was enjoying it and Yuta was trying his hardest not to scream and embarrass his son. Yuta was very happy when he saw his son really working hard to dance to the complicated routine; for a five-year-old that is.

 

“Wow Yuta, I never knew Renjun could dance so well.” Ten remarked but grinned as he saw his friend in tears.

 

“My usagi, look at him Ten.” Yuta was pointing to the smiling Renjun bowing and Yuta was the overreacting father crying as he cheered his son.

 

“Chenle you did well!” Sicheng shouted and the toddler rolled his eyes but smiled and waved to his father.

 

“Oh he’s your son?” Taeil asked and Sicheng nodded. “They look so cute!” Taeil remarked. “Who taught them?” Taeil asked and Sicheng swallowed hard.

 

“I did.” Sicheng answered with a slight blush on his cheeks.

 

“You did well, they are awesome.” Taeil praised him and Sicheng blushed at that.

 

“Thank you.” Sicheng mustered and Taeil smiled at the cute actions.

 

Jungwoo then called out a few performers and it was now Jaemin and Jeno’s presentation. Jaehyun visibly perked up and Doyoung prepped his camera to take pictures.  The song started and both Jaemin and Jeno danced on beat and in sync. They were all smiling and Taeyong and Jaehyun were beaming with pride as they watched their sons perform a dance well.

 

“wow Taeyong hyung, you did great on them” Ten remarked and Taeyong smiled at him.

 

“Thanks, they are really hardworking kids though, a pleasure to work with to be honest.” Taeyong replied.

 

“Did you capture them well?” Jaehyun asked and Doyoung nodded, handing him the camera to preview the shots just as the kids waved and got off the stage. Jaehyun browsed the pictures and were smiling at how Doyoung captured the boys’ smiles and energy. “Wow you really are good. Are you a professional?” Jaehyun asked and Doyoung nodded.

 

“I work for a photography studio.” Doyoung replied and JAehyun’s eyes were wide.

 

“Really? Where?” Jaehyun was a little too excited for this.

 

“Oh I’ll send you the address.” Doyoung was blushing and damn it was embarrassing.

 

“I really wanted to have a picture with Jeno, a remembrance before he gets too old and would be embarrassed to be with me.” Jaehyun said and Doyoung laughed at that.

 

‘Ah, they do grow up so fast.” Doyoung remarked.

 

“Oh how rude of me, I never asked about your child.” Jaehyun gasped.

 

“Well, he’s up next.” Doyoung said and true to his words, Donghyuck was called to perform.

 

The song played and everyone was at awe with the boy’s voice. At such a young age, Donghyuck can very much sing in tune. There were whispers of joy and elation as the young boy continued to sing; Doyoung snapped away like his life depended on it and captured his son’s perfection.

 

“Appa saranghae!” Donghyuck shouted after and Doyoung was fighting tears as he waved to his son.

 

‘I love you too!” Doyoung shouted back and Donghyuck grinned and left the stage.

 

‘Wow, your son is amazing.” Jaehyun remarked.

 

“He got that from his dad.” Taeil said and extended a hand to Jaehyun. “I am Taeil, Doyoung’s BFF since college.” Taeil introduced himself.

 

“Hello I am Jaehyun.” He simply said. “Doyoung do you sing then?” Jaehyun turned to Doyoung who nodded.

 

“Back in college yes.” Doyoung replied.

 

“Oh, wow that is super amazing!” Jaehyun just had to praise him. “Your son’s voice is super amazing too.” Jaehyun remarked and Doyoung can’t help but smile at that.

 

“Thank you.” Doyoung merely replied.

 

Jungwoo returned to introduce a few more kids and it was then Mark’s turn.

 

“My boy’s finally gonna show off, I’ve been waiting for decades.” Johnny remarked and Ten chuckled at the man’s enthusiasm.

 

Mark smiled as he waved to his father and Johnny was full on-stage dad right now waving and cheering him on. The music played and Mark started to sing a Justin Bieber song, yes in English because his father was from Chicago and teaches English in High school.

 

“Mark is pretty good.” Ten admitted and Johnny spared him a glance, all daddy proud smile for his son.

 

“He’s my treasure.” Johnny replied and Ten could really tell that Johnny adored his boy.

 

Mark received applauses from the crowd and the boy eagerly waved and bowed before leaving the stage.

 

Jungwoo then called out Jisung and the youngest smiled as the music played. Jisung smiled wide as he trotted and danced on stage, he was cute and charming thst everyone was cooing at him. Taeil was too happy to see his baby boy having fun that he didn't notice he was shedding tears, not until Sicheng handed him a handkerchief.

 

"Jisung is really good. He is cute too." Sicheng said as Taeil wiped his tears.

 

"seeing him this happy is making me emotional, i'm sorry you to bother you." Taeil said but Sicheng dismissed him.

 

"we are both just proud fathers, I can't hold that against you." Sicheng said and Taeil thanked him again.

 

Jisung beamed at his father and Taeil blew a kiss towards him making the boy giggle as he moved back.

All the kids were then called back on stage to sing their school hymn before the teachers were thanking them and releasing the kids to happily ran to their proud parents.

 

 

-----

 

A/N: We’ll talent’s day intro is now over, so we go ahead with the shipping. Who would you want first?