Overwhelmed

Dream Kindergarten

A/n: let’s continue with how Monday progressed for the other pairing.

 

 

-----

 

Taeil really was overwhelmed with how big Sicheng’s office building was. He was sure that he looked like the biggest fool dressed in his slacks, button down and cardigan while Sicheng looked snappy in his suit. They were greeted once they stepped out of the car and a guard immediately approached Taeil. Sicheng only had to raise his hand and the guard bowed and escorted them towards the basement elevator.

Once they stepped in the lobby, a set of guards and assistants welcomed them.

 

Sicheng smiled and greeted them, dismissing them to their work as he was led towards the elevator with a few guards to accompany him. They reached the 42nd floor where his office was located and was again greeted by his supposed secretary named Hojong and an intern named Chan. Sicheng asked for coffee and the day’s agenda which the two efficiently did straight away.

 

“You really are loaded.” Taeil mused making Sicheng chuckle.

 

“We worked hard to build our fortune and are careful to maintain it’s stability, thousands of lives depend on us for a living.” Sicheng replied and Taeil was impressed.

 

“Your coffee sir.” Chan said and Hojong gave him his schedule.

 

Sicheng browsed through it and nodded to Hojong. “All is set?” Sicheng asked and Hojong nodded.

 

“Director Kwon is in attendance.” Hojong informed the boss whose face turned sour.

 

“I can handle it.” Sicheng smiled at his secretary and dismissed him.

 

“Is there a problem with Director Kwon?” Taeil asked and Sicheng sighed.

 

‘He doesn’t approve of me.” Sicheng answered making Taeil frown. “He still doesn’t believe I can run the business.” Sicheng said and Taeil’s frown deepened.

 

“Is it because of your speech?” Tael asked and Sicheng nodded.

 

“Come, it’s about time we meet them.” Sicheng said and left the office leaving the coffee untouched.

 

Sicheng was still smiling despite the treatment but Taeil was not. He was an outsider and he knew his place but the damn old geezard who called himself a director just had to mock and make un of Sicheng. It was rude, no one deserves that treatment.

 

“I apologize for the interruption but aren’t you commiting a fallacy? You are clearly discrediting Sicheng-ssi for his hardwork just bcause of a cureable flaw.” Taeil spoke and Sicheng was surprised.

 

“And who are you?” Director Kwon asked and Taeil glared at him.

 

“Moon Taeil, Sicheng-ssi’s personal assistant.” Taeil blurted out and Sicheng eyed him warily.

 

“You are a confident lad but unless Sicheng proves himself worthy, I am not changing my stance or opinion.” Director Kwon raised a brow and Taeil mirrored it.

 

“You got yourself a deal sir.” Taeil said and bowed before asking Sicheng to leave the room. Sicheng merely ighed and walked out of the board room and went straight back to his office.

 

“What were you thinking?” Sicheng asked Taeil, voice a bit louder for comfort.

 

“He was slandering you, I can’t just stand there and not protect you.” Taeil answered.

 

“I can handle it just fine.” Sicheng argued but Taeil sighed and shook his head.

 

“No you can’t handle it. You need to step up your game.” Taeil stared straight into Sicheng’s eyes.

 

“But claiming to be my personal assistant and dealing with a douchebag? Where did that came from?” Sicheng groaned as he slumped on his seat.

 

“I thought you are offering me a job as your assistant? Or am I mistaken?” Taeil asked, brow raised in mock confusion.

 

“Of course I offered you a job, I trust you but not like this.” Sicheng replied.

 

“Listen, do you want me to take the job or not?” Taeil asked, face close to Sicheng as the older lowered his face to meet Sicheng’s eyes.

 

Sicheng gulped seeing those dark pools stare back at him, lips mere centimeters and they are probably exchanging breathalready. “I d-do.” Sicheng stuttered and it made Taeil smirk.

 

“We’re not getting married.. yet.” Taeil responded as he straightened his clothes and walking back to the phone to call in his resignation.

 

Sicheng gasped at the realization, blushing and feeling his cheeks heated but he smiled nonetheless, it’ll be aninteresting turn of events.

 

“Hojong, call in Euijin and send in Jun to me ASAP.” Sicheng barked from the intercom and smiled as he watched Taeil explain his sudden resignation and his turn over schedule.

 

Once Taeil was done he released a sigh and turned to Sicheng who was psmiling happily. Taeil smiled at him and Sicheng just had to hug the older. “Thank you for considering the job.” Sicheng said and Taeil melted at the warmth Sicheng was radiating.

 

“I’m sure Jisung would be happy. Better prepare Peking duck.” Taeil responded and Sicheng laughed, the sound too pretty and angelic in Taeil’s ears.

 

 

---

 

Jaehyun was bubbly and skipped on his way out of his office making his officemates curious as to why their usually reserved and quiet accountant has been giddy all morning.

 

“Hey Jae.” Hani called and Jaehyun looked at the HR manager and smiled.

 

‘Yeah Noona?” Jaehyun asked back.

 

“You’re pretty bubbly today, what’s up?” Hani asked and Jaehyun grinned at her. She is the few girls who became his friend because the HR manager is already married and have kids of her own. She is someone Jaehyun can trust so he let her into his secret.

 

“I’m liking someone noona.” Jaehyun whispered and Hani grinned at him.

 

“Who is this lucky girl then?” Hani asked but Jaehyun shook his head. “A guy?” Hani asked and Jaehyun nodded. “oh, I didn’t know.” Hani smiled at him.

 

‘it’s just him.” Jaehyun said and Hani nodded.

 

“I gotta meet him then. If he’s stolen my precious dongsaeng’s heart, he must pass my judgment.” Hani winked making Jaehyun laugh.

 

“of course, you’ll love him.” Jaehyun remarked as he grabbed his keys, phone and wallet to head off for lunch. “Want anything noona?” Jaehyun asked and Hani nodded.

 

“Cream puffs!” She squealed and Jaehyun saluted.

 

--

Doyoung clicked the save button on his work then grabbed his stuff to make a run for it. Myungsoo raised a brow at his employee because Doyoung isn’t typically rushing to lunch. “Something came up?” Myungsoo asked and Doyoung bit his lip and nodded. “Emergency?” Myungsoo asked but Doyoung shook his head.

 

“It’s a lunch date.” Doyoung confessed because Myungsoo is a great guy and he won’t judge.

 

“Oh with Jaehyun-ssi? Wy didn’t you say so, runalong now.” Myungsoo chuckled and shoved the younger out.

 

“Thanks hyung!” Doyoung waved and out he went to drive out to their lunch date.

 

Doyoung walked inside the restaurant and Jaehyun was waving at him. They looked like they were doing a sappy drama shoot but hey, they were on their date alone without meddling kids who call the other appa but secretly finding it cute cause they are really like a family in that setting.

 

“Did you wait long?” Doyoung asked and Jaehyun shook his head.

 

‘I ordered for you if you don’t mind?” Jaehyun said and Doyoung nodded appreciatively. “How’s work?” Jaehyun asked an Doyoung told him the usual boring details.

 

“Work is just fine, I’m lookin through our pictures and it turned out really good. Myungsoo hyung was asking if ou are a model because you have a face for it.” Doyoung said and Jaehyun smiled wide revealing his dimples.

 

“Just a boring accountant. Oh Hani noona was asking about you.” Jaehyun informed him and Doyoung pouted at the mention of noona. ‘She’s married before you get any ideas and she’s Jeno’s godmother. She really wants what’s best for me.” Jaehyun said then took out his phone to dial someone’s number.

 

“Yah, Jae it’s lunch break!” the girl barked from the screen and JAehyun laughed.

 

“Hi noona, I want you to meet Doyoung.” Jaehyun said then moved Next to Doyoung so they could fit the screen. Doyoung bowed a bit and greeted when Hani squaled.

 

“Jae, he’s gorgeous. Keep him! Keep him!” Hani was acting like a fangirl making Jaehyun laugh and Doyoung a little scared.

 

“You’re scaring him noona.” Jaehyun glared and pouted at her.

 

“I’m sorry sweetheart. Anyway Doyoung, you better join us for the annual corporate Sportsfest.” Hani invited.

 

“Noona, it’s exclusive to families and..” Jaehyun spoke.

 

“Hush, aren’t ou two dating? Come on it’s in end of April, I am sure you’ve gotten together by then and Jeno would really want you to enjoy the activities without being paranoid and checking up on him twice in every 15 minutes.” Hani deadpanned then waved goodbye jut in time for the food to appear.

 

“So, a sportsfest?” Doyoung asked and Jaehyun nodded.

 

“eah, it’s a corporate activity where we play sports and stuff. We bring families along and the kids have their own mini Olympics sort of.” Jaehyun said and Doyoung smiled at him. “I can bring you and Donghyuck with me if you want to.” Jaehyun said and Doyoung pursed his lips before nodding.

 

“I’d love yo go as your plus one.” Doyoung replied and Jaehyun looked at him and saw Doyoung blushing.

 

“Did I hear that right?” Jaehyun asked and Doyoung nodded. “Then can I ask you for another date then? And another?” Jaehyun was trying to puh the boundaries here; it may have been a while since he last dated but he knows he still got something in him to get the guy he wants.

 

“We haven’t even started our current date.” Doyoung replied with a huff but Jaehyun can see that Doyoung was slowly letting his defenses go. “But I’d like that.” Doyoung said and they both ended up laughing at how awkward they may have looked, flirting may not suit them anymore.

 

“Can I court you then?” Jaehyun asked and Doyoung pouted at him.

 

‘And here I thought I was your fiancé already.” Doyoung replied and Jaehyun blinked at him before laughing.

 

“I’ll make it official one day.” Jaehyun said and Doyoung blushed harder.

 

“I’ll take you up on that.” Doyoung said and they enjoyed their lunch, sharing stories, holding hands and even kissing each other’s cheeks before they parted to return to their work.

 

 

----

 

Jungwoo was walking around his class and checking up on his kids when Jisung asked to go to the bathroom. Jungwoo would love to assist his student but leaving 11 other four year olds with paint is a catastrophe waiting to happen. He then asked Kun who was currently observing his students while they are playing in the school grounds to help him and Kun smiled and walked into the classroom to greet the kids and checked up on them.

 

‘Kun sensei!” Chenle called out and the teacher approached the kid and asked what was wrong. “Can you help me write love?” Chenle asked and Kun nodded. “in pinyin?” Chenle asked and Kun laughed.

 

“Sure, let me get some spare paper.” Kun took out some  clean paper and placed it on the table. He then guided Chenle’s hand to draw the brush across the blank piece, per until they finished the character.

 

The first try was of course sloppy and off looking but they did a couple more tries and it was at least presentable. When ungwoo returned, Chenle ran up to him and handed the paper to him explaining that Kun sensei helped him write it.

 

“What is it?” Jungwoo asked and Chenle pointed to Kun to explain.

 

Kun walked towards Jungwoo then pointed to the character. “This part means heart, and these parts mean action. This entire character means love.” Kun explained and Jungwoo smiled at him with sparkling eyes.

 

“That is so cool ge!” Jungwoo said and Chenle chuckled seeing how cute their teachers are together.

 

“Kun sensei!” Renjun called out from the field and Kun looked at Mark who had scraped a knee and Lucas who had wound on his arm.

 

“I better go.” Kun said and waved to the class and left to attend to his kids.

 

 

Jungwoo sighed watching his senior attend to his kids while he instructed the kids to clean up.

 

Kun found Mark and lucas in tears and led all his children back to their rooms then took out the first aid from the closet to treat both kids’ wounds. “What happened?” Kun asked and both Lucas and Mark were not answering. Kun stared at the other kids and it was Donghyuck who spoke.

 

“I was climbing a tree and they tried to stop me. Mark hyung and Lucas hyung saved me from falling.” Donghyuck said and he was starting to cry but Kun opened his arms to give the kid a hug then finished treating the kids, giving them bandages with pokemon designs.

 

“Let me kiss them away.” Donghyuck blurted out and soon was kissing Luca’s band aid clad scrape then Mark’s scraped knee before kissing his cheeks.

 

Lucas squealed like he had seen a jumpscare scene while Renjun and JAemin giggled. Jeno pouted though, pulling Donghyuck to reprimand the younger saying that Doyoung appa may not like it if he got himself a boyfriend first before ther fathers even got together. Kun raised a brow at the whispering toddlers but shrugged it off as he helped the kids pack up.

 

Yuta came to pick up Renjun as usual, the earliest of the single fathers to arrive, and he brought with him a soccer ball for the kids to play with while they wait fo their fathers to pick them up.

 

“Usagi!” Yuta lifted his son and Jaemin pouted, he wanted to be lifted too. ‘Ah, Koinu what’s wrong?” Yuta asked.

 

“I wanted to be lifted too oji!” Jaemin said and Yuta laughed as he took the kid and lifted him high.

 

“You’ve got pet names? Unfair!” Jeno whined and Yuta blinked as the other five kids were demanding him to give them petnames.

 

“Okay line up so I can think” Yuta said with a laugh and the kids did as they were told. Yuta looked at them and pointed at them one by one. “Mark looks like a lion, raionnoko.” Yuta said and Mark roared. “Jeno looks like a fluffy bear! Koguma!” Yuta said and Jeno smiled at him. “Lucas, fierce tiger, Toranoko!” Yuta said then looked at Donghyuck. “A beautiful swan! Hakucho!” Yuta said and Donghyuck bowed at him gracefully. And our baby chick, Hiyoko.” Uta patted Jisung’s head and the boy smiled and hugged his leg.

 

“Soccer!” Lucas then shouted and they all split into 2 groups of four with Lucas, Chenle, Jaemin and Jisung on one team and Mark, Donghyuck, Renjun and Jeno on the other team.

 

Yuta blew the whistle and kids made a run for it, laughing at each other as they expend their last boost of energy for the day.

 

 

Johnny went to pick up Mark and Lucas an hour later and the two ran towards him like a moth to a fire. Johnny saluted to Yuta who he got acquainted recently. Johnny noticed the band aids and raised a brow at the two kids when Kun approached them and explained the situation, taking full blame for what happened to both kids. Johnny nodded and thanked him for treating the kids and assuring him that it was unavoidable and it happens. Johnny informed him that he’ll be taking Lucas as well explaining that he’ll meet Ten and look at a primary school and Kun wished them luck.

 

Jungwoo and Kun walked towards the faculty room when Jungwoo apologized for what happened but Kun shrugged it off because it was his responsibility not Jungwoo’s. “I asked you to look after the kids.” Jungwoo argued but Kun just laughed at it.

 

“Sometimes, kids to scrape their knees and bump their heads to learn.” Kun told the younger who smiled at the wise words of the older.

 

“woah, Kun-ge you are so daebak!” Jungwoo remarked making Kun laugh at him.

 

 

---

 

Johnny looked at the boys disappointedly but sighed because kids have to tumble and fall to learn the gritty way of life. He led them to the bus station and Lucas was excited to try riding public transportation for the first time. He was all wide eyes and smiled and greeted the driver who greeted back with a cheerful smile.

 

“Yours?” The old man asked and Johnny smiled.

 

‘this guy right here is mine, and this fellow is my friend’s son.” Johnny replied then made his way towards the back to find a seat for the two kids.

 

The drive was uneventful lest for the excited chatter from Lucas who was fascinated with the new route they are taking. They reached the bus stop and Lucas waved at the driver before hopping down the bus. Johnny then led them inside the school gate with the guard waving at them. They waited for Ten at the lobby and Johnny was entertaining the kids by looking at the display cabinet full of medals and trophies.

 

“Sorry I’m late.” Ten greeted them and Lucas immediately ran to his father to greet him.

 

“Let’s go?” Johnny asked and Ten nodded then walked up to Johnny who took a brochure from the registrar and handed it to Ten.

 

They walked towards the primary school wing and Ten noticed that the school was large but accommodating. There are various classrooms and facilities like a gym for their PE, auditorium for events and even a swimming pool. They passed by a bulletin board and Tencooed at the cute uniforms the children were wearing.

 

“Dad!” Mark pointed and chuckled as they all looked at the picture of the teachers divided per division. Johnny wasstanding at the back of the group and was rigid looking.

 

‘Hey, don’t laugh at me.” Johnny teased his son with tickles.

 

“Uncle Johnny is so tall!” Lucas remarked and Johnny tousled the boy’s hair.

 

 

Johnny then led them towards the gym when he noticed Ten’s difficulty in walking and slight limping. Johnny confronted Ten and the younger sighed and gave in, confessing that his knee was hurting. Johnny frowned and clicked his tonguge before deciding to lift Ten bridal style towards the infirmary nearby. Ten protested but Johnny was big and storng while his knees are hurting him badly. They passed by the gym where Hyunwoo just finished with his middle school class and inquired about the situation.

 

“Uncle Ten is injured.” Mark answered and Hyunwoo smiled and held on to the two kids as they went to the infirmary.

 

Hyunwoo studied sports science and a coach for the basketball team. He dances as well with his stage name Shownu so when Hyunwoo and Ten saw each other face to face, both were surprised and laughed it off.

 

“I didn’t know you teach.” Ten remarked.

 

“I don’t like the type.” Hyunwoo answered as he checked Ten’s knee. “You need to have this checked, there have been tremendous pressure on your knees and swelling will not die down if you treat it properly and rest it.” Hyunwoo said and Lucas cried all of the sudden.

 

“Is papa going to die?” Lucaas blurted out but Johnny took hold of the crying boy and comforted him. “Uncle Johnny protect my papa!” Lucas begged and Johnny held him tighter.

 

“Oh your son?” Hyunwoo asked and Ten sighed.

 

“Yeah, but he’s taken a liking to Johnny.” Ten confessed.

 

“Am I missing something here?” hyunwoo eyed his co-teacher and his dancer friend.

 

“None at the moment.” Johnny shrugged.

 

“It’s okay if you two are dating, I don’t mind it actually.” Hyunwoo chuckled as he took out his phone to show Johnny a picture of him and his husband Kihyun with their 7 year old son Changkyun.

 

“Does the principal know?” Johnny inquired.

 

“Yeah, this school is fairly open to LGBT and their children. The principal was really glad when I told him during the interview.” Hyunwoo chuckled. ‘Anyway, you need to have your knees checked okay?” Hyunwoo said then turned to Lucas. ‘Your papa will be okay don’t worry.” Hyunwoo smiled and Lucas thanked him.

 

Johnny glared at Ten. Why would the dancer not take care of himself? “What did you do?” Johnny asked but Ten was quiet.

 

“Uncle Ten.” Mark climbed up the bed and wrapped his arms around the older. “We don’t want you gone!” Mark was tearing up as well.

 

“I’m not dying.” Ten the boy’s head and sighed. He looked at Lucas’ tear stained face then at Johnny’s stern face.  “I may have overexerted myself on the rink.” Ten confessed and Johnny sighed.

 

“You’re very stubborn.” Johnny commented. “Who will take care of Lucas if you get seriously injured? What will you do when you can no longer dance? Why are you wreckless?” Johnny asked and both children tightened their hold on their respective adults, scared at the sudden tension.

 

“I did it because I wanted to impress you!” Ten blurted out his answer and Johnny’s breath hitched. “I wanted you and Mark to like me, and be proud of me.” Ten felt tears fell from his eyes and he quickly wiped it off. “I just had that feeling  I can’t explain it. I’ve never felt like this before, I just wanted you to focus on me, only me.” Ten trailed off and Johnny carried Lucas and sat next to Ten.

 

He then pulled the dancer towards his body and rubbed his arm. “I’m sorry Ten, I didn’t mean to shout at you.” Johnny said then placed a kiss on Ten’s temple. “I understand how you feel, believe me I do. I want you to focus on me too.” Johnny said then Ten looked at Johnny with teary eyes. “I believe this feeling is mutual.” Johnny smiled and Ten laughed as he let his body fell on Johnny’s chest. “We need to have you checked up.” Johnny said and Ten sighed but agreed. “I’m driving.” Johnny said and Ten just agreed.

 

“Are we having sleepovers?” Lucas inquired.

 

“Maybe.” Johnny answered and Ten laughed. “Come on, we need to set an appointment.” Johnny coerced the three and they left the infirmary.

 

“I’ve already set the appointment at 6:30pm, Hyunwoo-ssi asked me to do it.” The infirmary burse informed Johnny and handed him a slip of paper with the hospital name and the doctor’s name.

 

Johnny thanked him and the four of them left to get to their appointment.

 

--------

a/n:

 

okay look at how things are getting along. Yes Taeil did agree to be Sicheng’s PA because our Top Taeil will not allow some director trash talk his beloved.

Hani is quite a character but I love her in weekly idol so let’s just have her be the friendly noona to help Jeno ship his father. And yes, Dojae are flirting quite nicely.

 

Kun and Jungwoo are getting there, eventually.

 

If you’ve noticed, Hyunwoo is from Monsta X. Ten and Shownu had a special performance before so I decided to add him up in there. Most dancer idols that I know of will probably appear in here because i like collabs once in a while.

 

Ten is injured because how could you not correct me when I forced Ten to skate off with Sicheng when the premise was Ten having a knee injury T.T Don’t worry about it too much, it actually worked on my favor.

 

And how did you like the kid’s petnames? Big shout out to my sis Cellyne and to Yuki9295 for suggesting some pet names.

 

 ---- 
Talk to me: 
main twitter account,
NCT spazz account where I update my NCT related FF
Curious cat
Askfm