Can You Feel The Love Tonight?

Dream Kindergarten

A/n: THIS would probably be the end.

 

 

-----

 

“Where are we going?” Renjun asked as he rubbed sleep off from his eyes.

 

“Gotta buy gift for Jeno!” Yuta informed his son.

 

 

“We didn’t buy one at Japan.” Renjun pouted.

 

 

“We could give Jeno the wand you won junnie!”  Jaemin said and pointed to the wand and scarf that Renjun did won at a game in Harry Potter attraction in Universal Studios.

 

 

“But we’ll go and buy him some more gifts okay?” Yuta informed the two kids who nodded. “Let’s get you cleaned up and go to the store!” Yuta said and the two boys nodded and went to get cleaned up and changed.

 

They went to the mall and looked for toys but Taeyong suggested to get school supplies because they are essentially entering grade school and they don’t have their supplies yet. They walked inside the department store and went towards the bag section, picking out a pair of comfortable back packs for Jaemin and Renjun. Renjun gravitated to the moomin designd while Jaemin went for the ryan themed ones. This made both Yuta and Taeyong chuckle at how cute their kids were behaving, excited at the characters that they loved most.

 

 

“Dada!” Jaemin chirped, holding the yellow bag with the face of Ryan.

 

 

“Of course Nana!” Taeyong agreed almost intantly, he would give the moon and stars for his son if the younger asked.

 

 

“Touchan!” Renjun squeaked, holding his moomin bag and Yuta indulged his son, and he would give him the universe If he can do so.

 

“There is a special discount if you buy the set which has a bag, pencil case and a lunch bag.” A salesperson informed them and the toddler’s eyes went super wide and then turned to their parents who would never be able to say no to them.

 

 

“We’ll take it.” Taeyong declared and she bowed and assisted them in their purchase.

 

 

“You have such lovely kids, please enjoy your bag and study hard!” She said after the purchases were rang.

 

 

‘We will, thank you!” Both Renjun and Jaemin thanked her and bowed before they held their father’s hands happily. 

 

 

“thank you.” Yuta told her and then led his family towards the stationaries to pick up some pencils to put on the pencil cases.

 

“We should get those matching pencils so Jeno and Jisung can match us!” Renjun said and Jaemin ran to the pencil sections and searched for matching ones while Renjun went to get crayons for him and Jaemin.

 

 

“They are really invested in this, want to get Jeno an actual gift?” Taeyong nudged and Yuta laughed but nodded.

 

They went to get Jeno some shirts that the boy could use and then waited for their kids who had an assortment of school supplies but hey, 1st grade is such a huge milestone, so they gave in and bought them all sorts of things.

 

 

By lunch time, they bumped into Ten and Johnny who were also going to shop for Lucas and Mark’s school supplies. They ended going to lunch as a group and Yuta’s eyes eyed the ring on Ten’s finger. “IT’s beautiful!” Yuta remarked and Ten giggled.

 

“It is, but the one who gave it matters more.” Ten said, giving Johnny the heart eyes.

 

 

“What about you two?” Johnny asked and the two looked at each other then grinned.

 

 

“We got engaged!” Yuta announced and Ten smiled wide.

 

 

“Congratulations!” Ten was happy for his friend.

 

 

“But Taeyong proposed out of a whim so we got to exchange with earrings instead of rings.” Yuta shrugged.

 

 

“It’s cute! That’s really new and unique.” Johnny remarked.

 

 

‘I’m still buying a ring for Yuta.” Taeyong assured them.

 

 

‘Like I said, I prefer these earrings.” Yuta pouted.

 

 

“It’s just, let me do it okay? I really want to give you a ring.” Taeyong pouted back.

 

“Gross.” Ten guffawed and Johnny tried to hold in his laughter but ended up laughing hard as well.

 

 

----

 

Doyoung was stressed to the highest level and Jaehyun was holding in his laughter while he stirred the pasta that they will be serving for the party. “Doie, the place is clean, come here and help me cook instead.” Jaehyun called out and Doyoung pouted but went to the kitchen to help Jaehyun prepare the food. “Why are you so stressed?” Jaehyun hugged Doyoung and the older relaxed as he felt the warmth envelope him.

 

 

“It’s Jeno’s first birthday celebration here.” Doyoung confessed and Jaehyun kissed the frown away.

 

 

“It will be okay. Jeno will love it either way.” Jaehyun assured him and Doyoung relaxed into his arms. “I would love to cuddle but we have to cook for our guests.” Jaehyun said and Doyoung reluctantly pulled his body off of his fiance and wore an apron.

 

 

The door bell rang at around 10 am and Doyougn welcomed Yuta and Taeyong along with their kids. The two dropped by earlier to help out with the decorations and cooking to thank both Doyoung and Jaehyun for helping them out last month. Jeno was so happy to see Renjun and Donghyck rolled his eyes and pulled Renjun away from Jeno to give him a hug; Jaemin just laughed and gave both friends a hug each.

 

 

“So, you got a house?” Jaehyun asked Taeyong who nodded.

 

 

“Just moved in but we’re slowly making it our home.” Taeyong answered with  gooy grin and Jaehyun had to laugh.

 

 

“I am happy for you! You’ve been through a lot hyung, and Yuta hyung is a good match for you, you looked happier.” Jaehyun remarked and Taeyong had the audacity to blush.

 

 

“I am Jaehyun, I really am happier with Yuta and Renjun in my life. Jaemin seemed to be happier too.” Taeyong said and Jaehyun nodded at that. “You got engaged?” Taeyong asked and Jaehyun smiled and nodded.

 

 

“Yeah, proposed to Doyoungie already, god it felt so good.” Jaehyun exclaimed.

 

 

“I know what you feel.” Taeyong smiled at him.

 

 

“You got engaged too?” Jaehyun asked and Taeyong nodded, showing of his earrings.

 

 

“It was spontaneous so we didn’t have rings, but an earring can suffice for now.” Taeyong said and Jaehyun nodded. “What about you? How did it happen?” Taeyong asked and Jaehyun grinned at him.

 

 

“Well  Mira popped out of nowhere.” Jaehyun started and Taeyong immediately frowned hearing the cursed name. “But Doyoung just called Chelsea and threatened Mira to sue her, gosh Doyoung’s girls are really a force to reckon with.” Jaehyun finished and Taeyong was amused.

 

 

“Doyoung’s girls?” Taeyong inquired and Jaehyun nodded.

 

 

“Doyoung and his ex-wife, Naera, are still in contact and they have a pretty good civil relationship with each other for the sake of their children. It’s quite fascinating how they both work to be honest, but they are really couple goals.” Jaehyun chuckled. ‘And Chelsea is Naera’s partner, the girl is a lawyer and drives a Harley.” Jaehyun added.

 

 

“Woah, awesome!” Taeyong exclaimed, he himself has a lot of respect for women, given that he has his own sister and meeting Yuta’s sister who is amazing as well, not to mention their moms. ‘So you’re really taking this to court?” Taeyong asked and Jaehyun nodded.

 

 

“Gotta do it for Jeno.” Jaehyun said and Taeyong understood that completely.

 

 

---

 

Doyoung and Yuta were hanging streamers while the kids were watching some animation on the television. Yuta noticed the ring on Doyoung’s finger and he grinned at the younger.

 

“You got engaged! Congratulations!” Yuta said and Doyoung blushed and laughed.

 

“Yeah. Figured out that I deserve happiness too.” Doyoung shrugged and Yuta smiled wide at that.

 

 

“You totally deserve it.” Yuta told him and handed over the string to hang the polaroid pictures of Jeno alone and with his family.

 

 

“This just feels surreal you know. We barely knew each other the past month but now, we are all getting engage faster than our kids entering primary school.” Doyoung chuckled and tat made Yuta full on laugh.

 

 

“Maybe it’s Lady Fate’s got tired of our single butts and decided to take matters into her own hands.” Yuta joked and Doyoung laughed along. “I really want to thank you for the pictures, they were so lovely.” Yuta commented. ‘I want to have a larger print out to display at the living room, is that possible?” Yuta asked and Doyoung nodded.

 

 

“No problem. Just tell me what picture.” Doyoung answered.

 

 

‘Ah, I want us to wear kimonos and hanbok if that’s okay?” Yuta said and a smile bloomed on Doyoung’s face.

 

 

‘Absolutely! Man, Myungsoo hyung would love that concept!” Doyoung remarked.

 

 

---

 

The people started to arrive around 3 pm, with Taeil and Sicheng being the first ones to arrive with Jisung immediately being hugged by both Jaemin and Donghyuck while Chenle laughing loudly as he bounded to Jeno to give him his gift.

 

 

“it’s not expensive I promise.” Taeil assured Doyoung who eyed the expensive looking wrapper.

 

 

“Make yourselves at home, and do you want me to set up the karaoke?” Doyoung asked and Taeil nodded.

 

“Gotta show off these vocals to my fiance.” Taeil said smugly making Sicheng roll his eyes.

 

 

“I already heard  your vocals.” Sicheng replied but smiled at Doyoung.

 

 

“Oh Sicheng, your speech had improved a whole lot!” Doyoung remarked and Sicheng smiled at him.

 

 

“That’s all Taeil hyung’s hard work.” Sicheng praised his fiance.

 

 

“Don’t be modest, you worked hard on it Sicheng.” Taeil remarked and that made Sicheng blush a little.

 

 

“You two are so cute.” Doyoung deadpanned and Taeil lightly slapped him.

 

“No violence in this house!” Jaehyun shouted from the kitchen and they all laughed.

 

 

“you take beautiful photographs Doyoung hyung.” Sicheng remarked and Doyoung thanked him.

 

 

“We should get our family portrait.” Taeil suggested and Sicheng smiled and nodded.

 

 

“That would be lovely.” Sicheng replied.

 

 

Johnny and Ten came in a little after 3pm and the house went from loud to louder as Lucas and Chenle talked like they hadn’t seen each other in forever. Jeno was laughing and enjoying the company of his friends while the karaoke set up blasted pop songs and at some point, the kids were dancing to it in a blur of chaos and laughters.

 

 

“Brought the cake.” Johnny handed it to Jaehyun who was grateful that his friend offered to fetch it.

 

“Thanks hyung.!” Jaehyun smiled, revealing his dimples.

 

 

There wasn’t a program perse as the birthday was just them gathering and catching up but when Kun and Jungwoo came with Chengxiao, things turned into a family feud sort of. Despite the only girl in the room, Chengxiao was all bubbly and happy to meet friends that she could play with and that brought wide smiles from her proud parents.

 

“She’s really pretty.” Jaehyun remarked and Kun thanked him.

 

 

“Appa!” Jeno called out and Jaehyun picked up his son who giggled and kissed him on the cheek. “Thank you!” Jeno said and it almost made Jaehyun cry, almost because he had to keep up the manly look.

 

 

“When will be break this thing?” Johnny asked and Jaehyun laughed and took one of the mics and placed Jeno down.

 

 

“Ring it, we’ll have a singing contest.” Jaehyun announced and Kun translated it for chengxiao.

 

 

Can I sing too?” Chengxiao asked and Kun nodded.

 

 

“Jaehyun, can Changxiao sing first?” Kun asked and Jaehyun nodded.

 

 

“Sure, but I don’t know if we have Chinese songs in here.”  Jaehyun said and handed her the microphone.

 

 

I know an English song! Disney!” Chengxiao turned to Kun. “A whole New World!” She chirped and Jaehyun smiled and input the number.

 

 

“You need a partner, can I sing with you?” Jaehyun asked and after Kun translating it, Chengxiao nodded and smiled at Jaehyun.

 

 

As the song played, Jaehyun sang in perfect tone and he looked at Chengxiao to encourage her to sing her best. They weren’t prepared for her voice and that made Jungwoo shed tears as he looked at her happily sing, a skill curtailed because it was deemed useless in their status.

 

 

Chengjie!!! You are awesome!”  Chenle was jumping up and down and congratulating her.

 

 

Thank you!” She was genuinely happy and the rest of the kids hugged and praised her while she indulged herself in the happiness it brought her.

 

 

“You did amazing!” Doyoung whispered into Jaehyun’s ears and kissed his cheek.

 

 

“Well that set the bar.” Ten laughed and grabbed the microphone from Jaehyun. “Johnny put in Justin Beiber!” Ten shouted and upon hearing the singer’s name, Lucas asked for the mic from Chengxiao and joined his father to sing the song.

 

 

Johnny guffawed at how competitive his fiance was but as the song started and Ten started singing, pointing to Johnny as his baby, Johnny composed himself and joined Ten as they danced like silly thirteen year olds. Lucas enjoyed himself and even Mark joined in the fun as he danced a little. The others cheered and that was enough to make Ten and Lucas belt it out like nobody’s business.

 

“Mark Seo!” Ten screamed and Mark rapped to it fluidly, with Lucas joining mid stanza.

 

Johnny decided that he’ll contribute so the last chorus, he was singing along as Ten did adlibs. At the end of the song, everyone cheered and applauded them.

 

“That was something!” Jaehyun wolf whistled.

 

“Brace yourself then.” Taeyong walked towards Ten to get the mic and then threw the other to Yuta who caught it expertly.

 

 

Yuta then punched the codes for their song and they grinned at each other, it was a One OK Rock song. Jaemin and Renjun joined their parents and Yuta handed the microphone to Renjun who was happy and shared it with Jaemin. The song blasted and they all jammed to it while Yuta went closer to Taeyong to share the microphone. Yuta was about to sing but Renjun started singing. Yuta smiled and encouraged his son who then pointed to him to sing the pre-chorus. Yuta belted out the notes and it impressed Taeyong who was holding his waist. They all sang the chorus and everyone cheered for them.

 

 

But the surprise came when Taeyong sang the second stanza in Japanese while Yuta grinned proudly at his fiance. Jaemin carried on with the help of Renjun for the pre-chorus and the family continued to jam into the song. Renjun proved to be the vocalist that he was and both Taeyong and Yuta were proud as Renjun belted out the notes in perfect tone. Their performances brought applause from everyone.

 

 

“Move along.” Taeil suddenly strutted and Chenle walked in next to him.

 

“Oh please.” Sicheng rolled his eyes but grabbed the mic that Renjun handed to him.

 

“Hit it DJ!” Taeil pointed to Doyoung who laughed and placed the song on cue.

 

 

The song is a romantic one popularized by Taylor Swift and Sicheng glared at Taeil but started singing which madde the older grin. Chenle started singing the chorus while dancing silly and Jisung joined him, bouncing like they were on sugar rush. Taeil sang the second stanza, shaking his body like he’s really into it which made everyone laugh including Sicheng. Jisung took over the chorus and they all cheered as the four sang their hearts out. They anced during the interlude and gave it to Chenle to sing the bridge, passing it off to Taeil for the higher notes who belted it out effortlessly.

 

You belong with me!” Taeil sang the last line in Chinese making Sicheng blush and Kun laughing loudly.

 

 

“Who taught you that?” Sicheng hissed but a quick kiss from Taeil pacified him.

 

 

Jeno and Donghyuck walked to the center and Sicheng gladly gave the microphone to them, Chenle passing his own to them as well.

 

 

“Please tell me it’s not breaking free!” Johnny remarked but a grin from both Doyoung and Jaehyun made him groan. “Great, Jaehyun found his gabriella.” Johnny exclaimed and everyone laughed.

 

 

But it was a perfect song for them, because they are breaking free and starting their lives together. Donghyuck merely pulled Jeno to the side after they handed the mics to them and let their parents enjoy their moment. Doyoung and Jaehyun made eye contact and as they sang, each word was sang with deep rooted emotions that are meant for their other half. Their voices were beautiful on their own but together, it was a perfect harmony. Everyone, kept silent, holding their respective other halfs close to their bodies and maybe planted a kiss or two on their cheeks.

 

 

Jaehyun got lost in the eyes of Doyoung who showed so much love and he smile so wide that his dimples showed itself. Doyoung had tears in his eyes but it was because of the love that they feel for each other and as the last chorus came, Doyoung and Jaehyun picked up their kids and they twirled around the room. Donghyuck and Jeno took over and sang the last part and everyone clapped and cheered for them as they finished.

 

 

“I am not sure we can top that.” Kun laughed as he took the mic but Jungwoo was confident.

 

 

‘We are all in love here, please.” Jungwoo said and everyone laughed.

 

 

The song was a Disney song as well because it seemed that Chengxiao knows it most. Jungwoo started and his voice was calm and full emotions. This made the emotions rise and Kun urged them to pair up and dance along to the song. They did and it looked like a prom night, each parent picking up their sons and they huddled, blissfully in love and happily together.

 

 

Kun picked up Chengxiao and kissed her cheek before he sang the second stanza then turned to Jungwoo to look at him in the eye as he sang his lines, to let him feel the love he has for him, and for their daughter. Jungwoo took Chengxiao and kissed her cheek before snuggling up to Kun as they too swayed in time with the music. Their voices meld together as they sing the last chorus, with Chengxiao joining in soflty, and they felt that this was where they were all supposed to be, in each other’s arms, in their homes composed of the persons they loved the most.

 

 

They were all overwhelmed after the song, and they were wiping tears away from their faces, kissing each other and saying I love you’s.

“I can’t believe we ended up crying! This is Jeno’s birthday not a highschool graduation!” Doyoung hissed but without bite.

 

 

“Thank you papa.” Jeno hugged him tightly and tears began to form again.

 

 

‘Now I think it’s time for cake!” Jaehyun announced amidst wiping the tears off of his face.

 

 

The cake was brought out and Jeno closed his eyes as he thanked God for this family he received rather than wish for anything else, because he knew, this is how it felt to be complete. He blew out his candles and gave both Jaehyun and Doyoung kisses on their cheeks after he thanked them.

 

The party continued with food, lots of food, and catching up. The kids ate heartily while the parents fussed over them, because toddlers their age can be messy and wreckless. Chengxiao was enjoying herself as she sat on Jungwoo’s lap and Kun feeding her happily. Kun was also feeding Jungwoo who was happy to be babied by his fiance.

 

“We all got engaged.” Ten eyed the people around the dinner table who all nodded. “What are the odds right?” He laughed and took a glass of soda and lifted it up. The kids followed, grabbing their cups as well before their fathers could and it earned laughter from the adults who lifted their cups as well. “TO everyone.” Ten toasted and everyone clanked their cups and took sips.

 

 

“Love is truly felt here tonight huh?” Kun joked and Jungwoo laughed.

 

“Ge!” He giggled and everyone eyed them and laughed a long.

 

 

‘Don’t make jokes please.” Sicheng glared at his cousin.

 

 

“About that, your’e cousins?” Johnny asked and the two nodded.

 

 

“it’s a long story I would prefer to tell when the kids are asleep.” Kun answered and Johnny winked at him.

 

 

“Got it.” Johnny laughed and Ten shoved him softly.

 

 

“You’re flirting in front of my spaghetti?” Ten gasped out.

 

 

“No, why would i?” Johnny relied with a straight face and another round of laughter erupted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

songs used:

 

Jaehyun x Chengxiao – a Whole New World

Johnten with Mark and Lucas – Baby by Justin Beiber

Yutae with Jaemin and Renjun – Stand out Fit in by One OK Rock

WinIl with Chenle and Jisung –  You Belong with me by Taylor Swift

DOjae  with Donghyuck and Jeno – Breaking Free (HSM OST)

KunWoo with Chengxiao – Can you feel the love tonight by Elton John

 

 

I don’t know about you but ever since I was young, I always cry when Can You Feel The love Tonight was played either in movies or radio. The song just had a lot of emotions and it is a masterpiece whether it is used a themesong for lion king or just being played as a song for dances/proms.

 

And who listened to it while writing this update? Yes me.

 

1 more chapter to go.. gosh this is making me really emotional.