Vision

Dream Kindergarten

a/n: this is the end everyone ^^ Thank you for staying with me until the end!

 

 

---

It was a week before the opening of the school term and Doyoung found himself and his co-workers in a rush to get ID pictures taken. Though amidst the chaos, Doyoung had put on word with Myungsoo to accommodate his friends on Saturday for some family portrait and engagement photos. Myungsoo nodded happily, seeing that Doyoung’s friends are photogenic and the pictures can be posted on their website. He was excited to take Yuta and Taeyong’s photos because they are going to wear Kimonos and hanbok as well as eager to meet Sicheng and Kun, the wealthy Chinese businessmen could be an asset to their company in the long run. With that settled, he looked forward to block of the date to spend more time with his family and friends before the kids trot of to grade school.

 

 

 

 

Lucas was pouting as he sat on the bar stool while Johnny helped Ten pack his lunch. It was a week before school but his dad was already going back. “But Dad!” Lucas whined because he really wanted to spend more time with him.

“Lucas, your dad needs to go to work.” Ten reprimanded his son.

 

“Don’t wory baby, I’ll be back by 5pm and we can play with your favorite trucks.” Johnny bargained.

 

“But it’s not the same without you dad!” Lucas whined.

 

“You don’t want to play with me?” Mark entered the kitchen and Lucas shook his head. “I am hurt. Papa, Lucas doesn’t like me!” Mark whined to Ten who chuckled but then glared at Lucas.

 

 

“Sweetheart, I need to work for us to be able to afford that vacation to Chicago.” Johnny reminded Lucas who sighed.

 

 

“Okay.” Lucas said then beckoned Mark. “Sorry. Want to play with my trucks?” Lucas offered and Mark nodded.

 

 

“You’re gonna be late.” Ten said and Johnny kissed him before leaving.

 

 

Johnny took the bus to school since they are still working on the paperwork for the new car they’ll be purchasing. It’s on their to do list and they’ll acquire it probably next month once Johnny gets his pay slip and certificate of employment.

 

Johnny greeted their admin when he passed by and then to his co-teachers who he will be working on for the next school year. The first day is usually the orientation and handing out of class schedules but this year, their principal would be retiring so they will be meeting the replacement principal. There were rumors that the school was bought over the summer but Johnny would not believe any of it unless proven.

 

Principal Choi entered the room along with a younger man who carried himself confidently. Johnny blinked a couple of times but his eyes were not playing trick on him, it was definitely Kun. Principal Choi bowed to thank everyone who had taught along side him and then introduced Kun as the new Principal of the school following the acquisition of the school by the Wen and Dong holdings, a company that Kun’s father owned.

 

 

“I know this seems a bit scary for everyone but rest assured that I will be keeping the norm with a few modifications of my own. Principal Choi had done so well with the school and that I will not be able to match, however, I would like to prove myself to everyone that I am capable to be your principal.” Kun said and bowed, earning applause from the faculty. “I do not have managerial experiences despite being the son of a businessman but I do have a heart and mind of an educator as I have worked in the academe for years now.  So please allow me to ask for my friend’s assistance, Mr. Seo, if you could step forward.” Kun called out and Johnny gaped at him while the rest of the faculty either cheered him on or were confused of the situation.

 

 

Johnny walked up to Kun and Principal Choi shook his hands. “I personally recommended you to Mr. Qian.” Principal Choi said and Johnny was even more confused.

 

 

“Mr. Seo will be my vice principal and will help me in leading the school.” Kun said and everyone applauded, Johnny deserved the promotions. “following this, I have a few changes to implement and I hope everyone sees this is fit for the school.” Kun said and told them to have their seats, Johnny sitting next to him. “I do understand that this school accepts students regardless of their parents’ orientation, and I would like to keep that. I’d like to be honest with everyone, I have a male fiancé and he is a teacher as well. He’ll be working with us next year since he is invested n learning Mandarin and help out our adopted daughter adjust to the Korean environment.” Kun smiled and looked around the room who seems to have accepted him. “It is important that we keep this fostering environment to give our children their deserved education without fear of being bullied for being different. Do I have teachers who have the same status as mine?” He asked and almost half raised their hands. “Thank you for beng honest with me, I will not hinder your happiness and I do hope that although we don’t encourage our students to follow us, but support them in their state of confusion. I hope you understand that.” He said and everyone nodded.

 

 

 

“Moving along, we would be taking in scholars for the school to be funded by the Wen and Dong holdings. The aim of the program is to provide the best education for deserving students, as poverty isn’t an excuse to lose such great minds. We will be selecting 10 students each year who will be fully compensated and we will go from there. My fiancé would be spearheading this so I hope you will support this endeavor to help our community through education.” He announced and everyone clapped at the announcement.

 

 

Kun laid out a few more changes, of accepting younger age brackets that passed acceleration exams, to language and art programs, including dance, photography, music and paintings as electives for higher grade levels. This was perceived well and Kun smiled happily, his vision for a well rounded education system will be fulfilled.  They held a party in honor of Principal Choi’s retirement, with food being catered by Sicheng’s restaurant. The lunch was festive and the school seemed to be aligned with Kun’s vision.

 

After Lunch, Johnny and Kun said goodbye to Principal Choi and then returned to Kun’s office. Johnny glared at kun but it held no weight and laughed a minute later as he sat on the chair across Kun. “You are a sneaky one.” Johnny pointed a ffinger at Kun who merely smiled.

 

 

“Well, if Sicheng and I could hide our relationship then this too.” Kun said and laughed as well. “I know that you are planning to get a car on your own Johnny and as part of the benefit package of your promotions, you will be receiving a car plan.” Kun informed him and Johnny was about to protest. “Now before you say anything, the plan is 50-50, the school will be paying 50% of it and the other half can be salary deducted. It is a way to show that we value your work as an educator, and Principal Choi had nothing but praises for you.” Kun said and Johnny was overwhelmed. “I did not tell him that I know you but he straight away recommended you when I asked for candidates to the position. He also gave me the feedbacks from your students, you are an amazing teacher Johnny, and I admire that.” Kun said and Johnny tried not to cry.

 

 

“It means a lot you know, to be acknowledged for something you do passionately. I love teaching.” Johnny said and Kun nodded.

 

 

“I won’t take that away from you, I believe you play the piano?” Kun asked and Johnny nodded. “Something we do have in common Johnny.” Kun pointed out. “You can still teach piano and English to some slots if you want, I don’t want your passion to be lost in admin work.” Kun said and Johnny smiled to that.

 

 

“Can I teach photography too?” He asked and Kun nodded, something that we share again.” Kun smiled at him.

 

 

“For the new positions, do we have candidates?” Johnny asked and Kun nodded.

 

 

“You’ll be pleasantly surprised to the roster that I have in mind.

 

 

 

 

-----

 

“What is the occasion?” Ten asked as Johnny went to pick up his family from the studio and they took a drive downtown.

 

 

“I just got promoted and we will be choosing a car today!” Johnny said and Ten beamed him a wide smile and kissed him.

 

 

 

“You did?” Oh my goodbess congratulations!” Ten was absolutely happy because Johnny deserves this promotion.

 

 

They ended up picking a car to fit their growing family and the two boys were buzzing as they were strapped on their seats for a test drive. Johnny had given the letter Kun provided him and the representative led him to the counter to sign the needed documents. They will get the car in a week.

 

 

 

---

When they got an invite to have dinner at Kun’s house mansion, they were all excited to come. Chengxiao was beaming when they saw them trickle in one by one and Jungwoo was equally happy to lead them inside the spacious house.

 

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll need to have children of our own so this place will be filled with kids.” Jungwoo informed them.

 

 

“You’re planning to get children?” Doyoung asked and Jungwoo nodded.

 

 

“Baba Wen is demanding a grandson from Kun Ge.” Jungwoo said.

 

 

“Speaking of Kun, where is he?” Doyougn asked and Jungwoo pointed to the kitchen where Kun and his butler Yixing were busy. “He cooks?” Doyoung gaped and Kun looked up and waved at him.

 

 

“I do.” He chuckled and let them sit by the counter.

 

 

Once everyone was settled and dinner was served, they fall into casual chatting. Kun and Johnny shared a look and Ten was a bit taken aback that he had to slap Johnny. ‘Stop it Ten, Kun has an announcement.” Johny kissed Ten’s temple and Kun chuckled.

 

 

“That I do.” Kun said and everyone turned to him. “I’ve taken over one of the family business and became the principal of Vision Seoul Academy.”  Kun announced and almot everyone was shocked.

 

“That sounded familiar.” Jaehyun mused.

 

 

“Of course, that’s the school we enrolled the kids!” Taeyong blurted out.

 

 

‘Then he’s your boss?” Ten looked at Johnny who nodded. “Get the fudge brownies!” Ten shouted and Lucas perked up and went down from his seat to do so.

 

 

This made everyone laugh, and Johnny almost fell from his chair. Lucas went back with the brownies assisted by Yixing and the kid offered it to Kun first. Kun took one and thanked Lucas who beamed at him happily.

 

 

‘You did not promote Johnny just because you’re friends right?” Ten inquired and Kun shook his head.

 

“He was nominated by the previous principal.” Kun assured him.

 

 

“Well that’s reassuring.” Ten said and smiled.

 

 

“I did talk about this with Johnny and we are opening slots for some extra classes and we want to invite you over as instructors.” Kun offered and everyone gaped at him. “We will be sending the proposals to everyone who is interested to fill up the positions with compensation. I do understand that you have your work loads so no pressure on your part.” Kun informed them and they all nodded.

 

 

“Don’t we need like accreditation?” Jaehyun asked and Kun nodded.

 

 

‘We can sponsor that for you.” Kun informed them.

 

 

“He’s really got this figured out.” Johnny chuckled and everyone joined in.

 

 

“I would love teach art!” Yuta chimed and Kun nodded.

 

 

“That would be lovely.” Kun replied with a wide smile.

 

 

---

 

Yuta and Taeyong welcomed Taeyong’s parents into their house by Thursday and the couple were all smiles as they greeted Yuta and Renjun. Taeyong’s sister joined them as well,  bringing along her husband and two children. Jaemin had introduced his cousins to Renjun and the four went towards their playroom and left the adults to talk.

 

Yuta had been nervous meeting Taeyong’s family but Mrs. Lee’s bright and warm smile reminded him of his own mom, something that Taeyong had felt when he was in Japan. They broke the news of their engagement and Taeyong’s mom was crying because she had thought that her son won’t find someone who will accept his condition, a single father with an adoptee. But when she learned of what Yuta did, she was convinced that they were perfect for each other.

 

“I don’t know how to cook.” Yuta said as they sat down for lunch and Mr. lee laughed loudly.

 

 

“You got lucky with Taeyong then.” He replied and that eased the awkward atmosphere.

 

 

Lunch was enjoyed with stories being shared and Yuta felt like he had been accepted into the family in an instant, even Taeyong’s brother-in-law was chiming in with the teasing when they found out that Taeyong proposed without a ring.

 

 

“Can I help during kimjang?” Yuta inquired and the smile that bloomed on Mrs. Lee’s face was unforgettable. “I’m not good at cooking but I think I can help out in the preparation.” Yuta quickly added.

 

 

“I would love that.” She replied and Yuta smiled so wide, it took the Lee’s breath away.

 

 

“What a beautiful smile you have Yuta.” Taeyong’s sister remarked and Yuta blushed and thanked her.

 

 

“You really got lucky Taeyong, Yuta is very handsome. I don’t mind having more newphews and nieces with both of your gene pool.” Taeyong’s brother-in-law added.

 

 

“Oh, I would love to have grandchildren!” Mr. Lee remarked and Yuta nodded.

 

 

“My sister offered to donate her eggcells for Taeyong so we can have our own kids.” Yuta happily informed them.

 

 

“You’re that far into the planning? I am impressed!” Taeyong’s Dad raised his glass of water to them.

 

 

“That’s not fair at all, as Taeyong’s sister, I am offering mine to you Yuta. It would be an honor for me to do so.” Taeyong’s sister offered and her husband next to her nodded and smiled at them.

 

 

“We’ve been talking about this ever since Taeyong told us of your relationship.” His brother-in-law added. “I figured that we had our brood and it would be nice to help you both in building your own family.” He finished and Taeyong quickly stood up and hugged his sister and brother-in-law.

 

In all honesty, he hadn’t raised this one to his sister though the thought of asking her to be a donor was at the back of his mind. When Yuta’s sister offered to be a donor, he was happy to be able to have a child with Yuta’s genes but he also wanted the same for Yuta, to be able to have a kid to carry the Nakamoto bloodline.

 

 

“Thank you so much.” Yuta muttered and kneeled in dogeza, the highest form of respect a Japanese could do, and bowed in front of them. Taeyong soon followed Yuta, bowing deep next to his fiancé.

 

 

“Why are you making me cry!” Mrs. Lee pouted as she wiped the tears off her eyes.

 

“No! Halmeoni don’t cry!” Jaemin shouted and ran to hug her, with Renjun following after and hugging her as well.

 

“It will be my honor and pleasure to help you out. You deserve only the best Yuta, this is the only thing I could think of to thank you for loving my brother.” Taeyong’s sister said and hugged him.

 

 

Friday night was spent at Yuta and Taeyong’s new apartment for the housewarming party. The kids were all hyper with sugar as they explored the larger place and played with whatever toys Renjun and Jaemin had. Ten was really impressed with the studio Taeyong had and he brought out a collaboration proposal for an upcoming event. Johnny was helping Doyoung set up the kitchen while Jaehyun, Kun and Taeyong cooked food. Yuta and Jungwoo were checking up on the kids when he noticed that Taeil and Sicheng were a little late for the party.

 

 

“They will be coming, just ran into something.” Kun assured Yuta who nodded.

 

 

----

Mina had invited them for snacks and Sicheng nodded and told Taeil that they should meet her, Jisung hadn’t seen his mother for so long. They arrived at a family diner and Mina waved Taeil over. They sat on a booth across Mina and they noticed a man holding Nayeon.

 

 

‘This is my fiancé Wonpil.” Mina introduced the amn who extended a hand.

 

 

“Taeil, Mina’s ex-husband and this is Sicheng, my fiancé.” Taeil introduced himsrlf.

 

 

“I am relieved to finally meet you Taeil-ssi.” Wonpil said and Taeil laughed.

 

 

“Let’s drop thee formalities, we are all in better places now.” Taeil informed him and Wonpil smiled in relief. ‘This is Jisung, our son and Chenle, Sicheng’s son.” Taeil pointed to the two kids who bowed at them. ‘Jisung, meet Mina, your mom, Nayeon your half sister and uncle Wonpil.” Taeil said and Jisung looked at Taeil with hurt in his eyes but the man ran a hand down his son’s head and kissed his forehead. “Don’t make your mom feel bad.” Taeil said and Jisung walked to Mina and hugged her.

 

“It’s nice meeting you.” He said and Mina shed tears as she wrapped her arms around his son.

 

 

“I am so sorry Jisung. I know I’ve never been a mom to you.” Mina said and Jisung looked at her and shook his head.

 

 

‘I have Sicheng baba now.” Jisung informed her and Mina nodded.

 

 

“I know, he takes good care of you right?” She asked andJisung nodded.

 

 

‘He buys me peking duck.” Jisung answered and that made Mina laugh.

 

 

“Of course.” She laughed and kissed her son’s forehead and let him sit back on the chair, Jisung immediately sitting next to Sicheng and burying his face on Sicheng’s chest. “I am really happy to finally meet you. And Chenle right?” She acknowledged the kid who nodded. “How have Jisung been to you?” She asked and Chenle smiled wide.

 

 “Best brother ever!” Chenle replied and that made Mina smile.

 

“I am not here to meddle with your family but I wanted to meet you to fulfill my promise.” Mina then took an envelope from Wonpil and handed it to Taeil. “We finally saved enough to hold a small wedding and it would be nice if Jisung be our ring bearer.” Mina said and Jisung looked at his father who had a wide smile.

 

 

“That would be lovely.” Taeil replied. “I am happy for you Mina.” Taeil stood to hug his ex-wife and the two were crying because happiness may have eluded them as a married couple but it truly exist in friendships.

 

 

“And I want to give you a gift Taeil, I know that I am not the perfect person to offer this but I have given it a lot of thought, if you need a donor for Jisung and Chenle’s siblings, I can happily do it for you. You could do good with a princess.” Mina said and Sicheng blinked at her. “I would love to give Jisung siblings to play with and I am sure you will both be the best couple to provide Jsiung that.” She added and Wonpil pulled her to his side and kissed her temple as Nayeon babbled away.

 

 

“Thank you Mina-ssi.” Sicheng choked out.

 

 

‘Thank you Sicheng-ssi, you made Taeil happy and that took a lot of burden off my chest. This is the only thing I could offer you to thank you sincerely.” She said and Sicheng stood to hug her.

 

 

“I really appreciate it.” He said and held her tightly. “Do you have a wedding photographer already?” He asked and Mina shook her had. ‘Great, let me gift that to you.” He said and Mina was crying once more.

 

---

 

 

When Taeil and Sicheng arrived, they were bombarded with questions and Doyoung was ready to fight whoever made his best friend cry. Taeil assured him that it was happy tears and told them the story, and everyone was celebrating for various reasons.

 

Yuta and Taeyong blasted songs at an acceptable level and they had enjoyed themselves dancing and singing until the kids were all passed out and were sleeping on the couches. Johnny suggested that they all sleep in the living room but that was quickly shot down because it would be difficult for them since they have a schedule tomorrow for their family portraits. They ended up driving back before 10 pm to rest and Doyoung was adamant that they were not late because the whole team was going to be in chaos for the whole shoot.

 

Doyoung was nervous as they drove to the studio but Myungsoo had assured him that it will be good and he should relax while they take care of everything. Key, Taemin, Minho, Minghao and Mingyu came in in full force to do their styling. Doyoung came in earlier than the rest to get themselves ready and an hour after, Taeil and Sicheng were hauling a half asleep Chenle and Jisung with them. Sunggyu greeted Sicheng and they exchanged pleasantries. Sunggyu had made his intentions clear and Sicheng was grateful for the honesty.

 

Kun and Jungwoo came soon after and Sunggyu had discussed with Kun the intention of the photoshoot. Chengxiao was a little vervous but Sunggyu assured her that she’ll be treated like a princess.  Minghao was excited to meet her and because they are both Chinese, the girl just gravitated towards him. He pampered the kid like a real princess.

 

Johnny and Ten came in next and the excitement that Lucas gave made Mingyu over excited and the two bonded over laughter. Johnny was pleased with the ambience and when Myungsoo informed them of the concept, being photography enthusiast themselves, Ten and Johnny were pretty much sold on it. Myungsoo was really happy to meet them and knowing their interest for his passion made him eager to work with them. Johnny informed Myungsoo of Kun’s hobbie as well and Myungsoo was more than happy to accommodate such enthusiasts in his studio, creative inputs had always been welcomed in his workplace.

 

Yuta and Taeyong were the last to arrive and having been familiar with the place, they just calmly handed Taemin and Key their hanbok and kimonos to which the two took great care of. They were styled soon after with the kids beng very excited to wear their traditional clothes the soonest.

 

 

Taeil and Sicheng were the first to have their portraits taken, with Doyoung and Kun taking pictures on the side with their phones. Jisung was prim and proper in the shoot but Chenle proved to be a rascal and pouted when he was asked to pose formally. Lucas resorted to making Chenle laugh and promised him playtime later if he followed Myungsoo’s direction. It worked and Sicheng saw Ten winked at him, he’s definitely going to give Ten dowry for having Lucas as his son.

 

Chenle and Jisung posed for some portrarits of their own while Taeil and Sicheng moved into a more romantic set up to take photos for their engagement. Doyoung asked if he could take the photos and Myungsoo gladly handed it to his staff. He took the opportunity to chat with Johnny, Ten and Kun and aske their opinions, and the three offered a lot which made him quite happy to share his interest to new people.

 

 After the formal shots, they changed into their traditional clothes and Myungsoo was delighted to have all of them wear their national costumes.

 

 

Kun and Jungwoo posed next and Chengxiao was all smiles and pretty in her pink princess dress with his fathers looking like princes. Their theme was royalty and the three embodied it perfectly, with Chengxiao being the lovely rose between the two men who had love and passion for education and children. Kun then knelt as he extended a rose to Jungwoo who blused and Chengxiao was all giddy at the side, cheering along with the other kids while Myungsoo and Minghao took snaps of the romantic couple.

 

Johnny and Ten were nothing but chaos because Johnny kept of on laughing as Ten spouted innuendos but Mark and Lucas glaring at them made them shut up, and eventually got their pictures taken. Johnny lifted Ten bridal style at one shot and it made Ten laugh while the others wolf whistled. Mark then asked to be carried and Lucas followed suit so Johnny just knelt and the boys attacked him like crazy, and the fun moment was captured by Minho who was happy to do so for them.

 

Yuta and Taeyong were more confident now than when they first took their pictures and Myungsoo was glad because it meant that the shots would be easier. It was a little too intimate though that Doyoung was making gagging sounds at the side. Yuta stuck his tongue out and Taeyong winked at Jaehyun because it felt like a competition for the two pairs to out do each other. Jaehyun laughed and nodded to Taeyong, it is so on.

 

Taeyong was holding Yuta’s waist as they post for the camera, and it seemed like a natural sight for them to be together. But when Yuta pulled Taeyong and joined their foreheads while they smile wide, the room lost it and cheered for them while Renjun and Jaemin where shocked to watch their parents act like that.

 

“Touchan!” “Dada!” Jaemin and Rnejun whined and that prompted the two to laugh and attack their kids in hugs, tickles and kisses.

 

 

Doyoung and Jaehyun were the last and Donghyuck was smug as he walked to the set, with Jeno just beaming happily. Jaehyun pulled Doyoung and lowered their bodies that shocked the older but grinned as he pulled Jaehyun into a kiss. Everyone gasped and the kids whined because why didn’t their parents kiss? Doyoung laughed nervously but the grin on Jaehyun told everyone that he had indeed won the best trophy in his life. Sunggyu shook his head as he watched the chaos but he was smiling, he was happy to be a venue for these families to show their love for their partners and for their kids.

 

 

The pictures with the traditional outfits was pretty challenging but with everyones ideas corroborating, the shots were taken effortlessly. The adults had so much fun posing like wacky kids to a point that it became a competition for the kids and adults on who would have the best poses. It made everyone laugh because the parents really let loose the childishness in them.

 

 

The photoshoot ended up with group photos and Myungsoo thanked them for the hard work and a great job done.

 

 

 

-----

Sending your child to primary school was a little scary for the dads but Johnny had held Ten’s hand and assured him that the kids will be okay. Ten watched as Lucas and Mark stepped inside the campus, waving Donghyuck and Jaemin over who were running while Renjun and Jeno walked in casually. They heard a loud laugh and Chenle was bounding towards them while pulling Jisung behind him. The kids were all entering first grade together, because apparently,, Chenle and Jisung passed their accelerated tests and were admitted on the same level. Kun laughed as he watched the kids and waved Johnny over. Johnny nodded and kissed Ten’s forehead and went in. Ten sighed and wiped his tears, he just found how fast the kids had been growing and before they know it, they’ll be grauduating.

 

 

“Hey don’t get too emotional.” Doyoung nudged Ten. ‘You’ll see them for classes.” Doyoung added and Ten laughed, yeah, he did accept some extra curricular dance class along with Taeyong and Sicheng while Doyoung, Taeil and Jaehyun would be teaching vocal lessons and lead the choir in their most convenient times.

 

“I’ll see you both soon!” Yuta waved at them, boarding his car to attend university for some extra courses for his teaching license and the two happily waved back at him, Yuta would be a full time art teacher in the afternoon with morning classes in the university.

 

“Who’s getting married first?” Ten asked as they walked back to their respective cars.

 

“Who got engaged first huh?” Doyoung asked and Ten laughed. “I’ll give you discount.” Doyoung said and that made Ten double up in laughter.

 

 

“I’ll hold you to that.” Ten said and entered his car, ready to begin his day for the studio.

 

 

 

------

a/n: Hello it’s been a while and It took a lot of effort to write a suitable ending for this story.

It has been a year for this story and I had to admit that it was not always smooth sailing with the updates. The whole story was from an idea that came into my mind but did not expect to blow up into this proportion. I knew I had met a lot of good people through this journey and I sincerely thank each and everyone of you for giving this story a chance.

 

It feels like I am watching my child’s graduation writing this ending.

 

I’m not gonna make a long emotional note anymore because I just feel like I’ll cry the moment I do so. But I am really just thankful for giving this story your time, for reading and leaving feedbacks. I value each and every comment given to me whether they are praises or criticism. Thank you so much my dear readers.

 

Until then, this has been Jhengchie for Dream Kindergarten

March 7, 2018 – June 7, 2019

---- Talk to me: main twitter account, NCT spazz account where I update my NCT related FF
Curious cat