You can’t always get what you want

Dream Kindergarten

A/n: hell oeveryone Thank you for your lovey remarks for Dojae. And since you get a short glimpse of Mingyu cooking for Sicheng and meeting Taeil, here is the WinIl chapter!

 

Just a reminder it will be top!Taeil

 

Also side note, I am not into speech therapy although I had some speech courses during my school days but that was so long ago.

 

 

------

 

Taeil had been awoken by his son climbing on his bed and dumping himself on his poor father’s body. Taeil woke up with a start and saw Jisung rubbing his eyes. Taeil scoped the child up and cuddled with him before he carried him towards the boy’s room to prepare him for the long day ahead. He helped Jisung bathe and brush his teeth and then prepared him milk, half of the regular amount because Jisung insisted on the promised breakfast. Taeil the TV as he proceeded to take a bath and wear something worthy of his wealthy client. He scoffed at the word, was Sicheng really a client or someone he could move on with something else. Taeil was not much of a social person and the last dating stint he had was that off college and he ended up being cheated on. Taeil may have given up on love or whatever, having his marriage end with a messy divorce still scarred him but seeing Sicheng was a bit of a different story because really, he was not into guys unlike his friend Doyoung. But there’s always an exception right? Sicheng was just the epitome of cute and Chenle was just a really good and adorable kid that he could take care if fate would let him. That was probably thinking too uch so Taeil decided that he’ll just go with the flow with this one.

 

Their doorbell was rang and Taeil answered it and informed the driver that they are heading down. Jisung perked up hearing his father and grabbed his bag from the table and strapped himself uup, Taeil really loved how Jisung seemed to know what to do without being told. They met the driver who had driven them back home last night and Jisung greeted him with a loud and cheery good morning. The driver smiled at the kid, who wouldn’t smile at such adorable kids.

 

The drive was silent but comfortable, their driver informed them of the place where Sicheng was staying, their Saturday routine and how Chenle was such a brat at times but is really precious for the household. The Dong family has a wide connection and Sicheng is poised to hold the Korean expansion once the turnover is done next year so he was glad Taeil could be there to help his boss speak more fluently.

 

“His pronunciation is adorable but if he wants people to respect him he needs to be perfect.” Marco, their driver, said. “We’ve been asking him to go to speech therapies but the kid just ignored us.” He shook his head and Taeil nodded and processed the information.

 

“I will try my best.” Taeil replied and Marco smiled, Taeil noted that he had a really charming smile.

 

They arrived at the house and  a set of maids greeted them and a butler named Eunjin smiled at them and Taeil thought if having good smile is a requirement.

 

“Welcome Mr.Moon, I am Euijin and Master Sicheng will be down in a short while.” Euijin informed them then led them towards the eat in kitchen, one of the kitchens found in the property.

 

Once they set foot on the kitchen Chenle came running towards them hugging Taeil’s legs with a grin. “Good morning Tae samchon!” Chenle was obnoxiously loud at such  an early time but Taeil just knelt on and met the boy at eye level and smiled at him.

 

“Good Morning Chenle.” Taeil greeted him.

 

“Morning Jisung!” Chenle greeted the kid who beamed a smile and greeted back. “Come come, Mingyu samchon makes really good food.” Chenle beckoned them and Euijin bowed and gestured for them to meet the chef.

 

Mingyu was tall, Taeil thought as he was greeted by the man in a chef’s double ed uniform and a eating puppy grin showing off his pointed canine. The man extended a hand and Taeil took it and introduced himself.

 

“So who ordered waffles?” Mingyu asked and both Chenle and Jisung raised their hands.

 

Mingyu laughed and told them to  have a seat and Taeil helped the kids up the high bar stool. Chenle insisted that Taeil sat next to him and Jsung argued so Taeil just sat between the just as Mingyu placed their plates of waffles. Taeil looked at the plates and wondered how the seemingly ordinary food was presented like a 5-star dish.

 

“I am a professional chef, part time photographer and stylist for a studio and so don’t get too surprised at this caliber of plating. I do get commissions for food magazines and all that jazz.” Mingyu explained, presenting them a couple more stacks of pancakes, now unstyled and plain, a plate of mixed fruits, a small pitcher of honey and maple syrup, whipped cream and even butter. “These are for the kids.” Mingyu winked and then patted both Chenle’s and Jisung’s head. ‘Eat up.” Mingyu said.

 

“That’s very rude of You Mingyu, not even waiting for me.” Sicheng walked in pouting as he took a seat next to Chenle.

 

“You were taking too long and I don’t want a grumpy dolphin shrieking at such an early hour.” Mingyu looked at Chenle who was having a hard time cutting his waffles.

 

Taeil took pity on the kid and sliced it up for him before doing the same to Jisung’s waffles.

 

“Hi Taeil-ssi!” Sicheng brightened up as he greeted the older and Taeil was really surprised with the 180 on Sicheng.

 

“Good Morning Sicheng-ssi.” Taeil greeted back.

 

“So I have to be at the studio so bye bye guys!” Mingyu waved and Sicheng let him go and instructed Marco to drive him to the studio. The kids waved their good bye and shouted their thanks for the wonderful breakfast. “I already instructed Euijin hyung for lunch, take care!” Mingu waved and he was out of the door.

 

“I hope the food is up to your tastes.” Sicheng said and Jisung gave him a thumbs up. “Mingyu is a dear friend of mine and he works for one of my restaurants.” Sicheng informed him.

 

“Mingyu Samchon cooks for us cause papa can’t” Chenle said and Sicheng glared at his son.

 

“That’ okay, Appa can.” Jisung shrugged his shoulders and Sicheng smiled as Taeil flailed his hands. “You can cook appa.” Jisung said matter-of-factly and Taeil sighed.

 

“Maybe you can show it sometimes.” Sicheng joked but Chenle’s eyes lit up.

 

“Really? Tae samchon can cook for us?” Chenle asked with those bright and gleaming eyes that Taeil cannot refuse at all.

 

“What about next Saturday then?” Taeil asked and Chenle nodded happily.

 

“You have to get up really early to squeeze in breakfast and our session.” Sicheng mused.

 

“Sleepover!!!” Chenle squealed and Sicheng looked at Taeil who was beyond frightened. “Samchon doesn’t want to sleepover?” Chenle asked with a pout on his face and teary eyes.

 

“If your papa allows it.” Taeil offered and Chenle just smiled at him then turned to his waffles, baffling Taeil.

 

“He knows I can’t say no.” Sicheng sighed and Jisung suddenly spoke.

 

“Can I bring my stuffed toys then?” Jisung asked and Taeil smiled and nodded. “Okay.” Jisung smiled and continued eating.

 

After breakfast, Chenle’s personal retainer named Daewon took the kids and led them to Chenle’s playroom while Euijin led them to Sicheng’s office. He asked if they needed more thing and Sicheng dismissed him after saying they needed water, tea and biscuits.

 

Taeil opened his bag and took a worksheet, it was standard issue to learn the capacity of clients (Taeil used that term instead of patients to make it less of a stigma of disability) and to properly evaluate them and prescribe a treatment. Sicheng read a couple of simple phrases and ords then some tongue twisters. Taeil jotted down on a notebook with Sicheng’s name and smiled as Sicheng finished the task. Taeil then made him read Chinese and was surprised at how Sicheng’s pronunciation using his mother tongue was a little botchy.

 

“Your speech is a little slurred. I understand that you are Chinese and the predominant language would be Mandarin. The complexity of your mother tongue is understandable but I guess you needed more refinement.” Taeil worded his evaluation so Sicheng won’t feel offended. “Certain characters like the ‘S’ and ‘Sh’ should be worked on as well as the ‘f’ and ‘p’. Shifting to Korean would be little difficult if you are not a hundred percent fluent in your mother tongue.” Taeil informed him and Sicheng nodded. “I will design a program for you to correct these problems and we go on from there.” Taeil said and Sicheng nodded appreciatively.

 

“Do you know Chinese?” Sicheng asked and Taeil shook his head.

 

“I just know basic stuff relevant to some kids I help out.” Taeil informed him and Sicheng nodded. ‘Don’t worry, you’ll be fine.” Taeil smiled at him and Sicheng never felt so grateful for Taeil’s patience.

 

They did a couple of exercises, basic ones, and Sicheng did them diligently. When Euijin knocked and entered with water, tea and snacks, they took a short break. Taeil took this opportunity to ask Sicheng about his work.

 

“Marco informed me that you’ll be handling the businesses here by next year.” Taeil started and Sicheng nodded.

 

“Yeah and they are quite stressed with it.” Sicheng said nonchalantly.

 

“They have a real concern Sicheng-ssi.” Taeil said and Sicheng looked at him with a curious look.

 

“If it is really a concern, then I have a proposal for you Taeil-ssi but I will need some time to finalize it.” Sicheng beamed a smile and it may have made Taeil’s heart to skip a beat.

 

They continued the session, Taeil showed him diagrams of the mouth and tongue position to pronounce the certain characters. Taeil demonstrated with his mouth and Sicheng found it distracting how Taeil moved and formed his lips for certain characters. Sicheng tried to follow Taeil but he was far too distracted.

 

“Can I touch your face Sicheng-ssi?” Taeil asked and Sicheng nodded out of reflex. Taeil then used his fingers to move Sicheng’s chin open and pulled out a tounge depressor from his bag to use on Sicheng. He pushed the tip of the tongue down to touch his lower teeth. “Hold your tongue in place.” Taeil instructed and Sicheng did what he was told despite the flush on his cheeks. “Close your mouth and move your lips slightly like this.” Taeil used both index finger to guide the side of the lips out. “and let the air pass through, try it.” Taeil instructed and Sicheng did as he was told, eye never leaving Taeil.

 

The first attempt was comical but Taeil was patient with him and urged him to continue until on the third try, Tail had a smile on his face, they are making progress.

 

“Not so bad.” Taeil said and Sicheng smiled as he willed his blush to dissipate; he was liking the feel of Taeil’s fingers on his face and it felt really gay.

 

But Sicheng was reminded of Taeil’s orientation having a girlfriend and wife in the past and his bit his lip to dare ask the older. “Taeil-ssi, if you don’t mid me asking. What is your orientation?” Sicheng asked and Taeil smiled at him.

 

“Not really sure maybe I am a Bi-ual.” Taeil shrugged. “Why did you ask?” Taeil asked back.

 

“Well you knew mine so I thought just to be fair.” Sicheng shrugged as well.

 

“You’re doing great Sicheng-ssi, shall we continue?” Taeil asked and Sicheng nodded, anticipating and expecting Taeil’s touch on his face.

 

--

 

“Jisungie!” Chenle called out and the younger sat next to his friend. “Deawonnie samchon picture please!” Chenle called out and Daewon took the instax camera from a shelf and took a picture of the two toddlers. They waited for the picture and when it was dry, Daewon handed it to Chenle who was delighted with it. “Please keep it samchon.” Chenle said and Daewon took a photo album from the shelf.

 

“Here you go Chennie, what about writing something to remember this day?” Daewon asked and Chenle wrote the date and something Daewon was confused about. “Brothers?” Daewon asked and Chenle nodded.

 

“Jisung will be my brother! I want Taeil samchon as my appa!” Chenle said and Daewon raised a brow.

 

“It’s not as simple as wanting to be Taeil-ssi as your appa Chennie.” Daewon tried to explain but the kid was hard headed.

 

“Yes I can! Papa can’t say no!” Chenle said then stomped off to find his father.

 

Daewon immediately ran to catch the toddler with Jisung running behind because it’s a big rom and he hates being left alone in such an unfamiliar place. Chenle ran towards his father’s office and burst inside, surprising both Taeil and Sicheng who were practicing words.

 

“I want Taeil samchon as my appa!” Chenle declared and both Sicheng’s and Taeil’s widened.

 

‘Chenle!” Daewon caught up with the kid and he bowed in apology to his boss and their guest. ‘I am so sorry sir, I will take better care of him.” Daewon bowed but Sicheng asked him to leave them and the kids for a talk; Daewon bowed and closing the door gently after Jisung ran to his father and sat on his lap.

 

“Chenle.” Sicheng started but Chenle glared at his father.

 

‘I want Taeil samchon as my appa!” Chenle repeated and Sicheng had enough of this brat.

 

“You can’t get everything you want and you can’t force or order people like toys. People have feelings and they decide for themselves.” Sicheng reprimanded his child but Chenle was born stubborn.

 

“I want Taeil samchon as my appa! I hate you!” Chenle shouted and he left running as he cried.

 

“Chenle!” Sicheng shouted but Taeil placed a hand on his shoulder and shook his head.

 

“Sit down for a while and calm down.” Taeil said and Jisung climbed on Sicheng as soon as he sat.

 

“Please don’t be sad Cheng Samchon.” Jisung said and hugged him as tightly as he could and resting his head on Sicheng’s chest.

 

“I’ll talk to him.” Taeil said and Sicheng looked at him with sad eyes. “No need to apologize, I’ll take care of it.” Taeil smiled and patted Sicheng’s shoulder. “Take care of Jisung for a while.” He said then left the room to talk to Chenle.

 

Jisung looked at Sicheng and stretched his body to give the adult a kiss on his cheek. “Cheng samchon should smile, I don’t like a sad Cheng samchon.” Jisung said and Sicheng cooed at the boy.

 

“I wish Chenle would be like you Jisung.” Sicheng sighed.

 

“You can have me as your son.” Jisung said and Sicheng cocked his head to the side. “If you can make appa happy I would be happy; I like you Cheng samchon.” Jisung confessed.

 

“You like me because I can give you Peking Duck.” Sicheng remarked and Jisung smiled.

 

‘Peking Duck is a bonus.” Jisung  said making Sicheng laugh.

 

“You don’t mind me liking your appa?” Sicheng asked and Jisung shook his head.

 

“Just don’t hurt appa.” Jisung said and Sicheng whispered something in Jisung’s ears making the boy smile.

 

“Keep it a secret okay?” Sicheng said and Jisung nodded, presenting a pinky for them to entwine.

 

Taeil found Chenle in his bedroom and his heart broke at the sight of the crying child. He knocked on the door to tell his presence and Chenle immediately wiped his tears with his hand. Taeil entered and took the kid to sit on his lap and cradled the boy gently. Chenle looked at Taeil who was smiling at him.

 

“Are you okay Chenle?” Taeil asked and the kid sniffed. “It’s not nice to disobey your papa.” Taeil started but Chenle retorted.

 

 

“I want you as my appa!” Chenle remarked and Taeil was happy that he was at least appealing to the kid.

 

“Why would you want me to be your appa?” Taeil asked and Chenle looked at him with tear stained cheeks and blurry eyes that went bright as he spoke fondly.

 

“Jisungie tells me things you do, you play with him and cook for him and do cuddles!” Chenle said and Taeil smiled, he tried his best for his son. “Papa is always busy with work.” Chenle sounded dejected.

 

“Is that why you act like a brat and demand a lot of things from your papa?” Taeil asked and Chenle nodded. “It’s not the only way to ask for attention Chenle.” Taeil said and kissed the kid’s nose. “Jisung would tug on my shirt if he wanted cuddles and he would be a good boy so he could go to parks and go on rides.” Taeil said and Chenle pouted even more.

 

“I want you as my appa.” Chenle muttered softly and Taeil’s heart is just soft for him.

 

“You can’t force people Chenle, it will not make your papa happy.” Taeil explained.

 

‘but will it make you happy? To be my appa?” Chenle asked and Taeil smiled.

 

“I wouldn’t mind taking care of you sweetheart.” Taeil said and Chenle smiled wide.

 

“what about papa?” Chenle asked and Taeil wiped the tears from the kid’s cheeks.

 

“I wouldn’t mind if he let me.” Taeil said then stopped Chenle from speaking. “But you can’t force him to like me.” Taeil looked at the kid sternly.

 

“if..” Chenle bit his lip and then looked at Taeil in the eyes. “If I would be a good boy, would you be my appa?” Chenle asked and Taeil laughed.

 

“why not?” Taeil asked and Chenle kissed his cheek.

 

“I really like you samchon!” Chenle chirped.

 

“I like you to Chenle.” Taeil kissed the kid’s cheek and he giggled, the kid is just starved of affection. “It’s almost lunch time, shall we eat?” Taeil asked and Chenle nodded as he wrapped his arm around Taeil’s neck and wrapped his legs around Taeil’s torso.

 

Taeil laughed as he carried the boy back to the office. “Apologize to you papa okay?” Taeil instructed and Chen pouted but nodded.

 

As soon as they were back to the office, Taeil was surprised to see Sicheng and Jisung practice speaking the words on the exercise sheets. He smiled as he approached the two and sat back on his chair. Taeil coaxed Chenle to face his father and the kid pouted but eventually spoke.

 

“I’m sorry papa.” Chenle said softly and it was enough for Sicheng to forgive his son. “I’ll be a good boy so Tae samchon can like me a lot.” Chenle smiled but Sicheng paled.

 

“I’m hungry.” Jisung suddenly spoke and Sicheng coughed as he carried Jisung as he stood up. Taeil did the same and Sicheng kissed his son’s cheek.

 

“I am not mad Haitun. But we can’t force people to like us just because we want to.” Sicheng said softly and Chenle nodded. “Let’s eat shall we?” Sicheng asked and both of them walked back to the eat-in Kitchen carrying each other’s son.

 

“Shall we help you sir?” Eijin asked but Sicheng dismissed it and they continued to walk towards the kitchen where Euijin had set up the nook with their lunch, crispy fried chicken was the center piece for Jisung.

 

Once they were settled, Chenle decided to sit on Sicheng’s lap which surprised the adult while Jisung just sat next to his father. “I want cuddles papa.” Chenle pouted and Sicheng smiled and kissed the kid’s forehead.

 

They started eating lunch, happily munching on food when Sicheng turned to Taeil and proposed something he was not prepared for. “Will you be my assistant Taeil-ssi?” Sicheng asked and everyone froze.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----

a/n: All of Sicheng’s household help would come from UNB were Ji Hansol is also part of. Please give them your support as well.

 

I am not degrading Sicheng in anyway by pointing out difficulties in pronouncing certain letters. I apologize if it was a trigger for some of you.

 

I think Taeil and Winwin had less interaction here than what I wanted but do not fret because the next update would still be Winil just because the ship needs more pimping ^^

 

---

Talk to me: 

main twitter account ,
NCT spazz account where I update my NCT related FF
Curious cat
Askfm