Let the kids decide

Dream Kindergarten

a/n: Sorry just been really busy.

 

----

 

Doyoung and Jaehyun waved at Taeyong and Yuta and thanked them for the party as they were the last guests to leave. Both had decided to sleep at Doyoung’s apartment for the weekend making both Jaehyun and Jeno excited. Jeno went to Doyoung’s car just like what they did the first time they met, and Donghyuck did the same with jaehyun. The complexity of their relationship is quite amusing and as Doyoung strapped Jeno in his seat, the kid kissed his cheek in gratefulness.

 

 

“Thank you papa.” Jeno said and Doyoung smiled wide at the boy and ruffled his hair.

 

“You’re welcome Jeno.” Doyoung said and then went to the driver seat and started the engine. “Let’s go.” Doyoung said and Jeno cheered as they drove.

 

The drive was calm and Doyoung watched Jaehyun’s car from his rear view mirror and he smiled, and lucky for him, Jeno caught it.

 

“Your smile is cute papa, you’re like a bunny!” Jeno chirped.

 

“You’re only saying that because you have a bunny crush on Renjun!” Doyoung retaliated but Jeno shook his head.

 

“I have a bear crush on Injunnie, he has a bunny crush on me!” Jeno replied and Doyoung laughed at that.

 

“Where did you get that idea?” Doyoung asked.

 

“Oh, Jaemin told me.” Jeno replied and Doyoung made a mental note to tell this story to Jaehyun.

 

Doyoung entered an apartment complex and waved to the guard andtold him that Jaehyun would be his guest and the guard saluted at him. Doyoung parked on his dedicated parking slot with Jaehyun parking next to him.

 

“You have two parking slots?” Jaehyun asked and Doyoung nodded as he helped Jeno out of his seat, Jaehyun did the same with Donghyuck. “This apartment complex isn’t exactly cheap.” Jaehyun added.

 

‘let’s go!” Donghyuck chirped and led the way towards the elevator, Jeno following the younger and waving for their parents to hurry up.

 

They went up the elevator and stopped at their floor, greeting a family on their way to the house and Donghyuck beamed a happy smile at them. Doyoung introduced Jaehyun and Jeno to them and they were all excited that Doyoung finally found time to date. Jaehyun’s jaws drop at how beautiful Doyoung’s apartment was making him feel a little bit jealous.

 

“It’s very new, we just moved in recently.” Doyoung shrugged as he led them inside and Jaehyun nodded and removed his shoes.

 

‘Woah this is beautiful!” Jaehyun remarked as he eyed the pictures on the wall leading to the living room, the center piece was Doyoung and Donghyuck posing happily with wide smiles. “You both look really handsome here.” Jaehyun smiled and Doyoung thanked him, blushing a little as he walked towards the living room to assist the kids into their comfortable clothes.

 

Jaehyun took the time to look at the various pictures and smiled at how Doyoung documented Donghyuck’s growth. He stopped at a particular picture and he was squinted to see if his eyes were playing tricks on him/

 

‘oh you looked at them.” Doyoung said and Jaehyun pointed to the picture.  “That’s my ex-wife Naera and her partner Chelsea.” Doyoung informed him.

 

‘Chelsea sure got a lot of tattoos.”  Jaehyun remarked making Doyoung chuckle.

 

 

‘Yeah she does. She also rides a mean Harley.” Doyoung added. ‘But she’s really a great person and she loves Donghyuck as her own.” Doyoung sighed.

 

“I envy you for keeping a good relationship with Donghyuck’s mother.” Jaehyun said and Doyoung nodded.

 

“We ended things between us well because we both know that we couldn’t go up a notch with it, our preferences are just on tangents.” Doyoung explained. “We remained friends because we don’t have anything against each other.” Doyoung shrugged. ‘And this is our daughter Sora, she’s turning two in a few weeks.” Doyoung informed him.

 

‘She’s lovely, she got your eyes.” Jaehyun remarked and Doyoung smiled softly.

 

‘Wanna come and meet them?” Doyoung invited him and Jaehyun grinned widely.

 

“Sure, where?” Jaehyun asked.

 

“Jeju.” Doyoung replied and Jaehyun nodded again.

 

‘After the sportsfest, let’s go to Jeju.” Jaehyun answered making Doyoung smile and blush a little. ‘oh, you kept this?” Jaehyun said and Doyoung’s eyes widened as he saw what Jaehyun was looking at.

 

“It’s not what you think!” Doyoung panicked but Jaehyun kissed his cheek to calm him down.

 

‘No worries, I like it.” Jaehyun said and walked towards the leaving room leaving Doyoung gaping at his retreating back. Doyoung then grinned and looked at the framed picture he begged Myungsoo to give to him, a picture of him and Jaehyun as well as them four looking like a family, he felt butterflies in his stomach.

 

Doyoung caught up with Jaehyun and led him to his room, surprising the younger. “Not gonna make me stay in the guest room?” Jaehyun asked and Doyoung raised a brow.

 

 “We shared beds before, and aren’t we dating?” Doyoung asked and Jaehyun grinned at him.

 

“just checking.’ He chuckled and entered Doyoung’s bedroom.

 

The room was neat and simple and it made Jaehyun smile, clearly the two of them share a sense of minimalism and simplicity. Jaehyun placed his bag near the dresser and Doyoung showed him the en suite and told him that he could change if he wanted to. Jaehyun nodded and took out some clothes to change into but Doyoung stopped him and took out a shirt and some pants from his wardrobe.

 

“you lent me your clothes last time.” Doyoung said and JAehyun smirked at him.

 

“ah, so you want to see me in your clothes huh? Why don’t you wear mine then?” Jaehyun handed him his clothes and Doyoung laughed and nodded, this will be fun.

 

Doyoung allowed Jaeyun to change first while he checked on the kids and fortunately, the two had managed to change into something comfortable, both wearing Donghyuck’s pajamas because apparenty, Jeno’s clothes were in Jaehyun’s bag.

 

“it fits you!” Doyoung chirped and Jeno nodded. “You look like twins!” He remarked and both kids laughed and hugged each other.

 

“You can change now.” Jaehyun said as he approached them and Donghyuck noticed the shirt Jaehyun was wearing.

 

“Is that Papa’s shirt?” Donghyuck asked and Jaehyun nodded.

 

“Yeah, I’m borrowing it for a while.” Jaehyun replied.

 

“Will Papa borrow your clothes as well?” Donghyuck asked and Jaehyun nodded.

 

“Yeah. Is there any problems with it?” Jaehyun asked and Donghyuck shook his head. “Great, go change now Doyoung hyung, I’ll cook for the kids.” Jaehyun said and Doyoung shook his head.

 

‘I’ll change but you can’t cook. You cooked last time, it’s my time to feed you.” Doyoung said as he walked back to his room leaving a grinning Jaehyun and two confused kids.

 

“Well, shall we watch TV then?” Jaehyun asked.

 

“Let’s sing karaoke!!!” Donghyuck excitedly cheered and pulled the guests over to the living room and grabbed the mike.

 

Jaehyun was amused and he indulged Donghyuck by picking a ballad song tossing. He was so into the song that he evenclosed his eyes and sang it with passion. Hen he was done, he did not expect the pindrop silence that greeted him, and Doyoung’s shocked face.

 

“Did I do something wrong?” Jaehyun asked and Doyoung shook his head.

 

“You have an amazing voice Jaehyun.” Doyoung said with a soft smile making Jaehyun flustered. “Believe me, I was a voice major and been singing in choirs all my life, your voice is wonderful.” Doyoung said and they shared shy and genuine smiles.

 

“Thank you.” Jaehyun thanked him and they just gaze into each other’s eyes like in a cheesy drama.

 

Only for Donghyuck to break by grabbing the microphone and entering a red velvet song to sing and dance to. Once the house is filled with bananana courtesy of Donghyuck, Doyoung and Jaehyun laughed loudly and left the kids to party on their own while they went to the kitchen to prepare the meal together. Luckily, Doyoung’s apartment has an open floor plan so they can keep an eye on the kids. After Donghyuck’s concert of some cheesy pop songs, Jeno chose a Super Junior song to which Donghyuck immediately recognized and the two had a dance battle but they both look like kids demonstrating how to propery wash their hands. This made Jaehyun and Doyoung laugh.

 

“This feels nice.” Jaehyun remarked.

 

“What feels nice?” Doyoung asked as he chopped some onions.

 

“This.” Jaehyun pointed to the kids and them. “It feels like a real family and I am enjoying sharing moments like this with you and the kids.” Jaehyun confessed and Doyoung’s heart melted.

 

“I like this too.” Doyoung then leaned in and pecked Jaehyun’s lips making the younger gasp and the older smirk.

 

 

“Papa sing for us!” Donghyuck called out and Doyoung winked at Jaehyun before walking towards the kids and grabbing the mic to sing.

 

Doyoung chose a ballad as well and when he started to sing, Jaehyun’s world stopped moving.  Jaehyun heard him sing earlier at the party but Doyoung singing only for him, it was something else. Doyoung’s voice was like a choir of angels, he has that sweet tone with ppower control unlike anyone Jaehyun had encountered. Doyoung looked eyes with him and Jaehyun smiled at how beautiful Doyoung was with pink stained cheeks, eyes wide and lips curled into a smile.

 

“You are amazing papa!” Dongyuck hugged his father and Jeno did the same thing, urging his father to join the group hug.

 

Doyoung laughed at the appreciation, it’s been years since he had sangin front of people aside from Donghyuck, Taeil or Jisung and it’s really nice to sing for Jaehyun and for the younger to appreciate him.

 

“together! Like Jungwoo saem and Kun saem!” Jeno chirped and Donghyuck cheered along. Jaehyun looked at the kids and nodded, choosing another ballad as the stew they were cooking simmered on the stove top.

 

After a bit of discussion, they divided the parts and started singing. Their voices were perfect for each other and as if the world around them never existed, the two sang their hearts out with glazed eyes and rapid beating hearts.

 

Once the kids were ut to sleep and both tucked in hugging their own stuffed toys, Jaehyun and Doyoung found themselves by the balcony holding beers and gazing out into the night sky.

 

“You really have a nice house.”  Jaehyun remarked.

 

“Thank you. You have an amazing voice.” Doyoung praised the younger.

 

“We shouldn’t be pressured to move in just because everyone else is doing it.” Jaehyun started and it made Doyoung rise a brow. “I know what I said and I would really love for us to be a family, but if that is our reason, I don’t think it’s healthy.” Jaehyun said and Doyoung nodded.

 

“That’s a good point.” Doyoung remarked. “I would really like you both here though.” Doyoung said and Jaehyun looked at him and smiled.

 

“You do?” Jaehyun asked and Doyoung nodded.

 

“Yeah, you both are special to me and I hadn’t felt so happy like I did when I spend time with you and Jeno.” Dyoung confessed.

 

“Me too.” Jaehyun smiled and then took a swig of his beer. “You know what, let’s ask the kids about their preferences?” Jaehyun suggested and Doyoung nodded.

 

“Smart move.” Doyoung laughed and Jaehyun took the chance to move closer to him until he was back hugging the older and slightly taller male and he’s resting his head on Doyoung’s shoulder.

 

The wind blew gently and Doyoung chuckled as he outstretched his hands. “This feels like a scene from Titanic.” He chuckled and Jaehyun laughed along with him.

 

 

----

 

Jeno and Donghyuck woke up to the smell of freshly toasted bread and strong coffee. The two moved from their bed and went to the kitchen to find their parents happily chatting while holding mmugs of coffee. The two smiled at walked back to Donghyuck’s room smiling and giggling at how happy their parents look.

 

“your house is really pretty Donghyuck.” Jeno remarked as he followed the younger towards the bathroom.

 

“Wanna stay here??” Donghyuck asked and Jeno nodded.

 

“It’s cool here.” Jeno replied.

 

“Won’t you miss your room?” Donghyuck asked and Jeno shook his head.

 

“Not if I can play with you and Papa.” Jeno replied and Donghyuck smiled at him.


“Come on, brush our teeth then breakfast.”  Donghyuck said and the two of them took turns standing on the step stool Doyoung got for Donghyuck for that purpose and brushed their teeth as best as they could.

 

Once they were done, they came running to their parent who were about to wake them up and both were impressed to see them cleaned up. They were lifted onto their seats and they ate their breakfast happily.

 

“How do you find our house Jeno?” Doyoung asked and Jeno gave a thumbs up.

 

‘It’s really nice papa!” Jeno said then took a sip of his milk. “It’s really big!” Jeno replied animatedly.

 

‘What about our house then Hyuckie?” Jaehyun asked and Donghyuck gave him thumbs up as well.

 

‘Which house do you prefer then?” Doyoung asked and both Jeno and Donghyuck shouted here  at the same time making both Doyoung and Jaehyun smile.

 

“You really want to stay here Jeno?” Jaehyun asked and the boy nodded. ‘okay sweetheart.” Jaehyun said and both kids at them with confused faces.

 

“Do you wanna go to Jeju Jeno?” Doyoung asked and the boy furrowed his brows.

 

“You’re acting weird papa.” Jeno replied and Doyoung laughed.

 

“I am not.” Doyoung replied. “So wanna go to Jeju with us and meet Donghyuck’s Moms?” Doyoung asked and Jeno pouted.

 

“Why?” Jeno asked back.

 

“Cause I want them to meet my other son and my boyfriend.” Doyoung replied and took a sip of his coffee, waiting for Jeno to digest the information.

 

“other son?” Jeno asked and Donghyuck gasped and hit Jeno’s arm.

 

‘You’re my brother now Jeno.” Donghyuck shrieked and once the information settled in, Jeno gasped and looked at his father then to Doyoung who were both smiling at him.

 

He smiled wide, turning his eyes into crescents, and nodded happily.

 

 

-----

 

a/n: sorry if this is short and a little too OCC. Anyway, NCT Dream Comeback is happening and we are being blessed by our dreamies ^^ and who squealed seeing NCT127 act like their dads. Doyoung sure was wide eyed and had to imitate Haechan. And when Jisung snapped, Sicheng snapped too ^^

 

and the balcony scene? Blame it on Doyoung’s update, he looked damn good in that night shot.

 

The Jungs and Kims are going on a Jeju Trip!!! Yay!!!