A trip to paradise

Dream Kindergarten

a/n: well we will get the JohnTen Vacay in Thailand featuring two loud sons

 

 

----

Johnny and Ten had slept through their alarm that when Ten’s mom knocked and woke them up, they were a frantic mess. Pim laughed at how the two acted but eventually helped them by bathing Lucas and mark and helped them get ready. Ten’s father drove them to the airport and after quick hugs, they were through and seated in the smaller plane off to Krabi. Ten sighed as he fastened his seatbelt and Johnny settled next to him. They looked at their sons who were excited to go to the beach and exchanged smiles.

 

After they arrived at Krabi, they took a taxi to take them to Ao Nang. They thanked  Ten’s parents mentally for arranging this for them because they are damned if they had to take a bus or drive to their destination since both of them aren’t well versed with the roads of Krabi. The drive took about 30 minutes and just in time to catch a boat to Railay beach. They were given life vest for safety and then led to board the boat with their luggage. The ride took a little over 20 minutes but when they arrived, they were welcomed by a bright sun, white sand and a cool breeze.

 

 

Welcome to Railay.” A hotel staff greeted them and Ten handed his invite. She checked it and smiled at him before gesturing to follow her. “Mr. Maurer had booked a room for you and your family, this way sir Chittaphon.”  She said and led them into a spacious room, with twin beds. “Rehearsal dinner will be at seven.” She said and bid her goodbye.

 

“It’s beautiful here.” Johnny mused, taking out his camera almost instantly to take photos of the place and the kids.

 

 

“I’m hungry.” Lucas whined and  that made Ten chuckle and help his son out of his street clothes to change into comfortable shorts and a sleeveless muscle shirt then changed Mark into a similar pair of shorts and a tank top.

 

 

“We’ll just change then we can go eat lunch before enjoying the beach.” Ten informed them and went to change into a cotton polo and shorts, Johnny changed into something similar after him.

 

 

Before they left their room, Ten brought a long a huge bag of towels, sun screen, hat, fan and umbrella and Johnny was kind enough to carry the heavy bag for him. Lunch was enjoyed wwhile watching the water, eating fresh seafood and sipping coconut water. Lucas enjoyed the food the most, missing the taste of Thailand and exclaiming how good they are; Ten promised himself to learn Thai cuisine more for his son.

 

 

“To the beach!” Lucas exclaimed and he instantly pulled Mark to ran towards the sandy beach.

 

 

“Hey, apply sunscreen first!” Ten yelled out, chasing his sons while hholding two bottles of sunscreen.

 

Johnny laughed as he watched them, and eventually took snaps of them, smiles registering  on each picture he took. He followed after them, taking the bag with him and smiling as he enjoyed the sun. He ran into a couple on the way to his family and he was surprised to see that it was Maureen, someone from his past.

 

 

“Johnny!!!” Ten ran towards him and eventually stopped next to him to put back one bottle of sunscreen into the bag when he noticed the two persons with him.

 

 

Hi Ten, it’s been a while.” The guy greeted and Ten looked at Johnny before smiling back.

 

 

Hi Mauro, it was. How are you?” Ten said and Mauro gestured to the girl next to him.

 

This is Maureen, she’s my fiancé.” Mauro introduced her and the girl extended a hand to Ten to shake.

 

 

Hi, congratulations on getting married.”  Ten said and motioned for Johnny.”This is Johnny, my boyfriend.” Ten beamed and Johnny shook hands with Mauro but before he could do so with Maureen, she smiled at him and greeted him.

 

 

I hope you remembered me Johnny.” Maureen said and Johnny nodded.

 

 

Of course.” Johnny replied and that made both Ten and Mauro confused.

 

 

She’s Mark’s mother.” Johnny said and Mauro looked at Maureen and nodded in understanding.

 

 

We did not keep secrets from each other, she told me of her past, having a child and all as I did share dating a guy before.” Mauro informed them.

 

 

That’s good to hear, I hope I wasn’t given a bad reputation.” Ten said and Maureen shook his head.

 

 

All good things, you took care of Mauro and I am thankful for it.” Maureen said and turned to Johnny. “I hope I didn’t earn a bad reputation.” She said with a hopeful voice and Johnny nodded.

 

 

I did not mention you much since you requested for it.”  Johnny replid and that made Maureen nod solemnly.

 

 

Dad!” They turned to watch two boys ran towards them and Ten introduced them as their sons, Lucas and Mark. Maureen looked at Mark and then to Johnny who nodded.

 

 

“Mark, I want you to meet someone, This is Maureen and she’s your mom.” Johnny said and Mark’s face sporteda frown and then he glared at the girl before shying away.

 

 

I don’t have a mom! I only have dad and papa!” Mark yelled then ran away.

 

 

Go after him.” Ten said and Johnny excused himself and ran after Mark. “He’s not usually like this, he’s really behave albeit shy around new people.” Ten explained.

 

 

I understand if he hates me, it’s not like I became a mom to him.” Maureen said sadly.

 

 

Don’t say that. This is just new to Mark, I am sure he’ll come around. Please don’t worry about him, you two are getting married, let’s not ruin your wedding.” Ten comforted her.

 

 

You really are a good person Ten. Thank you for taking care of Johnny and Mark.” She said and Mauro kissed her cheek.

 

 

Thank you for coming, we’ll see you at dinner.” Mauro said and excused himself and Maureen.

 

 

What happened papa?”  Lucas asked and Ten sighed as he pulled his son to find Mark and Johnny.

 

 

Aunt Maureen is Mark’s mother.” Ten eexplained and Lucas furrowed his brows.

 

 

Will they take Mark away?” Lucas asked and Ten shook his head.

 

 

No honey, they won’t take Mark away from us.  Mark belongs with Johnny just as much as you belong to me.” Ten explained and Lucas nodded.

 

 

Please don’t let them take Mark away! He’s my brother!”  Lucas shouted and Ten sighed an hugged his son.

 

 

We won’t allow them okay, we are Mark’s family.” Ten assured his son and wiped the tears from Lucas’ face. It was touching his Lucas had grown attached to Mark, like they were meant to be brothers and it just gripped his heart and solidified his desire to have Johnny and Mark as his family.

 

 

---

 

 

Johnny sighed as he placed the bag down on the sand and sat next to Mark who had his face buried on his knees. He pulled the body close to him and patted his son’s hair, making the boy look at him with tearful eyes.

 

 

“How are you buddy?” Johnny asked and Mark blinked away the tears.

 

 

“You’re not going to give me away right Dad?” Mark asked and Johnny’s heart ached at his son’s words.

 

 

“Of course not, you’re my son.” Johnny assured him. “But Maureen is your mother.” Johnny said and that made Mark tear up.

 

 

“I don’t need her. I don’t need a mom, I’ve got papa Ten already! Are you leaving papa Ten?” Mark asked and Johnny wiped the tears away from his son’s face.

 

 

“You don’t need to need her, but Maureen is still your mother.” Johnny started and Mark whimpered. “I am not leaving Ten because I love him as much as I love you and Lucas, you three are precious to me, you are my treasure.” Johnny assured him and Mark looked at his father and hugged him. “But I want you to at least accept Maureen as your mother, she gave birth to you.” Johnny said and Mark shook his head. ‘Come on buddy, it’s her wedding soon and she’ll have kids of her own She won’t take you away from me but at least let her love you as his son.” Johnny said and Mark sighed.

 

 

“You’re really not leaving papa Ten?” Mark asked and Johnny nodded. “You’re not giving me away?” Mark asked and johnny again nodded. “I love you Dad.” Mark said and Johnn kissed his son’s forehead and hugged him tightly.

 

 

“I love you too Mark.” Johnny smiled and held his son tightly, he’ll never give away this precious kid; hell fight tooth and nail for him.

 

 

“Dad!” They heard Lucas and Johnny opened his arms as Lucas crash into him. “Don’t let them take Mark away.” Lucas whined and it made Johnny chuckle.

 

 

“No I won’t let that happen.” Johnny assured Lucas who held him tightly. “I won’t let you and Ten go away too. Got that?” Johnny said and soon he felt soft lips on his.

 

 

“I won’t let you go away too.” Ten replied and then sat next to him, pulling Mark to him to cuddle him. Mark willingly hugged Ten and he smiled, this is his family.

 

 

“How did Maureen take it?” Johnny asked and Ten sighed.

 

 

“She’s hurt but I told her to give Mark some time. It’s her wedding after all and we don’t want her upset.” Ten answered.

 

 

“Small world huh? Your ex and my sort-of ex.” Johnny said and Ten nodded next to him.

 

 

“Perhaps we really need to meet to have our closure.” Ten said and Johnny sighed loudly.

 

 

“Maybe this is fate.” Johnny said and when Ten turned to look at him, he was surprised as Johnny leaned in to kiss him.

 

 

They ended up laughing as they tickled their sons and as soon as the kids escaped, they ran into the water to play. Johnny was about to join them when Ten pulled him into a kiss once more and told him to apply sunscreen first, leaving him as he joined the kids out into the water.

 

 

 

----

 

 

The wedding was beautiful and Johnny got to experience the Thai tradition, with Ten explaining the activity to him. Johnny took everything in, from the colorful and loud procession to the intimate blessings given to the couple. Mauro and Maureen looked deeply in love and Jhnny was happy that she found her happiness. They didn’t have that back then, they both had Mark as an accident and they were never even close to begin with but he respected her as a person and as Mark’s mother; he is still grateful that she went through with her pregnancy. Mark was looking at the couple solemnly and Johnny hugged his son to comfort him. Mark then looked at his father with a smile and when it’s their turn to pour water on ther couple’s hands, Mark took the silver cup and smiled at his mother.

 

 

I forgive you.” Mark muttered softly and Maureen teared up hearing it from her son.

 

She nodded and smiled at him, it made her feel light to have that worry off of her chest. “Thank you.” She responded and Mark bowed his head a bit and left.

 

 

“You did well Mark, I am proud of you.” Ten said and kissed his cheek, and Mark smiled and kissed Ten’s sheek back.

 

 

“Thanks papa.” He greeted back and soon enough Lucas joined his brother in attacking Ten with hugs.

 

 

The reception was grand and food was overflowing. Lucas enjoyed eating a lot of delicious food while expressing his delight In various exclamations that made Mark laugh. Maureen and Mauro walked up to them and almost instantly, Ten and Johnny congratulated them while Lucas glared at them and Mark shyly extended a hand to Maureen.

 

 

Congratulations.” Mark said and Maureen smiled and shook his hand.

 

 

Thank you.” Maureen thanked him sincerely and Mark went down his seat and hugged her legs. She completely broke down and went down to level with her son to hug him properly. “Thank you so much Mark.” She said and to her surprise, Mark kissed her cheek.

 

 

I am staying with dad.”  Mark said and Maureen nodded.

 

 

Of course. I will not take you away from Johnny and Ten.” She assured Mark and then leaned in to whisper something to her son. Mark grinned and nodded before giving her a high five then returning to his seat. “Thank you so much. Please enjoy your stay.” Maureen blew them a kiss and left with Mauro to meet the other guests.

 

 

“What was that secret?” Johnny coaxed his son but Mark shook his head.

 

 

“Not gonna tell.” Mark sing-songed and that made Johnny pout.

 

 

“Fine.” Johnny huffed but laughed as Lucas managed to scream in delight as he ate his dessert.

 

---

 

They spent another day at Railay beach and the four of them enjoyed swimming and building sand castles, even burying Johnny in the sand only to get up and scare the kids into running around the sand. Ten and Johnny took a lot of pictures and in a rare chance, Maureen and had their picture taken. Johnny promised to send them to her and she was grateful to be forgiven and accepted, that’s all she ever wanted to move on and have a life with her husband.

 

Why don’t you take a family picture?” Mauro suggested and Ten took Johnny’s camera and pushed him over to where Mark and Maureen stood.

 

Johnny sighed and walked over to where Mark was excited to have his father with him. Mauro chuckled as he watched the two act as awkward strangers while Ten clicked his tongue in annoyance as they looked stiff as popsicle sticks.

 

 

Oh come on, smile a little.” Ten groaned and Lucas ran over to punch Johnny on the legs.

 

 

Don’t make papa angry.” Lucas demanded and Johnny laughed and nodded.

 

 

After that, they eventually eased up and took pictures like a happy family, with Mark as the center and the only connection that they’ll ever have.

 

“Invite me to your wedding Johnny.” She said to him and Johnny nodded and smiled.

 

 

Now to take revenge. Lucas, why don’t you, Ten and uncle Mauro take pictures too?” Johnny inquired and almost immediately, Lucas dragged his father to pose for Johnny.

 

 

Maureen pushed Mauro over to where they were and laughed as she held Mark’s hand as they waited in the distance.

 

 

Oh heck, come here and act like my boyfriend, let’s cheat on our other halves.” Ten said and that made Mauro laugh.

 

 

Oh ever the feisty one. You never changed Ten.” Mauro remarked and they took pictures like they were a family.

 

 

Johnny then asked a hotel staff to take pictures of them and this time, Maureen joined his husband while Johnny stood next to Ten. They all smiled happily and the camera captured something more than their smiles: it was their start to their own fairytale stories.

 

 

Why not a kiss?” The staff suggested and the kids agreed, urging their parents to do so. Ten shrugged his shoulders and pulled Johnny to a kiss while Mauro gently kissed his wife. “Wonderful” The staff remarked and handed back the camera to Johnny. They thanked him and soon they were bidding goodbyes.

 

 

---

As they took a night stroll at the beach, just the two of them in the quiet night, Johnny and Ten felt at peace and comfortable enough to venture into thoughts far forward to what they are now. Witnessing Mauro and Maureen’s wedding had them thinking of what they really want for their family and themselves, and that was each other. As the waves gently crashed and touched their feet, Johnny eventually went down on his knees and pulled out his mother’s engagement ring, an heirloom he got when he returned to Korea, and proposed to Ten.

 

There were no extravagant props or music, no flowers nor fireworks, but Ten had cried as Johnny inserted the ring on his finger and he kissed Johnny like there was no tomorrow.

 

IT was rather fast, only a month had passed since they got to know each other, but why count the time when they were sure that they were meant for each other?  Yet they both knew even if they were engaged, it will take a lot more time before they tie the knot, but at least now they were sure that they were taking the same road together.

 

 

 

“Mark will freak out.” Ten said but as soon as they entered their hotel room, Lucas and Mark sprung out of their beds and hugged them, both were afraid that their dads were missing.

 

 

“We will never leave you.” Johnny kissed both their foreheads to soothe their worries.

 

 

“Guess what honey?” Ten said and Lucas eyed his father.

 

 

“What papa?” Lucas asked and Ten showed his ring finger.

 

“Isn’t that grandma’s?” Mark asked and Johnny nodded. “Why is appa wearing it?” Mark asked and Johnny grinned at him.

 

 

“Because I love your Papa very much.” Johnny said and in an instant, Lucas and Mark hugged their parents making them fall on the bead in heaps of giggles and laughters plus occasional kisses.

 

 

---

 

a/n: Fine blame me for making Johnten move too fast. They are engaged after a month. A month.

 

Damn what was I thinking?