Welcome Home

Dream Kindergarten

A/N: I had a craving of fluff so here it is

 

 

---

 

Jungwoo was surprised when the car that was supposed to drive them home took a turn at a very expensive and exclusive looking subdivision. He eyed the beautiful houses and can’t help the feeling of insecurity with how rich Kun is.

 

“Are you okay Jungwoo?” Kun asked and Jungwoo shook his head.

 

 

“I just feel overwhelmed.” Jungwoo said and Kun made him lean on his shoulder as his arm wrap around the younger’s waist.

 

“It’s okay, this is a big jump for you.” Kun said and Jungwoo smiled. “We can move to my apartment first if you like.” Kun offered but Jungwoo shook his head.

 

 

“I can get over it ge, I can manage.” Jungwoo said and pecked Kun’s cheek. “I gotta learn how to deal with all of this, for you and for Chengxiao.” Jungwoo said and Kun smiled.

 

 

“Don’t force yourself okay?” Kun said and Jungwoo nodded.

 

 

The house was huge and Jungwoo was sure he would get lost in it. “Hello, I am Yixing, your butler.” The man introduced himself and Kun hugged the man.

 

“Just Kun please, I missed you ge!” Kun remarked.

 

 

“Like-wise master Kun.” Yixing beamed and hugged his master. “Miss Chengxiao, how have you been princess?” he asked Chengxiao who smiled and gave him a hug. “Master Jungwoo, how was your flight?” He asked and Jungwoo smiled and thanked him for the concern.

 

 

“Yixing ge is fluent in both Chinese and Korean so he’ll be able to help Chengxiao adjust to the language.” Kun informed him.

 

 

“Can he teach me Chinese too?” Jungwoo asked and Yixing nodded.

 

 

“Of course master.” Yixing said and took their luggage, summoning two younger Chinese attendants to help him put them away. “Your belongings have been transferred here Kun.” Yixing informed him. “We can arrange to get Master Jungwoo’s things.” Yixing added and Jungwoo nodded.

 

 

“Just Jungwoo please.” Jungwoo informed Yixing who nodded and smiled at him.

 

 

“Shall we prepare lunch?” Yixing asked and Kun shook his head.

 

 

“I want to sleep, dinner would be noce though.” Kun said and Yixing took note of that. “And we’ll get Jungwoo’s things tomorrow.” Kun added and the butler took off to arrange it.

 

 

“I have to get used to this.” Jungwoo muttered and Kun kissed his forehead.

 

 

“You don’t have to if you are uncomfortable.” Kun assured him. “Baobei, we’re taking a nap, want to join us?”  Kun called out and Chengxiao suddenly appeared out of nowhere, crashing on Jungwoo’s legs and beaming her almost pertfect pearly whites.

 

 

Jungwoo laughed and scooped the girl up and kissed her cheek before they went to the master bedroom to sleep the tiredness away.

 

---

 

Yuta and Taeyong went straight to the realtor’s office to sign the papers for their new condominium and the realtor chuckled at their luggages but this was a priority.

 

 

“I would really like to congratulate both of you on your engagement and getting your house together. May it be a witness to your growing family.” He said and both Yuta and Taeyong thanked him.

 

“How soon can we move in?” Yuta asked and the realtor checked the calendar.

 

“Processing this would take a few days, so the turnover of the unit will be right after.” He answered and both Yuta and Taeyong nodded and thanked him.

 

 

It felt surreal as they entered Taeyong’s apartment and placed their luggages inside the bedrooms. Taeyong was tearing up, this was a witness to his fatherhood, how he sacrificed his own time to raise Jaemin as his son. Taeyong felt warm arms around him and a kiss on his temple making his tears involuntary fall as he watched Jaemin and Renjun ran around the living room, with smile on their faces and not a care on this world.

 

 

“You okay?” Yuta asked and Taeyong shook his head. He then wrapped his arm around his fiancé and cried his heart out.

 

 

“This place just held too much memory for me and Jaemin, I can’t believe we’re leaving this all behind.” Taeyong said and Yuta kissed his fiance’s head.

 

 

“It’ll be okay, you’re going to make more memories with Jaemin.” Yuta consoled him.

 

 

“With you too?” Taeyong asked and Yuta smiled.

 

 

“Of course, Me and Renjun too.” Yuta assured him.

 

“Dada?” Jaemin asked and Taeyong pulled himself off of Yuta.

 

 

“Yeah Nana?” Taeyong wiped his tear stained face.

 

 

“Why are you sad?” Jaemin asked and Taeyong smiled and kissed his son’s cheek.

 

 

“Just being nostalgic. I’m gonna miss this place.” Taeyong cuddled his son.

 

 

“me too.” Renjun said and hugged Taeyong making the older laugh and hug both kids close to his chest and kissed their cheeks.

 

 

“Please stop being gross Taeyong.” Yuta laughed but joined them in the hug fest.

 

 

After resting for a while, Taeyong cooked them some food and sat next to Yuta in the living room as they booked a moving truck to get their stuff. They had to bring in their existing furnitures with them and Taeyong’s kitchen appliances, and that was a bit tricky.

 

 

“Are you bringing these Nana?” They heard Renjun asked as the two were sorting through Jaemin’s stuff.

 

“yeah! That was the clothes I came with. Dada told me.” Jaemin said and Taeyong started tearing up as he saw Jaemin for the first time in those ratty excuse for clothes.

 

 

“Hey.” Yuta pulled him into a hug and Taeyogn laughed through the tears.

 

 

“Why do I feel and look like I had just gone through a breakup?” Tayeong asked and Yuta laughed and kissed him.

 

 

“This is your moment anyway. Besides, I’m probably gonna ugly cry myself when we pack my stuff.” Yuta tried and Taeyong laughed a bit more.

 

 

“You’re right.” Taeyong then fed Yuta who happily munched on the kimchi fried rice. “We’re finally going to hang our family picture?” Taeyong asked and Yuta smiled and nodded.

 

 

“I can’t wait for us to spend the rest of our lives as a family.” Yuta beamed and Taeyong leaned in to kiss him.

 

 

---

 

 

Yuta’s not much different when he started packing and Renjun had to sit next to him as they sort through the different art supplies and collected drawings and arts that Renjun did over the years. It really was difficult for Yuta losing his sister and raising a son at the same time but the joy that Renjun gave him was all worth it.

 

 

“Remember this usagi?” Yuta asked as he kissed Renjun’s head.

 

 

“I do.” Renjun smiled at him and Yuta was reminded of why he never regretted raising Renjun as his own.

 

Taeyong and Jaemin were waiting in the living room wth take out and once Taeyong saw is fiancé in tears, he hugged him and kissed his cheek. Yuta was absolutely right when he said he wll cry but Taeyong would argue that he’s not ugly because damn, Yuta was still as gorgeous when he cries.

 

 

“You okay neko?” Taeyong asked and it made Yuta laugh.

 

 

“I am.” Yuta said and Jaemin ran to hug him. “I really am.” Yuta said and hugged Jaemin tightly.

 

 

The last night at their apartment was spent like their first night. Since it was moving day the morning after, both Taeyong and Yuta slept in their respective apartments with their sons tucked in their arms and recalling all the fond memories they had shared, from the day they had first stepped inside to the countless nights changing diapers, to witnessing their first words. Their houses were witnesses of the love and sacrifice they gave to Renjun and Jaemin, not sons by birth but truly their sons by heart.

 

They both know that closing this chapter in their lives meant starting another one and with that, they closed their eyes and welcomed the blooming hope in their souls, they are getting a family and a home together.

 

 

---

 

 

Chengxiao was at awe with Jungwoo’s apartment and when the older led her to his room, she immediately walked to the bedside table where a picture of him and Kun with their students was displayed. It was taken at the start of the year, and Chengxiao can see Chenle and Jisung with them, making the kid smile as she pointed this out to his gaurdians.

 

 

“Where do you want to start?” Kun asked, pulling the cardboard boxes inside the bedroom to assemble them.

 

 

“Closet.” Jungwoo said and slid open the door to reveal his wardrobe.

 

Chengxiao went inside and giggled as she grabbed a sweater and pulled it on her. She looked adorable in the peach sweater that is sizes too big and swallowing her.

 

 

“Chengxiao is so cute!” Jungwoo coed and Chengxiao giggle and hugged him after the quick translation.

 

 

“Are we keeping all the clothes?” Kun asked and Jungwoo shook his head.

 

 

“I will donate some of them.” Jungwoo said and Kun nodded and started pulling out things from the closet to hand to Jungwoo for folding.

 

 

Can I look around?” Chengxiao asked and Kun asked Jungwoo who nodded.

 

“Be careful.” Jungwoo reminded the girl who smiled and nodded.

 

 

“You’re really sweet you know.” Kun mentioned as he handed Jungwoo some more clothes.

 

 

“I’ve been like this.” Jungwoo said and Kun was just happy he could call Jungwoo his own.

 

“Are you really okay parting with your home?” Kun asked and Jungwoo nodded.

 

“Of course! Home is a place you feel safest and loved, and that’s with you and Chengxiao.” Jungwoo answered and Kun can’t help it if his heart just did a back flip, Jungwoo is truly a gift from God.

 

“We’re just taking your clothes and pictures?” Kun asked and Jungwoo nodded.

 

 

“A few knick knacks and the rest can be donated.” Jungwoo replied, Jungwoo is a sweetheart through and through.

 

---

 

Yuta and Renjun knocked on Ryeowook’s apartment and the older gave them a warm hug. “I can’t believe I won’t be cooking for you two anymore.” He said and Yuta laughed.

 

“Thank you so much hyung. You helped me a lot in raising Renjun.” Yuta bowed sincerely, Renjun copying his father.

 

 

“It’s okay Yuta, finding a man to spend your life with is already enough payment. I’m finally seeing you happy and complete.” Ryeowook said and hugged him one more time.

 

 

“I will miss you hyung.” Yuta said and handed him a parting gift, a set of new cooking pots and pans that delighted the older.

 

 

“I’ll use it well Yuta.” He beamed and the two excused themselves to supervise the moving.

 

 

It was chaotic with all the wrapping and boxing that was happening, and Yuta found it exhausting. But when the clutter was cleared up and they were left with an empty space, Yuta sighed and tugged his son towards himself, they are really ending this chapter in their lives. Renjun kissed his father’s check and started pulling him towards the door. Yuta stood on his full height and followed his son out of the room, they are a step closer to happiness.

 

 

 

Yuta and Renjun arrived later than Taeyong and Jaemin but as soon as the door opened, Jaemin ran to hug Yuta who almost stumbled back at the force. “I miss you touchan.” Jaemin greeted and Yuta had to kiss the younger to let him go. Taeyong looked at them fondly and gave Renjun a kiss when the toddler approached him before kissing Yuta on the cheek and noticing Yuta wearing the earing he had proposed with.

 

 

“We got to finish this so we can pick out proper engagement rings.” Taeyong said and Yuta glared at him.

 

“I like my engagement earring just fine.” Yuta replied but Taeyong just shoved him inside and asked the moving company to start unloading all the items they brought ffromm both apartments. They had already sorted them and put the other stuff for donation to local welfare units for re-allocation and stuck to their essentials.

 

 

The moving commenced and since they live up a few floors, the moving company had a lift to brng the heavier pieces of furnitures through the balcony. The kids wee amazed but kepttheir distance as they watched the sofas and tables being entered through the balcony. Taeyong was mostly in charge of the boxes being un packed by the other movers while Yuta made sure that the kids were still at their place and behaving while he started with Renjun’s clothes inside the closet.

 

 

After the chaos settled, the furntures set, the bedsheets chosen and some boxe half unpacked, the family of four settled on the sofa with take out takoyaki, tonkatsu, kimchi jjigae, bibimbap, ddokboki and started eating their first meal together in their house. It felt a sense of relief and with smiles on their faces, they all knew that this was going to be the best years of their lives.

 

 

“We got to do a house warming party.” Yuta suggested and Taeyong nodded.

 


“Of course, but after Jeno’s birthday.” Taeyong remarked and Yuta nodded.

 

 

“We don’t have gift for Jeno.” Renjun piped up.

 

 

“Oh, fudge brownies, we gotta buy it tomorrow.” Taeyong almost cursed and Yuta glared at him.

 

 

The first night at their house was a family affair and they all snuggled into the large king bd in the master bedroom with tired but contented smiles.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: If you’ve read some of my stories, you would know how I would watch youtube videos to get me in the mood. I watched a few adoption videos and it just broke my heart; I drew from that emotion to write the yutae parts because the sacrifice Yutae did for their sons.