Eight

My light in the dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

----Chapter Eight----

 

The four girls arrive at the venue a little after 11 pm, later than they'd planned to. Lisa changed her outfit three times, then Jennie couldn't find her purse anywhere and ran around their dorm trying to find it -- it couldn't be any other purse, only that one fitted with her outfit - to finally find it under Jisoo's bed who had to defend herself as she had no idea how it got there.

Minho has reserved the complete second floor of the huge club and has hired extra security in order to avoid uninvited guests slipping inside. They stand in front of the doors with lists in hands, staring intensely at anyone who approaches them.

Chaeyoung nervously looks around the club, unfamiliar with its chic and modern design. Blackpink isn't allowed to go clubbing, so it's their first time inside a nightclub.

Unless her members are keeping secrets from her.

While the three other girls went with dresses, Chaeyoung opted for skinny black pants and a silver crop top. The girls egged her to wear stilettos to make the outfit a killer, but she declined after a slight hesitation and chose instead flat ankle boots with little bows on the side.

She doesn't want to impress anyone she told them to which Jennie mouthed 'delusional' right back at her with a sunny smile.

After verifying their identity, the security guards allow them inside where loud EMD music greets them, and the four of them are momentarily struck at the sea of people around the huge room. They're everywhere, in small or large groups, dancing, drinking or talking.

For one moment, Chaeyoung thinks that she could've easily skipped. There's no way Minho would've noticed her absence among this many guests. But no. He's looking forward to all of them being present, and she hates to disappoint the people around her.

"I didn't know Minho had that many friends!" Jennie says loudly in order to be heard over the blasting music.

"How are we going to find anyone in this crowd?" Jisoo whines as she searches around for people she knows.

"Right? Minho oppa really went all out...Ohh, I see Bambam! Catch you later!" Lisa leaves them in a flash with no hesitation to join her childhood friend whose newly dyed electric blue hair makes him easy to spot.

"Ahh, the young one has so much energy," Jisoo jokes as they watch Lisa bounce on Bambam's back.

The three girls slowly move around with no destination in mind. They greet the familiar faces they pass but without stopping to chat.  

Jisoo is next to leave them as she spots Kim Taehyung with some other idols she knows from work after hesitantly glancing at Chaeyoung who shoos her away with a smile.

Chaeyoung really wishes she could teleport back at the dorm and change into her fluffiest pajama, but she follows Jennie who manages to find Minho near the bar and directs them toward him, navigating through countless groups of people.

"Oppa! Happy birthday!"

"Hey! My favorite girls are here!" He sounds a bit drunk, but he moves steadily as he gives them both a loose hug. Bobby, next to him, looks a lot more trashed as he simply giggles at them. "Having fun?"

"We just got here," Jennie answers.

"Then in that case...let's dance!" Without waiting for an answer, he drags Jennie to the dance floor in a swift move, leaving Chaeyoung with drunk Bobby.

She's speechless at how easily all her members left her behind one by one. She would feel deserted, but since they're always together and don't get a chance to see their other friends often, she's happy they actually all went their separate ways.

Besides, it's not like she's alone right now.

"Ahh...it's ChaeChae." She sighs at the ridiculous nickname Bobby decided to give her ever since their little poker game. It sounds like the name one would give to a pet. "I'm really really really sad, you know?"

She decides that drunk Bobby is rather silly and cute. "And why is that?"

"Because......." He pauses for so long she thinks he forgot about what he wanted to say until he lets out an endlessly long sigh and finally continues. "I'm in a one-sided love. But sshhhh, it's a secret," he bends to whisper the latter part but since he has to yell for her to hear over the loud music, it's not as subtle as he probably would've liked.

Thankfully, chances are he won't remember in the morning.

"I promise I won't tell," she solemnly swears, smiling at the endearing side of Bobby she's witnessing right now. "Who's the lucky girl?"

He doesn't speak, but his eyes are locked on a figure in the distance. She follows his gaze and finds Lee Hayi and Hanbin standing in each other's personal space as they chat, soft smiles on their faces. Chaeyoung pats Bobby's shoulder awkwardly. He tears his eyes away from the two and gives her sad smile. "Ahh, I need another drink."

She watches worriedly as he heads to the bar but Junhoe intercepts him before he reaches it and drags him away to the dance floor instead, a safer destination for the drunken rapper though maybe not for the other dancers.

But Chaeyoung knows Junhoe will keep an eye on him.

"Chaeng!" She feels an arm around her waist and turns to see Yeri grinning at her with Seulgi next to her. "What are you doing by yourself? Where are the others?"

"Lisa is with Bambam and some of his friends, Jisoo is with BTS' Taehyung and Jennie went dancing with Minho."

"But why are you standing by yourself, not having fun?" Yeri pouts as she hugs her harder.

"I don't mind, I like watching people interact."

Seulgi chuckles. "Then let's watch people dance and decide who's the best."

"Ohhh, I'm in!" Yeri exclaims and drags them to a spot closer to the dance floor. Chaeyoung is secretly glad for the company. She'd lost sight of her three members easily while talking with Bobby and had felt overwhelmed for a moment, standing by herself among this crowd.

"Let's see..." Yeri drawls, scanning the dancing crowd. "NOT Joy and Sungjae! What are they even doing?" The two other girls start laughing when they spot the ex-married couple moving completely off beat with exaggerated movements. They're easy to notice since the other dancers around them left a good chunk of space around the two.

"Mmm...Oh, NCT's Taey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter