Six

My light in the dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

----Chapter Six----

 

"Do you know what you'll wear?"

Chaeyoung is in her dressing room at Inkigayo to record their first performance. Her stylist has already finished with her makeup and hair and now they're both waiting for Jimin to be ready so they can coordinate their clothes.

His stylist still working on his hair. Its length is much shorter than hers but it seems to take forever to style.

Jisoo has decided to keep her company, but Chaeyoung thinks she just wants to see Jimin and her together so she can get more teasing material for later. Such a good friend.

"Unnie wants me to wear a dress," she answers with a frown. "Why can't I wear pants for once?"

"Because we live in a ist world where female idols have to show off their legs?"

"Jisoo!" Their manager scolds her, but Jisoo brushes it off.

From the other side of the room, Jimin's stylist laughs softly. "You've got some good ones," she says to Blackpink's stylist. "I used to work with girl groups before. All I heard was whining and fighting."

"We got weird though. Jisoo likes to imitate the sound of the hairdryer until it drives everyone crazy," Chaeyoung shares, earning a light hit on her shoulder from Jisoo.

"Yah, it happened only once! I was trying to cheer Lisa up!" Jisoo defends.

"Yeah, it cured her so fast, she started doing the same," Chaeyoung relates which makes Jisoo snickers at the memory.

Jimin's stylist laughs softly from the other side of the room. "Sounds like a fun workplace," she says to Blackpink's stylist who nods in agreement.

"They're good kids."

"Adults!" Jisoo corrects, hands on her hips as she playfully tries to look intimating. It only makes their stylist smile.

"Adults in age, but kids at heart," she teases back before turning her attention back to Jimin's stylist. "It looks to me that it's the same for you."

"Oh yeah, changing jobs is the best decision I ever made. There's just this one here who's never satisfied," she says as points to Jimin's hair.

"I'm not that bad...I just want to look my best for the fans," he argues softly, then starts grinning. "Taehyung is the worst. He used to make up conversations between the makeup brushes," Jimin confides as he and his stylist share a knowing smile.

Jisoo heartily laughs at that and Jimin starts amusing them with more stories staring Taehyung and his weird habits until his stylist and himself are finally both satisfied with his hair. Both of their stylists then get together and display all the clothes they brought to find the perfect match.

Jisoo has to go to rehearse with her fellow MCs, so she leaves reluctantly, demanding to their stylist to send her pictures of everything.

Both of their stylists team up and throw at them a bunch of outfits to try on, then make them stand next to each other and stare at the both of them quite intensely. Every time, they shake their heads and ask them to change again, unsatisfied.

After what feels like hours, they finally agree on the perfect outfit. For Jimin, the stylists chose black skinny pants with a blue dress shirt that showed a hint of his collarbone, and a loose black tie around his neck.

Chaeyoung tries hard not to stare at him too much, but he seriously looks y, and as soon as the thought enters her mind, she frowns. She sees male idols all the time, but she rarely uses that word to describe them. She would think them handsome or cool, but not y.

But all those other words are simply too weak to describe him right now.

She tears her eyes away to try calming her heart who keeps beating as if it were doing a drum solo inside her chest.

She looks down at her dress and tugs it down, to keep herself busy instead of staring at him like a piece of meat. The blue of her dress is a shade darker than his, hugging her body like a second skin with a large black belt around her waist. Ankle black boots finish the outfit. The stylists opted for those instead of heels as they would've lessened their height difference, they said.

"It's fine, stop touching it!" Her stylist chides her, lightly tapping her wrist away from her dress.

"Could I please wear pants next week at Music Core? I'm always wearing dresses or skirts. Lisa got to wear pants a few times. Not fair.."

"Your legs are too y to hide in pants," she answers, winking. After hearing Chaeyoung's groan, she pats her shoulder in support. "I do have an idea for an outfit for your next comeback, you might like it."

Before she can ask for details, a staff member announces that their turn is up soon. The two idols and their people follow the man through the long corridor that leads to the stage.

Chaeyoung twirls her fingers together, feeling an overwhelming nervousness suddenly. She's stood on stage without her members, but that was before. And she hates the weakness that overpowers her and overshadows everything she does and feels.

She has this nightmare that when she stands on stage, all she sees in the crowd is the face of her kidnapper. It's impossible since he's in jail, awaiting his trial. The rational parts of her brain know this, but she can't help the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter