Seven

My light in the dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

----Chapter Seven----

 

Jimin steps in the van after waving at fans who gathered outside the MBC building. He sits down tiredly and stares out the window as his manager drives away. The recording at Music Core just ended and Jimin thought it went well. Their performance surpassed the one at Inkigayo in his eyes, as they were both probably more comfortable with the song and choreography.

And each other maybe?

Chaeyoung herself, on the other hand, had been more closed off and distant. Maybe because her fellow group member hadn't been there to ease her nerves. They hadn't had the chance to talk either, their respective staff members keeping a sort of wall between them.

Maybe he could ask her if anything was bothering her tonight at Minho's birthday party.

He remembers her lack of enthusiasm at the thought of going, but he'd heard her confirm her presence to her manager while they were in the dressing room, grumbling about how Minho would sulk if she doesn't go. Maybe she hates clubbing? 

Or it might be for a completely different reason, and why is he so curious, he should focus on more important things. Like how to style his hair for the party.

But no, he keeps seeing Park Chaeyoung's face when Song Minho mentioned his party. Cornered, that's how she looked to him.

"While you were recording Bang Si-hyuk sent me a message," his manager announces as they stop at a red light, bringing him back from his thoughts. "The both of you receive an offer for a photoshoot for Instyle magazine and it's been accepted by both companies. It's on Wednesday. We had to change your schedule a bit, so I sent you the updated version. You're in high demand," he finishes with a chuckle.

Jimin smiles. Every time he thinks it's the last time they might see each other, something new comes along. He's going to get used to seeing Park Chaeyoung regularly. 

The streaming and download of their song have spiked ever since their Inkigayo stage, and it reflects on the drama OST sales as it also got huge gains. Taehyung had even told him that the views for the YouTube video of their performance are raising crazy fast.

Even more surprisingly, YG had even sent him a message through Bang Si-hyuk to praise his good work ethic, his stage presence, and his singing. It seems he was also impressed by their choreography as he hadn't expected it.

The all-mighty president of YG doesn't seem like the type of man who gives out compliments left and right easily, so Jimin has been quite ecstatic after receiving them.

It's truly a shame that he's never going to stand on stage with Park Chaeyoung ever again.

At least he still has a few more opportunities to meet her.

She intrigues him. She's charismatic and y on stage, putting her all into the performance but offstage, she's kind, albeit a little quiet.

He hadn't been able to hide his worry at Inkigayo when they were heading to the stage. She'd turn pale in an instant and had started shaking. Jin's words had replayed in his mind, and before he could stop himself, he'd taken her hand in his.

She'd calmed afterward, so maybe he'd been able to help. If so, he's glad. She'd aced the performance as if nothing happened.

Her strength amazes him.

What happened to her left its mark, and he wonders how often she struggles.

With a sigh,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter