Five

My light in the dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

----Chapter Five----

 

"So this is Blackpink's training room?" Jimin asks as she shows him inside their practice room.

The two previous days were tiring, filled with schedules. They had a vlive,  a Trevi CF shoot and they spent at least twelve hours recording their new songs under the sergeant-like drills of Teddy. Chaeyoung should feel exhausted, but she's hyped for their new songs instead.

She's also been looking forward to their meeting. For the work experience, she keeps telling herself.

"Yes, sorry for the mess! Lisa was here earlier and she always forgets to clean after herself!" Chaeyoung apologizes as she runs around the room to pick up the towels, socks, shoes, and snacks Lisa left all over the place to dump everything in a remote corner.

"Don't worry about it. Ours can get a lot worse, which is why here's the better choice for practice," Jimin says as he scans the room curiously before turning his attention back to Chaeyoung after she returns to his side. "I had a thought last night, about maybe doing some light choreography? Since it's not a ballad, just standing still while singing might feel boring to the viewers?"

"Do you have an idea in mind?" Chaeyoung actually shares the same thought, that it would be awkward to just stand there, especially with someone she isn't used performing with.

"Some. Let's practice the song first and then I'll show you some ideas?" Jimin proposes and Chaeyoung agrees, curious to see what he came up with. She's not a bad dancer, but she'd seen videos of his dancing when she researched him on the internet previously and they clearly aren't on the same level.

They quickly get down to work and start singing. They decide to forgo the use any backtrack so they have to be perfect, or as close to perfection as possible. They practice non-stop for two full hours, always playing back the music when it ends.

Chaeyoung discovers he's as much as a perfectionist as her.

When they're both satisfied with their performance, Jimin shows Chaeyoung his ideas for the choreography. The moves aren't complicated, but it's enough to kindle their stage with interest. The song could've called for a ier dance, but Jimin thought their fans might not like it. It's still a fun choreography, just very PG rated.

It mostly involves some footwork, one or the other moving in the other's direction, but never close enough, their hands reaching for the other, but never quite touching. It actually illustrates the feeling of the song accurately which she shares with Jimin who looks flustered by her praises.

It doesn't take Chaeyoung long to learn it and they make some adjustments along the way as they dance.

They take a well-deserved break when they're both satisfied with the result. They still have to add the choreography to their live singing, but they've been working nonstop for almost four hours now.

"Are you going to produce your own songs?" Jimin asks after they sit down on the bench and gulp down half their water bottles. He points to the computers and equipment further down the room.

"We want to, but we still have a long way to go," Chaeyoung answers with a sigh. " The world moves so fast, but we're too slow."

"No matter how fast the world moves, you should still go at your own pace. Rushing might make you stumble and fall and when you manage to get up, you realize you're behind even more than before."

Chaeyoung raises her brows. "I wasn't expecting such a philosophical answer. And I get what you mean, it's just frustrating sometimes."

"There is no other group like Blackpink. Even if you're a bit slower, I think people will wait."

Chaeyoung smiles a little. She isn't sure she entirely believes him, but his words give her some warmth.

"Ha, I knew someone would be there!" The door bursts open suddenly, making Chaeyoung yelp and drop her water bottle, but then she rolls her eyes when she sees Song Minho peeking his head from the doorway. When he spots her, he grins and steps inside. His eyes then fall on Jimin sitting next to her. "Hello, welcome to YG. We all heard you'd be coming by today, I'm surprised no one else seems is gathered around."

Jimin jumps to his feet, embarrassed. "It's not a big deal."

"Of course it is. We don' get not many idols outside of YG hanging out here."

"We're working, not 'hanging around'," Chaeyoung defends, getting up to her feet as well.

"Oh, is that what we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter