Interlude: Jisoo

My light in the dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

----Interlude: Jisoo ----

 

Jungkook wants to know what kind of songs you're going to release on your upcoming album. Black or Pink?

Jisoo rolls her eyes at Taehyung's text. Seriously, this guy keeps asking her random questions about Blackpink left and right! She wonders if he only uses s' name for fun, keeping all information for himself instead. Knowing him, probably.

Since they're meeting in about an hour, she definitively won't go easy on him!

There's no way she's giving him inside information. He never does, why should she? Buy the album when it'll come out like everyone else to find out! She chortles as she sends her reply. He probably thought she'd give him a freebie, with all of the girls' autograph too. 

In the beginning, she never thought their friendship would last, but surprisingly they seem to understand each other even with all their differences. He's one of the few people with whom she can be herself, and not the Kim Jisoo idol-persona she displays every day.

The idol life has taken its toll on her,  on the four of them really, especially since Chaeyoung's kidnapping, which changed all of them. Being the oldest, she feels responsible for them all, for the group as a whole.

She tries to keep a strong front for the girls, but after that first award performance following Chaeyoung's kidnapping, her facade had cracked and Taehyung had witnessed it.

'We're friends for life now' is what he told her afterward. She'd snorted, but he'd been so serious, he'd refused to leave her alone until she agreed.

It had been the turning point, where their friendship became more than superficial.

Being friends with Kim Taehyung is like being friends with a tornado. You never know what will hit it you nor how hard, and if you're not careful, you'll end up being swap away in whichever direction he's going.

He annoys her as much as he makes her laugh, and she wouldn't trade his friendship for any other.

Still, she does feel like throttling him once in a while.

She grins as she reminisces about it all while she gets ready to leave for her meeting with Taehyung. She bumps on Lisa on the way out and the younger girl bursts laughing at her appearance, clutching her stomach with tears soon rolling down her cheeks. Jisoo glares as Lisa then tries to take a picture with her phone, but it's probably going to be blurry since she's shaking so much.

Jisoo feels offended, but plays it cool. "See, no one will recognize me like that!" She spins around for Lisa, to prove her point. She's wearing baggy black overalls that hides her silhouette with a plaid yellow blouse underneath and black boots in her feet, her hair is done in low pigtails and on top of her head rests a black bowler hat. To complete the outfit, she wears glasses with huge dark rims and her face is bare of any makeup.

"But everyone will stare at you since you look ridiculous!"

"As long as they don't recognize me, it's fine." 

After warning Lisa to behave as she'll have the dorm all to herself, Jisoo heads toward the venue where she's supposed to meet Taehyung. That guy hasn't even properly explained to her what the plan for the evening is, just that she should disguise herself.

He's lucky she'd been bored, otherwise she wouldn't have agreed without further explanation. Taehyung's little outings are always a hit or miss, and she still feels bitter about the latest one.

In no way does she look like someone who would enjoy pottery. She'd ended up with clay in her face.

She's first to arrive. She waits, her face glued to the venue's entrance instead of the street to avoid meeting anyone's stare. She frowns at the huge neon letters above the double doors. The Black Hole. The name makes her snicker.

"Laughing at yourself?"

Jisoo rolls her eyes at Taehyung's voice behind her. She turns to give him a piece of her mind but halts when she sees the way he's dressed. He's wearing brown pants with green patches and red dots scattered all over, and a black hoodie with Mickey Mouse on the front. He has freckles all over his face and red glasses on his nose.

"Are we doing a comedy sketch? Because if not, poor Mickey doesn't deserve this."

"Mickey will be fine. I said to disguise yourself, but you look ridiculous," he deadpan tells her after scanning her from head to toe.

"No more than you," Jisoo fires back, arms crossed over her chest. She felt confident before leaving the dorm, but with him standing beside her, she's now doubtful about their disguises. One close look and people could still recognize them. Still, Taehyung looks confident enough and she doesn't want to sound like a worrywart. 

Nonetheless, she deeply hopes no one recognizes them and takes a picture. She could already imagine the headlines: ' Kpop idols known for their amazing visuals makestrange fashion statement at The Black Hole'.

He shrugs as his answer and nudges her closer to the door. Jisoo doesn't know what to expect, but after going down some very narrow stairs, they end up in the venue's basement which holds a small stage at the back and a bar near the entrance. The rest of the floor is filled with people standing.

Jisoo frowns at the unexpected sight. This isn't what she imagined, even without knowing anything. There are only a few spots lighting the room, so at least, they'll have an easier time passing incognito.

Taehyung leads her through countless groups of people scattered around the floor until they reach the opposite side, near the wall where they have a good view of the stage, but still far enough that they don't attract any attention.

"Ok, can you explain now? What is this? A comedy sketch? Some poetry reading? A socialist monologue?"

Taehyung refuses to answer and Jisoo considers actually strangling him, but she would still be answerless. She then tries to listen to the conversations around her to get any hint of what's about to come, but everyone is talking about their day, their family or the government's latest stunt.

It's frustrating, but she does the only thing she can. Wait. With Taehyung standing like a statue next to her.

After what feels like an eternity, the lights completely go off for a moment before a single spot reveals a figure in the middle of the stage.

The crowd cheers and Jisoo eyes Taehyung, more confused than ever.

His leader, Kim Namjoon, is standing on stage, a mic in his hand.

"The owner of this place is someone with whom Namjoon used to hang out when he was an underground rapper. All the people here are from that day, either fans, friends or people involved in the scene," Taehyung explains in a low voice as Namjoon is giving an introduction speech on the stage.

Oh, so NOW he talks!

"That's really cool...but why am I here?" she asks, still confused. While she's come to appreciate hip-hop through her friends and her exposition to the genre since joining YG, she has never attended a show such as this. This is more Jennie's style. Or even Chaeyoung's since the girl is such a music freak.

"Why not?"

Right. There's no point in asking Taehyung anything. So, she ignores the man next to her and turns her attention to the one on the stage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter