Four

My light in the dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---- Chapter Four ----

 

Two weeks later, the girls sit on the couch, cuddled together, to watch the drama's premiere and listen to Chaeyoung's song for the first time. They'd work nonstop on their new album and it's the first night in a while where they can spend the evening relaxing with each other.

"The one with Jimin sunbaenim will be the first one, right? At the end the first episode, right?" Lisa asks, bouncing on the couch with excitement.

"Yes, and yes, as I've told you before each time you've asked me this question," Chaeyoung patiently answers. "It'll be the closing song for the first eight episodes I think? Then my solo song will be used toward the end."

"I can't wait!" Jisoo claps her hands happily as the drama started.

It makes her smile to see her members' enthusiasm for her solo work.

Blinks are also looking forward to the song. They've posted so many nice and encouraging messages, Chaeyoung teared up reading through them. Jisoo had bravely gone through Army's twitter to judge their reaction to the collab and she affirmed it was mostly positive. 'There will always be haters, you can't please everyone, just concentrate on the positive' Jisoo had told her after reporting her findings.

They watch the drama in complete silence as it draws them all in. It's an action/spy/romance that keeps them on the edge of their seat from beginning to end. As the last seconds arrive, the song starts to play. Lisa immediately gets up on the couch and starts cheering, Jisoo soon joining her.

Jennie rolls her eyes at them but hugs Chaeyoung. "It seriously sounds awesome. I hope it charts well."

"There's also songs by Davichi, Taeyeon and Tiger JK on the OST, lots of big names. I'm just glad to feature on an OST among so many renown artists," Chaeyoung replies with a small smile. And it truly is an honor to have her name among those more experienced ones.

"Ohh, I'm gonna check the comments," Jisoo announces after she turns off the tv, and grabs her phone, immediately tapping on the screen in deep concentration.

"You two seriously sound amazing together! Do you think him and were watching the show like us?" Lisa wonders, still bouncing zealously on the couch.

Jennie finally pulls Lisa back down by her ponytail to a sitting position to stop her incessant bouncing which makes the whole couch shake. "They probably have other things to do."

"Same goes for us! This is like our first night off since forever!" Lisa, as always, loves exaggerating everything. "I'm just curious about their opinion on their duet."

"Probably nothing much? They're men. They probably only cared about whether Chaeyoung was wearing something y when recording the song."

"I wasn't!"

Jisoo snickers.  "Well, the comments are pretty good as of now," she says, changing the subject. "I'm betting that you're going to trend, Chaeng. Every time you sing something on tv, you trend."

The girls continue talking for a while before going their separate ways in their rooms. Chaeyoung sits on her bed and checks the alerts on her phone. She has quite a few messages from friends, cheering her on for her song.

She smiles as she goes through messages from Yeri, Joy and Twice's Chaeyoung. She takes the time reply to everyone, overwhelmed that they all took some time to encourage her. She even finds a congratulating message from Ikon's Junhoe. They don't text each often, but he's the only male idol she considers as a good friend.

She gets a new notification as she types her reply to Junhoe. Done, she checks and sees a message from Seulgi. OMG, that was awesome! I knew the both of you would sound great together! :)

She sends her thanks, then hesitates. She so badly wants to ask if the older girl asked Jimin to treat her nicely because she was fragile. She must have, there's no reason for him to stick around with her after the recording to wait for her manager.

Chaeyoung isn't as close to Seulgi as she is with Joy and Yeri, so in the end, she doesn't dare. If she did ask him, that meant he was a nice guy who agreed to a friend's request. If she didn't, that meant he was a nice guy who didn't want to leave a girl alone in an unknown place.

It shouldn't even matter. She doesn't even know why she cares. It's not like they are ever going to interact again.

Too bad.

With a sigh, she drops her phone and hides under her covers. She closes her eyes hard and waits for sleep to help her forget everything. But sleep never comes easily to her anymore and she's left once again with too many thoughts swimming in her head, unable to escape.

---

The rest of the week passes by lightning fast. Jisoo's prediction came through. Chaeyoung trended on Melon, along with Jimin and both of their group. Their song received so much love, from both their fans, the drama's fans, and the casual viewers. It fills her with so much joy and she's been walking on cloud nine ever since.

It's Friday afternoon when Yang Hyun Suk asks Chaeyoung to join him in his office. It's always nerve-racking when they're called to his office, and this time, she's by herself too.

When she gets there, he asks her to sit and then take the seat next to her with his laptop in front of him. "I called you here because, in five minutes, we'll do a video call with BigHit's CEO and BTS's Jimin about your collaboration. Both your fans and the general public left a huge number of comments asking f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter