Chapter One.

Through the years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: Hey, I just wanted to say that this story is slightly based on a real love story of one of my readers on Wattpad, she asked me to write it and I was so happy about it. Let's enjoy this warming story together. 

Momo’s POV

“HIRAI MOMO WAKE UP~” my mom yelled, I don’t even have to put an alarm because it’s my mom job in the house. I moved in my bed and hugged my Sulley plushy, it’s the main character in the animation movie Monster Inc my favorite movie. I opened my eyes and it was almost six and a half in the morning.

“YOU WON’T GET UP!” she yelled and came inside my room holding the spatula in her hand, threating me to get hit by it but I sat back and tried to look as energetic as I can.

“Good morning mom” I smiled and she raised her eyebrow at me, she looks though but she is so kind and tender.

“Good morning, prepare yourself it’s your first day at school today”

She headed to the door and there I saw my cousin chaeyoung eating an apple and laughing at me.

First of all, let me introduce myself, I am Hirai Momo I am Japanese and I am 18 years old in my 11th year at high school. I hate studying like every student on earth but I need to pass so I can go to college and make my parents proud, I like sports class the most maybe because I dance as a hobby. Chaeyoung is my cousin but he is like my brother, my parents raised him since his parents died when he was five years old. We grew up together and I treat him as my real twin brother.

“Stop laughing” I scoffed while passing by him, I went to the bathroom and did my daily routine.

I went back to my room and opened my closet, a deep sigh left my mouth as I saw my school uniform… How much I hate it. I wore the beige skirt with the white shirt and dark blue jacket.

‘Hirai Momo’ I put my nametag on when I heard few knocks on the door.

“Can I come in?” chaeyoung asked, not because he is my cousin but he is truly the most humble and sweetest person I’ve ever seen.

“Yes sure”

He opened the door and smiled at me “You look pretty”

“Oh!” I rolled my eyes causing him to laugh.

“I forgot my earphones here yesterday” He kneeled next to my bed and grabbed them from under it, how did he even notice them?? He is so smart and his accuracy of concentration sometimes scares me.

“Today we will go with the bicycle okay? The bus will come and take us starting from tomorrow”

He is younger than me but he takes care of me as a real man, I love this little small bean.

I walked to him and pinched his cheeks “My baby is a man now” I said and tried to kiss him but he pushed me away.

“Gosh momo stop!” he whined “Let’s eat breakfast before leaving”

I laughed watching him head to the kitchen when my mom came in.

“Mom, not again”

She was getting teary-eyed while staring at me “My baby is a big girl now”

I smiled upon seeing my father behind her, he was looking at her with a funny disgusted stare. She acts like this every time she sees me wearing the uniform. She wiped her imaginary tears and cleared “Breakfast is ready go and eat”

She left and I laughed with my dad who side hugged me and we walked to the kitchen, my father is my hero. I am so close to him, maybe more than my mom because he understands me more than her. I sat in front of chaeyoung and we ate quickly and we headed outside our apartment.

“Do you think there will be many transferred students?”

“I hope no, so jimin and his squad won’t bully someone again”, there is a bullying squad in our school… I hate bullying! I suffered from it a few years ago so my father transferred chaeyoung to my school so he can protect me he is like my guardian angel.

We arrived at chaeyoung’s black bicycle after he unlocked it he took off his jacket and wrapped it around my waist so I can sit comfortably behind him because of my short skirt, isn’t he a cutie?

I sat behind him and wrapped my arm around his torso “You are muscular now!” I said shockingly, two years ago he was skinny and short well now he is still short but taller than me, now he suddenly became a man! Boys’ puberty is insane!   

“Yes I worked out in summer” he stated and our ride to the high school started.

I felt my heart ache as soon as I saw the school’s building and how the students were hugging each other after the summer break and the new students were a little lost and disoriented as they searched for their classes.

Chaeyoung parked the bicycle and we headed inside the schoolyard. He was so handsome in the eyes of the girls here so some of them were already gossiping about him… It feels nice to see him this popular but he never liked it or cared about it. He was checking the paper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter