Chapter Five

You & Me

Jiwoo's POV

10:30 pm

"Are you sure you didn't leave it in Seoul?", he asked me for the 100th time and for the 101st time I replied negatively. I remember paying bus tickets with it.

I look through my bags inside and out once again, turn them upside down but nothing. It looks like my exclusive black card disappeared.

"I don't know where I left it when we arrived," I mutter partly to myself.

"Then try to remember! When was the last time you were about to use it today?", he raised his voice, only pissing me off more but I decided to keep my cool and answer his question without wanting to punch him in the face, which I was tempting to do ever since.

"I think... coffee shop?"

I can't believe I only noticed after we came back from short walk a while ago. The card could be in God knows whose hands by now.

Taehyung pulled out his wallet in last moment and insisted to be the one who pays.

"How can you be that careless? To think that someone managed to take that card right in front of your nose..."

"Well if it wasn't for you trying to fit in rich gentleman-like husband role, maybe none of that would've happened!", I yelled back at him on edge of my nerves.

"Are you saying this is my fault!?"

"I'm sick and tired of you always playing daddy's good boy and faking everything from your smile to your life!"

He remained silent and that's how we both knew I was right. Soon enough, he took his cellphone and dialed familiar number. I rolled my eyes.

"You're just confirming my words right now!"

"He's just going to block that card and transfer money to new one, don't make fuss over nothing!"

"It wasn't me who married your money anyways...", I grab my coat and head to the door, but stop in my track when I hear almost threatening tone.

"Then what would happen if I stopped giving my money to the ones who needed it?"

"You know that one of our contracts is breakable, right?", I said, not bothering to turn around and then walked out on cold air.

Matthew's POV

"Babe, just one more drink!"

Somin was hanging on my shoulder like her life depends on it. Even though I didn't let her take more than two shots, she was tipsy enough to be unable to stand on her own feet. I forgot how alcohol intolerant she actually is.

I reserved room in motel nearby and signed us up as Jeon Jiwoo and Kim Jinseok. Rich woman won't mind borrowing her name for a night.

Behind door number 12 was small but tidy room.On the walls, there were thick wallpapers made of expensive fabrics, colored in smurf blue which made them more comfortable to look at. Only source of outside lighting was a window next to the bed, covered by short purple curtains.

This motel was obviously not typical rest stop where you come while on a seven-day trip but rather place where you stop for as short as possible. I saw the way girl at reception looked at us when I told her I'm paying beforehand and then pulled out black card. It wouldn't be strange if someone from staff tries to rob us. Therefore, I decided to not leave the room for the rest of the night and let Somin rest. I'll think of something by tomorrow.

I hope.

After laying her on mattress, I plopped down next to bed and decided to finally check my phone, expecting messages connected to business.

My expectations met reality.

*new message from Jackass (4)*

Safe delivery  at 11 am.

You got the message?

M, you know Boss is going to kill me if you don't call in right now.

Are you even alive? Lol I hope you didn't mess with those Tyran Twins again.

I calculated time difference and if I'm not wrong, it should be 8 am in New York, which means delivery was done 10 hours ago. I stare blankly at iPhone, expecting something to happen. Anything at all. They must be looking for me by now, but why haven't they called to check first?

Would you pick up if they did?

Probably not. Jack was the only one who knew I skip delivering whenever I can because I knew that business was going to fall like dominoes, especially after police announced check up in our square for next week.

They're just going to hide evidences like the last time... Or have someone inside make things faster so damage would be as less severe as possible.

I'm fine. Tell them I had to go out of state for personal reasons.

I clicked 'send' button, to finally get that over with.

Two seconds later, new message.

Which state are you at now?

North Carolina.

Dude, you have nothing to do in North Carolina! Come on, you know I won't tell!

Fine. South Korea...

When the hell did you get to other side of globe?!

Long story short, something urgent came up.

"Why don't you just tell him the truth?", I heard sleepy voice behind me. She wasn't trying to hide the fact that she was watching me text, probably for a while. "You're with your ex girlfriend who's very pregnant so you decided to take responsibility like a grown man for once in your life."

I sighed. In her little world, everything is as simple as it can be. But telling Family about some fetus that appears out of nowhere is a whole new level of ride-or-die.

"Sure, I can say that, but only if you prefer me or both of us ending up with bullets through our heads."

"I don't understand why you always have to make things so complicated. Literally all you have to do is be honest!", she whined like a five-year-old, making me jump up so I wouldn't punch somewhere near her.

"Don't forget you were the one who came to me, and you know when that happens we play by my rules and you do nothing but obey!"

"So you think hiding the fact that I'm back and pregnant is going to help?"

"You're not back. We're just gonna stick together until that is born and give it up for adoption, to live a healthy life and not surrounded by drugs, black market and cold walls."

I saw her wince at the last part of my sentence. Soon enough, her eyesight was blurred by tears. But I wasn't planning on giving her false hope from the start. She knew what she was getting into the moment she came to New York, and now she is going to endure it. We are going to endure it.

I took my jacket that was hanging on the chair and ran out so I wouldn't have to look at tears streaming down the cheeks belonging to girl I was once proud to call my own.