Chapter Three

You & Me

During the whole flight, Matthew never let Somin out of sight. His only mission right now was to safely bring her back to Seoul and from there he will easily find her father's contact and address.

"When was the last time you were in Korea?", already jet lagged, the girl couldn't sleep and seeked chance to talk to him.

He defended himself with silence.

"Fair enough...", she shakes her head a little.

At around 8:20, the airplane finally landed on Incheon International Airport. After picking up Somin's suitcase, Matthew searched for taxi.

When they were sitting again, he was polite and calm enough to ask her if she's feeling sick. He didn't know much about how her body works in this state, but he heard somewhere that flying is not really recommended for pregnant women.

He shook his head mentally when she replied negatively. She might as well be faking it just to get his attention - as always. But he wasn't going to fall for it this time.

"Where does your family live now?", he asked after riding in traffic jam for a while. He forgot how fast this city was developing compared to ten years ago, when he left it behind and never looked back.

Who would think that he's going to come back under such strange circumstances and with the girl he used to call his own.

"Sokcho...", Somin lowered both her voice and head. 

Matthew told driver to change destinations from nearest hotel to bus terminal.

9:30 am

Taehyung couldn't believe what she was doing. Apparently, their flight was canceled due to constant weather changes, and his wife thought it was perfect opportunity to ruin his plans to go back to company. They rode for half an hour before reaching bus terminal.

Jiwoo turned her head slightly, to check if he's even following her and mentally let out a sigh of relief when she realized he decided to fit in "couple in love" game.

She walked up to cash desk and sent lovely smile to young boy behind the counter.

"Two tickets to Sokcho, please."

Boy named Jin Young was immediately captured by blonde's charms. He's seen many women during past seven days that he's been working on terminal, but this one was definitely the most beautiful one. Everything on and around her screamed perfection. He recognized the dress she was wearing as Kim Fashion's limited edition series - the one his mother and sisters wouldn't hush about for days. This woman was clearly of higher class. Besides, black material was like made for her hourglass shaped body.

Jin Young was disappointed when rich beauty was approached by tall man who wrapped his arm around her waist, obviously wanting to show him that this territory is marked, and who is 2nd ticket reserved for. And somehow, they fit each other perfectly, like two pieces of puzzles.

"That would be 34,600 won. Your bus' departure is expected at 9:45."

"Is this a joke?", Taehyung asked pretty seriously. Jiwoo looked up at him, confused.

"Why? What's wrong with taking bus like normal people?"

"That's exactly why we can't take bus. They are normal people. What do you think they do when they see someone wearing thing as expensive as yours?"

"They admire it."

"They try to steal it!", he shouts, making her roll her eyes.

"Not everyone's like your mother's maid, you know."

She reminded him of incident involving his parents' personal maid, who's been stealing her landlady's jewelry for six consecutive months, until Jiwoo caught her in action when they were staying over for dinner one day.

"You want to go to Sokcho that badly?"

She nodded her head immediately. „There's this really cute motel I saw online, I think it's going to help me find inspiration."

Her husband sighs, finally giving in.

"Come on, I parked around the corner..."

Jiwoo's jaw almost dropped. Was infamous Kim Tae Hyung going to fulfill her wish without asking for anything in return?

I must be dreaming, she thinks to herself sarcastically and tosses away tickets bought with wasted money.

There was quite the distance between them, so she hurried before he could change his mind. Jiwoo turns on the corner and...

9:35

Him

Matthew bumped in someone with all his strength and immediately tried to stop any accident, but it was too late.

He looked down and saw a blonde woman much shorter than him. There was big stain on her dress, caused by the coffee he spilled.

"Watch where you're going!", he shouts in English, only confusing the stranger. „I apologize...", realizing his mistake, he says first thing that comes to his mind in Korean.

Her

Jiwoo decided to shake it off and hurry up, even though she wanted to shout at unknown clumsy man.

"What happened to your dress?", Taehyung asked as soon as she reached the car.

"Nothing important, let's go. There's three-hour ride awaiting us," she enters the red cabriolet.

"There's no way you're driving any minute like the last time," he allows himself a chuckle, reminding her how bad of a driver she is.

"Oh, I so am," she says in almost threatening tone.

Him

"!", Matthew mutters under his breath. He should've been more careful about spending so much money in such a short time. And he should've definitely brought more. After covering taxi bills, as well as plane tickets that he had to buy for twice as big price from elderly couple who changed their mind about flying to Korea last minute, there wasn't a single dollar left in his pockets or wallet.

"Hey, you got any cash?", he asked Somin, who denied.

She had to shut her lips tight so they wouldn't form a smile. Maybe he will change his mind after all! The tickets could be used once again, so maybe, just maybe - this was a good sign.

"Wait..."

He bends down, noticing two pieces of paper, abandoned on the street. It was bus tickets. He couldn't believe how lucky he was when he read destination.

Seoul-Sokcho.