Chapter Ten

You & Me

 Yoon Hae Jin was more than surprise to see who was standing on her doorway that Monday afternoon. It was no one else but her son and daughter-in-law. Their fingers were intertwined and they were smiling like a pair of newlyweds.

Miss Na called her earlier to tell her about Taehyung's fast progress and ability to function after nearly two weeks in coma, but also how he didn't want anyone's company at the moment. She didn't expect him to be let out so quickly.

"My baby!", mother immediately pulled him in and hugged him tightly. "How are you feeling, hmm? We were dead worried about you all this time! You look so pale too...", she never stops talking, almost completely ignoring Jiwoo's presence.

Taehyung smiled warmly at only woman that ever truly cared about him.

"I'll explain everything later. Is Father home?", he asks as they enter big main room and Miss Yoon nods.

"He's in his work room with business partner... I'm afraid that lawsuit's been rising his blood pressure too much lately. And with what happened to you...", she doesn't finish her sentence, finding it impossible to believe she almost lost a child. When things like that happen, mothers start doubting their abilities and role, wonder why did they raise brats for 18 and more years only for them to try to commit suicide one day. It was hard admitting that Yoon Hye Jin was worried for her son now more than while he was unconscious. There isn't much one can do while he's tied to hospital bed, but who's to guarantee he won't try something again.

Twenty five pills...

Something she would never expect from a good kid like Taehyung.

She turns around to look at the married couple again.

"Ah, I'm so happy we get to spend Lunar New Year together, despite recent events! Why don't you two go to dining room, make yourself at home, take off those coats. I'll be back in no time, we have to celebrate as family."

After giving their housekeeper order to set dinner for four, old Mrs Park didn't hide excitement about young master being back. With her big mouth, Gangnam will know about it in no time as well. They sat opposite to each other.

"Are you not going to eat?", Taehyung asked her coldly when she grimaced at cooked rice in front of her. "I asked you something!", he mid-shouted after not getting answer. Jiwoo looked anywhere but back at him. She was scared and embarrassed at the same time, for completely no reason. It's like he was trying to make her uncomfortable in only place she couldn't run away from - her skin. And he was very good at it.

Hearing footsteps getting closer to where they were, Taehyung leans over table and forces spoonful of rice in Jiwoo's mouth, his parents entering in right moment.

Yoon Hye Jin laughs loudly. "Oh would you look at these lovebirds, feeding each other as if they just got married! You could learn something from him, Honey!", she tells her husband teasingly.

Kim Jung Woo was as opposite to his son as Jiwoo was to her younger brother that she hasn't spoke to in three years. He was tall, wide-shouldered man in his middle 50s. His voice was loud and deep, fitting for big auditoriums and attracting crowd's attention. Maybe that's why he was so successful and favorite guest in talk-shows and news reports.

Yoon Hye Jin and his marriage was also arranged by their families and they lived in comfort for over four decades without any problems or incidents.

"What's gotten into you, woman? We're too old for that cheesy stuff.", he approached his son and extended his hand forward. "Welcome back."

Taehyung stood up and they shook hands formally. It was obvious the two weren't as close as Hye Jin was with both, but they still tried to be comfortable around each other for everyone else's sake. All Father saw in him was the heir and another money-maker and Taehyung never went closer to him than a work role-model.

"Thank you, sir. It's good to be back."

Kim Jung Woo nodded somehow distantly. "I believe it is. You've rest enough, get ready for work as soon as tomorrow morning. Secretary Oh will have everything prepared."

"Honey, isn't that a little tough on him? Boy just got out of hospital, it's a miracle he's able to stand on his feet, let alone talk to us and go to work.", his wife whines when they sit down.

"Tough? It wasn't me who put those pills in his drink or made him take it! Now the whole Republic of Korea is talking about his funeral and Kim Fashion stock price while I'm still in full strength and under full control of company! You have to go there and show them our blood is not going to disappear that easily!"

Even though Hye Jin tried to complain again, Taehyung only bowed his head, obeying his father's order. Jiwoo's been coughing since he mentioned drink and pills and her mother-in-law looked at her worriedly.

"Taehyung, you didn't feed her rice, did you?", she asked immediately.

"Is there something wrong with this rice?", he examines his bowl, clueless.

"Oh god... Jiwoo, honey, your medicine is in bathroom on first floor. Can you get it alone or should I tell Mrs Park?"

Younger woman only managed to shake her head before rushing out, her whole face turned in deep shade of red.

"Poor girl's been throwing up everything she puts in while you were in hospital. I hoped it's finally happy news, but it turned out to be just some stress-related allergy, mostly to rice and meat...", Taehyung's mother stares at her food helplessly and lets out deep sigh.

That must be the reason why she was afraid to eat rice and answer his question, Taehyung thought to himself. And he overreacted so easily, trying to sound superior. But why would she be stressed over his hospital stay? Unless it ruined her plan.

He knew that explanation fitted his will only, as he didn't have any physical evidence to feed his theories.

"It's about time you two bless us with a grandchild, don't you think?", his mother says, making him choke on his food. "You're not a kid anymore, Tae, why getting flustered from plain mention of baby making?", she teases him with smile on her face but her husband scolds her.

"Don't rush them into anything. Don't forget Jiwoo only turned 21. She might not be willing to sacrifice such young body."

"But they've been married for two years!"

"So what? It took us nearly ten years until we finally heard about him. Kids from older parents are wiser and more intelligent. It's like you give them your life experience with your genes."

"Are you saying they should make kids at 35? I want to take care of the babies while I'm still able to stand straight!"

Taehyung watched them bickering over his marriage with amusement but he knew that starting a family with Jeon Jiwoo was not on his plan list any time soon, even though their secret agreement stated they should bring up at least one child for agreement to be in function. And they tried, every month, but her tests always came out negative or she just "wasn't in the mood".

Sometime during main meal, a bottle of wine was brought to table. As the maid poured some in his glass, Taehyung started sweating abnormally. His eyes were fixed to bottle in her hand and he started getting weird thoughts. What if she's trying to kill him with that wine? What if there are pills in there too? What if... What if his murderer won't calm down until he's finally dead, even if it takes using same method?

His heartbeat fastened as he released his cravat since it was suddenly so hot in the room.

No, that can't happen! He must stop them from murdering his whole family!

The very next moment, Taehyung pushes the bottle out of maid's hands and it falls on the floor with loud bang and glass pieces flying everywhere. Other three people were all surprised, and he realized what he's done only when it was over but, luckily, his heartbeats slowed down.

"I apologize...", he manages to say before excusing himself out of the room.