Chapter Four

You & Me

SokchoGangwon-do province

1:30pm

"Somin why are we..."

"Psst!"

"I need to get you home before..."

"Oh just shut it, will you?", she moans, annoyed.

Somin tried to focus on sound of waves that she thought she could listen to forever.

However, her action was constantly interrupted by Matthew's grunts and random comments. He was bored and nervous. The last thing he needed right now was standing near open sea in the middle of January.

He couldn't help but stare at her in awe; her untamable hair that swings as she throws her head back and her petite body haven't changed at all. But there was still something, something that happened during three months they spent apart that changed her. Whatever that might be, Matthew was certain about one thing - it was stronger than her.

"Ahh, my beautiful sea... You daring rival!", Somin suddenly shouts, staring somewhere far in distance. "I wish I could race ocean one day, and show it it's not the strongest force out there. Maybe it's mocking me right now, with its fellow oceans.."

"You're more of a fire type."

She turned around and looked at him, confused. Realizing he said that out loud, Matthew starts walking back to where they came from, but girl didn't plan on leaving it alone.

"Come on, finish your thought!", she clings on his arm, jumping up and down like excited five-year-old.

He finally gives in. "You do everything your way, say everything you want to say. It takes only small spark to ignite you, and when that happens, no one is able to predict which way you're going to go next. You hardly let anyone control you because when you do, you feel trapped. You refuse to be defeated until the moment you lose oxygen. That's... what I thought when I compared you to fire."

"Aw, that was cute, thank you so much!"

Noticing how she's trying to get closer to him, Matthew shakes her hands off and proceeds to look at her seriously.

"What happened, Somin? I've been trying to figure you out for the whole time we spent together on plane, in that bus earlier, as well as for the past hour and the half here. There must be a reason why you're running away from only man who truly cares about you."

Seeing where the conversation is going, Somin tries to defend herself by rolling eyes but he didn't seem to give up that easily.

"I need to be able to blame someone for that caprice of yours! If I'm about to give you back to him again, I have to think of a good excuse, at least!"

"You're not giving anyone back! Why don't you get it, I ran away because of you and this... this thing in my body. During the next few months, I'm about to turn in fat ball that eats for two and has mood swings worse than a teenage girl! You know why? Because I don't have the nerve to murder it! I don't want to fulfill my father's corrupted wish! I ran to only person I fully trusted, even if that means getting my heart broken by only looking at you every day because I know you don't love me anymore! I feel safe when you're around, we feel safe having you around! I'm ready to beg you to stay, but I'm never leaving!"

Somin yells her heart out, but never lets tears stream down her face. That's just who she is. Either let it overpower you, or use it to make greater power. But never mix both.

Noticing how sudden cold wind made her shiver, Matthew was fast to react and cover her shoulders with his coat.

"Let's go somewhere warm...", he spoke much calmer and although he didn't let it show, Somin thought how he might finally give in.

2:11 pm

It's been a bit over 15 minutes since Somin left him to sit alone in café nearby. Matthew kept refusing waitress' offer to order "before his friend comes back". He worried about money he spent so carelessly. He might be able to go back to Seoul tonight but affording ticket for oversea travel will be impossible.

Right when he was about to leave, Somin entered. After ordering two frappes and portion of some sea food, she joined him at the table.

"I don't have anything to pay with," he repeated, confused, but she smiled instead.

"You don't have to..."

The girl went to inside pocket of her jacket and pulled out a black credit card.

Matthew had to restrain himself from jumping out of his seat.

"Turns out I'm not as forgettable as I thought."

On the other hand, he shouldn't have been so surprised. Somin was well known for her stealth skills, compared to ones of a ninja. Stealing a credit card was a piece of cake for someone like her, but she was lucky enough to find someone so rich in a place this small.

The waitress arrived with their food and Somin told her she will use card payment.

"What's the name of owner?", Matthew asked a little later.

"Miss Jeon Jiwoo. I kinda feel sorry for her though...", girl sighed, thinking.

"She must be freaking out by now."

"We have the same family name. Therefore, it's not stealing but borrow. Family's supposed to help one another!"

They both laughed at her remark.