Minjin

Writing Prompts w/ BTS
Please log in to read the full chapter

Minjin

My voice through You

 

A/N: In this story Jin is sixteen years old (16) while Jimin in seventeen years old (17).

 

 

The only thing Jin could do was stare from afar. He stared at the boy he loved but would never be his. No one would look at a mute like himself. Jin sighed in resignation. A deal was a deal. He had made a deal with a witch and now he was paying the price of that deal. But it had been all worth it. He had managed to save the life of the person he loved. He remembered the day of the deal; six months prior/ago.

Jin had found out that the boy he liked had been hit by a car and was dying in the hospital. He was walking back home after school, all his thoughts and prayers sent to Jimin’s well-being.. He knew it was useless to pray since rumors indicated that Jimin wouldn’t be able to survive the accident. Jimin’s body had taken heavy impact from the collision. After the accident, Jimin went into coma and his heart rate slowly started began to decrease. Jin let his tears fall freely as he walked through the park to his house when an old lady stopped him by grabbing his arm.

“Young boy, what seems to trouble you?”

Jin looked at the old woman before sadly smiling at her and spilling all his contained emotions.

“Someone I hold dear is dying and I can’t do anything to save him. I regret not telling him, how much I love him but he’s already dying. I’m such a coward. Why didn’t I ever tell him? I wish I could have had the courage and voiced out my feelings to him.” Jin said with more tears trailing down his face.

The old lady smiled wickedly with a dangerous glint in her eyes, as she took a step closer to Jin.

“If you could do something. Would you do it in order to save him?”

Jin looked at the woman skeptically a little unnerved by her close proximity with him. He was starting to get weirded out by the gray haired woman, who stared deeply into Jin’s eyes. Noticing that the woman still had his arm in her hand, he shaked his arm free and said, “I think I need to get home now. Have a nice day mam.”

The woman suddenly grabbed Jin’s wrist with abnormal strength which caused Jin to let out a shriek of surprise. The lady turned him towards her, “answer me boy. What would you do to save his life?”

Jin felt a dangerous aura from her. Every nerve in his body was telling him to run away but he managed to calm down and with confidence told her, “Anything. I would do anything to save him/”

The woman grinned a Cheshire grin, showing all her pearly white teeth.

“Then I just might have a deal to propose to you.”

Jin came back to reality when a hand landed on his shoulder. He looked up and a smile instantly formed on his face as he saw his best friend, Hoseok.

The only person that had stayed by his side when he suddenly became mute was Hoseok. Hoseok in a way had become his pillar of strength. He stayed by Jin’s side, supporting him and even going through the trouble of learning sign language. While everyone left his side, Hoseok always managed to stay by his side. He had never asked Jin why he suddenly lost his voice and for that Jin was grateful for. Everyone in school had spread rumors of Jin’s inability to speak. Some were so bizarre that Jin wanted to laugh but some were really dark. One time, he had heard a girl say that Jin had lost his voice due to traumatic event. Another rumor consisted of him being a witness to a mafia related incident and in order to silence him, they had to cut his tongue off. When Jin had heard that rumor he had shuddered at the idea of his tongue being cut off. No one ever seemed to make an accurate reason for his loss of voice. If only they all knew the truth, they would never believe him. As time passed, students started making fun of him and his disability. They shoved him against lockers as well as throw away all his materials. Jin had cried many times due to being bullied but he always remembered Jimin’s smiling face. Jimin was alive and that was all that mattered.

When the doctor’s had announced that Jimin had miraculously healed, everyone had cheered. Jin had been present as he stared through the door frame of the room, where Jimin had been placed in the hospital, watching as everyone hugged Jimin. When he was sure that Jimin was healthy and indeed alive, he smiled before walking away before anyone noticed him.

Jimin came back to school a couple of weeks later and everyone cheered his welcome. Jimin had once again regained back his title as the prince of the school. In the meanwhile, Jin fell victim to all the bullies, who made fun of his handicap. Jin never told Hoseok because he knew that Hoseok could get suspended for fighting, and since Hoseok was a scholarship student, he couldn’t risk losing his scholarship. Most of the time, Jin accepted all the cruel remarks and physical torment but at times Jin would hide inside empty classrooms when Hosoek wasn’t present to defend him.

Today happened to be one of those days. After lunch, Hoseok told him he couldn’t stay after school with him due to his job and apologized to jin, since Jin had cleaning duty that day. Jin waved him not to worry and told him through sign language, “to gobefore his boss got mad at him.” Hoseok smiled fondly at Jin before kissing Jin in the cheek. Jin stood frozen as he watched Hoseok’s face turn a light shade of pink before leaving in a hurry. Once hoseok left, Jin raised one of his hands and touched his cheek, which a moment ago had been kissed by Hoseok. A small smile slowly creeping into his face. JIn’s face burned as red as a tomato as he realized what happened but all that came to an end when a wolf whistle from behind made him turn.

Before him stood three of his bullies: Jackson, the leader; Jaebum, and Mark. Jackson entered the classroom and started to walk close to him, “I didn’t know you swung that way Jinnie. You should have told us, that way we could have more fun with you. But then again someone as pretty as you should let themselves be bottom. I wonder how it will feel like to mess around with you.” Jackson slyly smiled as he eyed Jin up and down.

Jin noticed the way that Jackson was eating him up with his eyes and he felt disgusted by it. He saw his bullies approach him and turned towards the door, calculating how fast he could run in order to run away. When he ran, he was almost to the door when a hand at his hair brought him to the floor. Jin hissed in pain as his back came into contact with the hard floor.

Jackson laughed maniacally as he bent down over Jin and fisted his fingers around Jin’s chestnut colored hair and pulled.

“Where do you think you are going? Huh?”

Jackson stared at him then laughed more as he said, “sorry, I forgot you can’t talk. In that case this should be easy.” He said with a dangerous glint in his eyes.

Jackson pushed Jin fully on the floor harshly as he positioned himself hovering over Jin.

“How a

Please log in to read the full chapter