Taejinkook (Part 2)

Writing Prompts w/ BTS
Please log in to read the full chapter

The Ruling of the Heart 

Taejinkook (Part 2)

___________________________________________________

 

It seems like I am walking in circles. My heart is in a disarray. To whom shall I give my shaking heart to?

 

Jungkook has left to go talk to my father and request aid as well as extra protection. The journey from here to there will take around two days since Jungkook and his armed men are taking a different route in order to ensure their safety. From then on they will stay for a week since a meeting with other kingdoms will take place in order to stop the rebels. I will be left here alone for roughly nine days without the presence of my husband. I was left here under extreme protection from the palace guards.

 

As I look out through the window of my bedroom, I hear three small knocks on my door.

 

"Come in," I say without even bothering to look towards the door. My gaze and thoughts centered on the moon outside my window.

 

"There can be nothing more beautiful than you being bathed by the moonlight."

 

Jin turned around upon hearing the deep voice.

 

"Taehyung..."

 

"Hello Jin" Taehyung said as he closed the door behind him and walked towards him.

 

"What are you doing here? You shouldn't be inside my bed chambers. Where are the guards?" Jin kept saying as he leaned against the window, wanting to place as much distance between him and Taehyung.

 

Taehyung stopped directly in front of him.

 

"I'm in charge of your protection. As for the guards, I told them to head towards the other hallway to expand the perimeter of protection."

 

"You shouldn't be here. It's not proper for another man than my husband to be here." Jin said while looking away.

 

"Do you want me to go away?" Taehyung said.

 

Jin looked back towards Tae seeing Taehyung staring back at him.

 

"I..... don't know."

 

Taehyung let out a sigh of relief as he scooted closer to Jin and sat down next to Jin.

 

"For the remainder of Jeon's absence, I will be in charge of your protection."

 

"Why insist in protecting me?" Jin asked looking at Taehyung.

 

"Because you are worth protecting." Taehyung said.

 

"...................." Jin looked away, not daring to look or say anything in return.

 

"You don't believe me?" Taehyung asked.

 

"Taehyung, stop. We can't continue whatever it is that is happening between us." Jin said unsurely as he looked at Tae.

 

"You can't end something that hasn't begun. Give me a chance to begin." Taehyung said as he gently took hold of Jin's hands in his.

 

"Lets give us a chance."

 

Jin bit his bottom lip anxiously.

 

"Tae I can't do this to Jungkook, he is my husband."

 

"Do you love him?"

 

"I....."

 

"If not, let me have the chance to court your heart."

 

"This is wrong."

 

"Is it?"

 

"Tae-"

 

"Shhhhh" Taehyung said as he placed a finger on Jin's lips.

 

"Give me a chance. Please."

 

Jin made eye contact with Taehyung and he felt his chest warm up when he saw the raw emotions being reflected through those lovely, detemined and hopeful eyes.

 

"Ok" Jin whispered.

 

Am I to regret my decision?

I want to believe in your words. I want to believe that their is perhaps a chance for us.

You make me believe.

 

Day 1

 

Another day like the rest of the days. I wake up alone and cold. Today is the first official day that Jungkook is not here and in his absence, I am to take charge. I change into my clothes and head towards the dinning room. All is uneventful, the guards and maids do their rounds as usual but somehow I can sense some sort of tense air surrounding the palace. No one mentions the attack of the rebels but I know that everyone is worried and anxious of the next attack. I leave my food untouched as I stand and head to library. Perhaps reading a book will disperse my thoughts.

 

The library is illuminated by the sun rays filtering through the massive windows in the room. I take a glance outside and see nothing out of the ordinary, which then allows me some piece of mind. I head towards one of the many bookshelves and take out a random book. As I look for a place to read within the room, I spot a piano on the corner and feel myself gravitating towards it. I let my unoccupied hand touch the piano surface letting my fingers glide across the wodden structure.

 

"Do you play?"

 

Now accustomed to the voice, Jin slowly turns around and sure enough Taehyung is standing not to far from where he is. Jin slowly shakes his head 'no' before looking back at the piano. He hears Taehyung approach him and take his hand and lead him towards the piano bench.

 

"How about I play you something." Taehyung says.

 

Jin looks surprised at Tae, "You play?"

 

Taehyung smiles at him "Playing the piano is one of the many things you still have yet to learn of me."

 

Jin feels his cheeks warm up as he looks away from Taehyung's face to look at his fingers which are hovering directly above the piano keys.

 

"Watch and be amazed." Taehyung whispers into Jin's ear.

 

Jin was anticipating a soft tune or a well known piano piece, but he never expected for Taehyung to play, "wedding march?" Jin says slightly confused.

 

Taehyung smiles wider as he looks at Jin "and the bride is Kim Seokjin."

 

Jin simply rolls his eyes as he playfully hits Taehyung's arm.

 

"Stop joking around. I was expecting some mozart or Beethoven."

 

Taehyung ignores Jin's remark and continues playing the wedding march.

 

Jin can't help but laugh at Taehyung's silliness and leans his head against Tae's shoulder listening to Taehyung play the piano.

 

Day 3

 

Is it possible to want to see someone daily? In such a short time, I feel myself wanting to see that sincere smile and kind eyes. Your silly cliche advances towards me makes me feel mushy inside. You are different, my heart tells me so but because of this I can't help but feel unease inside my heart whenever I think of the consequences our encounters may bring.

 

Taehyung was mentally exhausted from recently having come out of a five hour long meeting with the head of guards. He couldn't listen to anymore regulations and plans of actions being taken into action in order to catch the rebels. As much as he wanted to keep the rebels away from Jin and the palace, he just wished the meetings were shorter. As he was heading to the kitchen

Please log in to read the full chapter