LIVE OUR OWN LIVES… (KEVIN’S PART)

JOURNEY TO HAPPINESS

 

CHAP 8: LIVE OUR OWN LIVES… (KEVIN’S PART)

 

 

It had been several weeks since Kiseop left and Kevin never stopped waiting for him to come back. Waiting for Kiseop might be the main reason that kept Kevin still existing in this cruel world. But Kiseop never came back since then. Was there anything bad that happened to him? Kevin didn’t know and he didn’t have the ability to know that. All he could do was just waiting.

Although his parents didn’t treat him as a son much, Kevin still cared and might love them since he always had a beautiful heart and a caring soul. So his family might be a reason for his existence as well. Kevin always tried to be a good son. He still greeted everyone, still attended every class, ate meals with his parents and still smiled as sweetly as he could. He tried to live as if Kiseop never came into his life in front of everyone so that nobody had to worry about him. But it appeared that he had thought in the wrong way because his existence didn’t affect them at all.

Despite his tiredness and broken heart, Kevin always forced himself to do his best. No matter that he knew his attempts were all in vain, he had decided to keep on living best as he could for his family and his Kiseop………

 

 

Like any other days, Kevin went out of his room to go to the garden for some fresh air. He suddenly heard a loud sound that someone made when slamming a door. It was probable from his parents’ room. He couldn’t help but become curious. He decided to eavesdrop on what they were talking that made them that angry. He felt a little guilty to do that but he thought it was necessary.

“Don’t use that face when you are alone with me!” Kevin’s father said angrily.

“Darling, Kevin is just a kid. Why do you have to do that?” his mother said with soft voice trying to calm him down. Why was this conversation involved in Kevin?

“Don’t call me ‘darling’ when there is nobody with us!” he snapped back. Kevin’s mother always called his father that. Why didn’t he allow her to call that now?

“Ok. No ‘darling’. Let’s talk about Kevin. Don’t you think that he’s too young to do what you want?” she asked raising her voice a little. What did his father want him to do?

“Don’t say like you care about him!” he said gritted his teeth. Mothers always cared about their children, didn’t they?

“Of course I care about him! He’s my son!” now she was the one that got angry.

“Oh? He’s your son?” he jested. Of course he was her son!

She went silent as if she was caught at her weak point. Why did she go silent? Kevin felt this talk was so weird and he hardly understood it.

“Do you need me to remind you that you are the one to choose to be my wife instead of being his mother?” he said laughing out loud. What did he mean when he said that? She was his wife and Kevin’s mother. They weren’t different, were they? Kevin was so confused of what they were talking about.

“Although he’s not your son, you have seen him growing up and he has always cared for you and done what you want him to do!” she shouted almost crying out.

What did she just say? Kevin was not his father’s son? So who was Kevin’s real father? And with his used-to-be father’s character, he wouldn’t bring up someone that wasn’t his son? So why did Kevin still live in this house? Kevin must gain him some benefits. So what were they? So many questions flooded Kevin’s little mind that he didn’t know how to react to this situation.

 

Kevin’s eyes widened.

His mind went dizzy and crazy.

He barely breathed.

He hardly continued on hearing their conversation.

His tears were waiting to fall down.

His legs were shaking violently but he still forced them to run.

He started to run to his room, the only place that made him feel safe.

 

Reaching his own room, he quickly opened the door. He tended to throw himself on the comfortable bed to cry out loud. Looking at his bed, he refused to take the next step. The bed seemed too big for him. Everything in this room, even in this house, seemed to be too enormous and didn’t belong to him anymore. He was getting scared. He shook his head continuously. He covered his ears with his little hands. What they just said kept on replaying in his mind.

 

He couldn’t take anything………  

He couldn’t understand anything………

He couldn’t do anything………

He couldn’t be anything………

 

He stepped backwards and backwards till his small back touched the cold wall. Sitting down on the ground, he hurdled himself up in a corner. In the enormous room, his figure became smaller and smaller as he held his legs tight and curled up into a ball. He dropped his face on his knees. Tears freely fell down from the corners of his eyes. They quickly soaked his pants. His fragile body was trembling violently from crying.

Kevin could hardly think about anything now. All he needed was clearing away his mind. He felt so empty and depressed. His heart and soul seemed to be broken into millions of pieces. His mind got lost in a world filled with darkness. He tried to find a light to follow, to get out of that place. At the end of the road, he caught sight of a brilliant light, Kiseop. Yes, Kiseop was standing there waiting for him and waving at him.

 

Kiseop, take me away…

Kiseop, take me away…

Kiseop, I’m running without fear for you…

Kiseop, I’m following the light of your eyes…

Kiseop, just wait for me for a second because I’m coming to you…

 

In that world, Kevin was using all his might to run. He had found his light, his strength, his hope and his destination. In that world, Kevin was being saved by Kiseop. All Kevin needed was Kiseop because he didn’t have anyone with him now.

Unexpectedly, Kiseop’s figure gradually disappeared. His light was fading. The dark was covering every corner of that world. Now Kevin really got terrified. He ran at his full speed. He screamed Kiseop’s name like crazy but to no avail. Kiseop was gone out of his sight. Kevin was completely alone now. NOONE was with him. He was left in that dark and cruel world.

 

Kiseop, why did you leave me?

Kiseop, why didn’t you come back?

Kiseop, why did you reappear only to give me hope?

Kiseop, why did you then take it away from me?

Kiseop, why did you even go away in my dreamland?

Kiseop, why didn’t you stand by me when I needed you most?

Kiseop, why didn’t you need me anymore?

 

Kevin screamed out desperately and fell into a bottomless hole in his dream world. That made him let out some muffled whispers in the real world. Kevin had already passed out from crying so much. His shriveled body was lying flat on the cold ground. It sometimes shook lightly because of his sniffles. This heartbroken sight could make everyone shed tears, maybe except for his family.

Nobody knew what would happen when Kevin woke up. How would he react to this issue? It wasn’t important now. Just let him sleep soundly and peacefully at least for now………

 

 

 

A/N: This chap is inspired from U-KISS’ Take me away. If you can, listen to this song when reading it. It’s really sad and heartbreaking T_______T

How is it chapter? When I wrote it, I felt my heart clenching for Kevin’s fate. Tell me what you think!!!!!!!!

HOPE YOU ENJOY AND PLEASE COMMENT <333333333