INSIDE AND OUTSIDE.....

JOURNEY TO HAPPINESS

CHAP 3: INSIDE AND OUTSIDE…

 

 

                                                       

 

Kiseop’s POV

 

 

 

After that day, I couldn’t stop thinking about him. One day, while wandering on the streets, my feet somehow naturally led me to that enormous villa. From outside, I could see that it belonged to a family that was very rich and powerful. Because there were a long path and many different  trees from the gate to the door. In the garden and on almost every path, there were many servants who ran side to side doing many kinds of works. They all wore sophisticated uniform. I wondered why such a family moved to this normal small town to live. And Kevin must be the mandarin’s son.

 

I wanted to press to doorbell so bad. But the thought that a poor little boy tried to meet a son of a family which was at upper class prevented me from doing that. It seemed like I wanted to find him to make him show his gratitude toward me for saving him. Although I was very young, I always had my superiority complex. Thinking that, I took the last glance at the house then walked away.

 

 

 

 

But since that time, I continued had many other times like that. Just walking to his house then leaving it, I wasted much time and energy for those meaningless activities. But I couldn’t stop myself.    

 

 

 

Kevin’s POV

 

 

 

It had been many days since I met that boy. My life was nothing different from a bird’s life in a cage. A red lacquered trimmed with gold one to be exact. Every day I just had to eat, sleep and learn. I learned almost everything which wasn’t needed by a kid at my age. Why did a six-year-old kid need to learn piano, violin, English, Japanese and French? To answer that question, I had to say that I wouldn’t be allowed to lose my parents’ reputation. I had to be better than any other kids. Those thoughts of theirs bleed me dry.

 

Since my father ordered me not to leave my room, that door had been locked all days and nights, except when I went to have meals with my parents. Even when I had classes, the tutors would go to my room to teach me. For that reason, making friends was something out of my reach. Loneliness covered this room almost entirely. That life was so unbearable to me. Although my life before that day wasn’t happy, I still could go out somewhere with a few friends I had when my father took me to his partners’ parties. Of course those times I always had at least one guard accompany me. If that day I hadn’t left this place, I wouldn’t have had to deal with such a life. But don’t think that I regretted doing that. Enjoying just one moment of freedom was so satisfying. But meeting that special boy was wonderful and beyond happy. It was worth risking my life.

 

Sometimes I wondered “How could there be parents who treated their son like this? Did they consider me as their child?”. They, especially my father, always looked at me with his emotionless eyes. They were just like strangers to me. Or even stranger than strangers? Fortunately, there was still someone in this house I could talk to. That was a female servant. She usually cleaned my room and brought me foods, drinks and books. She was always nice to me. Her tender smiles somewhat warm my heart. Talking to her about everything, including that boy, was really relieved and comfortable. Spending time with her was little happiness that I had.

 

My lifetime passed meaninglessly day by day in this luxurious chilly room. One of my ways to waste time was looking out the window. I appreciated that they still built a window in my room. Watching a small corner of busy lives from the window frame filled my heart not only with warmth but also with loneliness. Warmth for the fact that I could still enjoy life. And loneliness for the way I got envious of those people who had simple lives……….

 

One day just like the others, I looked out the window with tired eyes. Their life was still going on quietly as usual. But why did my life disappear gradually? I just wanted to quit everything. Or die to be exact? Suddenly I saw a familiar figure. That boy! He was heading for my house! Seeing that sight, out of nowhere happiness filled me up. Did he go here to meet me? Did that mean he wanted to see me again? Was he going to press the doorbell? So many questions flooded my mind. I was really excited to see what he would do next. But what he did pushed me down to the hell. He just stood there looking at my house blankly then left without doing anything. Why did he bring me hopes then take it away mercilessly? Why did he have to break my heart like that?

 

Disappointedly, I my heels walking away from the window. After dropping myself on the bed, I considered so many reasons why he did that. Might he be afraid to meet me again? Might he be scared of my family? Might he think that it was not the right time? Might he have his problems to deal with? But eventually, I couldn’t make out anything. He had his reasons to do or not to do something. I ended up dropping off and hoped that tomorrow would be a better…

 

A/N: I have just added Kevin's pov !!! Not great but necessary ^_^

HOPE YOU ENJOY!

PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBCRIBE <333333333333333