PROCESS.......

JOURNEY TO HAPPINESS

CHAP 14: PROCESS……

 

 

 Since Kiseop was older than Kevin, they weren’t in the same class. He didn’t have many chances to meet Kevin. He only had some periods of time like before class, lunch time and after class. He would use every second of them to be with Kevin. For that reason, he had told Jaeseop not to wait for him. That both made him and Jaeseop disappointed but he had no other way. Jaeseop first found having no Kiseop around lonely and sad. But soon he changed his mind. He would use those times to investigate Kiseop’s problem and find its solution.

 

~o~

 

“Hi, Kevin!” Kiseop greeted Kevin hopefully at the school’s gate after class.

 All he received was Kevin walking nonchalantly past him.

“I won’t give up till you talk to me!” he called louder.

“Goodbye. See you tomorrow.” He waved when Kevin stepped into his car.

Kevin hadn’t turned back or reacted yet but Kiseop knew he could see and listened to him. It was enough for him to keep on trying.

 

Jaeseop stood behind a tree to hide as he was following Kiseop to the gate. He suddenly saw a familiar figure that Kiseop was waiting for. Kiseop was talking to that boy but he seemed to ignore Kiseop completely. In front of that boy, Kiseop was really bright and happy. But after he left, Kiseop’s smile faded right away and he seemed to be in bad mood. Jaeseop absolutely didn’t want him to be like that. That boy must be the source of Kiseop’s worry.

Trying his best to recall who that was, Jaeseop realized that was Kevin Woo, the new special student of his class. And he sat next to him! God must help him this time. From now on, Jaeseop had to make a strategy to help Kiseop.

First Jaeseop had to find out why Kevin was Kiseop’s problem. Kevin seemed to ignore Kiseop completely. Since Kevin came in this school, he hadn’t talked to anyone as Jaeseop heard other students gossiping when he was awake. Kiseop must be sad about that. So what Jaeseop had to do now was to make Kevin talk to Kiseop. He resolved to do that at any costs.

 

~o~

 

Kevin stepped into the classroom. All eyes were on him. Some were pitiful but some were hateful. He didn’t care much about that. Just pulling out his chair, he sat down quietly. When Kevin was about to take out his books, he was suddenly stopped by a hand.

“Good morning, Kevin!” the boy sitting next to him greeted.

Kevin nodded politely and got back to his job. As he remembered, this boy’s name was Jaeseop and he was always sleeping in class yesterday.

“Why don’t you talk to anyone?” Jaeseop asked.

“…” Kevin didn’t say anything just opening his book.

“It’s OK that you don’t talk to me.” Jaeseop shrugged.

“Anyway, I’m Kim Jaeseop. And I’ll make you talk to me someday.” He continued taking his hand out to shake hand with Kevin.

He was quickly turned down as Kevin turned around trying to find his pencil. He took back his hand and smiled to himself. He copied Kevin’s action and took out his book to study. As he looked up from his book, he was startled as everyone was staring at him. And he didn’t know why? Did he do anything wrong?

“Are you really Kim Jaeseop?” a girl asked making Jaeseop open his eyes wide.

Of course he was Kim Jaeseop. Did he look different? Nope. He didn’t change his appearance today!

“Are you still awake?” a boy asked him not giving him time to answer the previous question.

“You aren’t sleepwalking, are you?” another girl continued.

Jaeseop looked at the others wondering to himself. He snapped his forehead as he finally realized the situation. First, he was studying before the class started. Second, he wasn’t sleeping. What was more? He was talking to someone else not Lee Kiseop!

Just to make Kiseop happy, Jaeseop had to change this much. He shook his head in disbelief. But afterwards, he smiled tenderly thinking that it was worth doing that anyway. Kiseop was his first and only friend so Jaeseop would do anything to save Kiseop’s smile.

 

~o~

 

Although Kevin didn’t go to school before, he caught up with others pretty well. Not mention, he was even better than almost everyone.

“Kevin, could you help me with this task?” Jaeseop shook Kevin lightly by his arm. And Kevin was startled a little by that act.

Kevin took his eyes from the board. He looked down at Jaeseop’s notebook which he shoved to Kevin’s hand. Taking a glimpse at it, Kevin simply gave Jaeseop his notebook.

“Why don’t you show me the way to do it instead?” Jaeseop suggested.

Kevin just shook his head slightly and concentrated on the lesson that the teacher was speaking. Jaeseop was a bit frustrating at first. But his thought was quickly swept away as he looked at the answer in Kevin’s notebook. The way Kevin did it was very easy to understand. It was even better than what he was being taught. Running through some more pages, he realized that Kevin’s handwriting was really beautiful and neat. He had to admit that this notebook was plainer than reference books and even many lesson plans. Kevin certainly didn’t have any mental disease, did he? Instead he must be a really good student and definitely intelligent. Why did an intelligent person choose to stay silent all the time? In addition, Kevin was very good looking. If he allowed himself to talk to others, he could be the hottest guy here. This raised more curiousness in Jaeseop. He had to find the answer for this problem soon.

 

~o~

 

Finally the class ended giving back the poor students their freedom. Kevin walked to the cafeteria. His mind was clouded with the image of the boy next to him. Yesterday he didn’t even take a second to look at Kevin. And today he made a state to make Kevin talk again. For that reason, he tried to contact Kevin the whole morning. But guess what? All he could do was asking Kevin to teach him some exercises and praising Kevin on how good he was. Of course, with those simple actions, he couldn’t make Kevin change his facial expression or open his mouth. But still Kevin wondered what made Jaeseop change that quickly. However Kevin’s curiousness always stopped at wondering to himself.

Reaching the cafeteria, he saw another familiar figure. It belonged to Kiseop. He waved happily at Kevin then ran to his side. Kevin as usual walked calmly through the crowd ignoring Kiseop’s existence. He quickly took his lunch and sat at an available table. Kiseop did the same and sat opposite with him.

“Hi Kevin!”

Kevin didn’t even nod to Kiseop what he usually did to the others.

“This morning you walked too fast so I couldn’t greet you.”

Kevin took out his spoon and chopstick.

“Do you remember me?”

Kevin slowly took a sip of his milk.

“It’s OK that you didn’t. The past is the past. We can start again from now on.”

Kevin started to pick up his food.

“I’ll introduce myself again. My name is Lee Kiseop. We met a few years ago once you got lost.”

Stopping eating for a brief second, Kevin continued his work again. He had made up his mind to not talk to anyone, especially Kiseop. He couldn’t let his guard down. However he also couldn’t forget about everything about Kiseop. As a result, he still had some reaction when recalling those memories.

During lunch time, Kiseop kept on talking to Kevin about some random things, or to be exact talking to himself. Though he didn’t receive any response or reaction from Kevin, he still tried to smile and find anything to speak. He didn’t know if his way was right. He believed that if he didn’t give up then he would achieve something he fought for.

Although Kevin might find Kiseop annoying or crazy, Kiseop didn’t care. He just needed Kevin to change his face for once. To Kiseop it would be a great success. And he must make it quick because it hurt him so much to see Kevin so lonely and quiet.

 

~0~

 

The class started again which meant Kevin had to face Jaeseop again. It was not he was afraid or something. It was just he wasn’t used to having someone around talking to him all the time, especially when that person was a stranger and Kevin still built a wall to protect himself from being hurt by others.

“Kevin, you are back!” Jaeseop called happily as he saw Kevin got into his seat.

After the whole lunch, Jaeseop had realized that Kevin wasn’t affected by any of his words. However through Jaeseop’s sophisticated eyes, he knew that Kevin had some reaction to some physical interaction. He noticed this when he pulled Kevin’s arm to draw his attention or when he touched Kevin’s hand to show him what he didn’t understand in the lesson.

Thinking at that, Jaeseop smirked to himself. He had changed his strategy. And he was sure that Kevin would soon change for this...........

 

 

 

A/N: Finally i finished this chap! I have rewritten it four times because of some stupid electric cuts in my city >.<

It doesnt have anything special but just wait for next chap! It will be great if I succeed in showing my ideas =))))

 

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING AND PLZ COMMENT!!!!!!!!!

KEEP SUPPORT UKISS <333333333

 

P.S: UKISS is about to have goodbye stage soon coz i cant see them on MCD voting TT_______TT