PUNISHMENT......

JOURNEY TO HAPPINESS

CHAP 20: PUNISHMENT……

 

 

Kiseop got back to his class peacefully as he had asked for permission before he met up with Kevin and Jaeseop. Somehow he had bad feelings for the others. But the worry subsided quickly as his mind wandered back to what just happened. He couldn’t help but smile at the thought. This was the new start of his relationship with Kevin. Hope that everything would go all well…

 

 

Meanwhile Jaeseop hesitantly pulled the door open. He took a step inside the classroom followed by Kevin. They were greeted by many whispers from their classmates. However the noise went silent immediately as the teacher banged his ruler on the poor black board.

“Where were you two going?” he asked trying his best to cool down his anger.

“I’m really sorry. I won’t do that again. I promise.” Jaeseop apologized not wanting to answer the question.

“I don’t want to make it complicated. So I accept your apology. But you two have to receive a punishment.” He said making Jaeseop surprised a little at how easy the teacher was.

“Thanks a lot, mister. I’ll take the punishment but Kevin didn’t do anything wrong. He was just dragged by me. So he doesn’t have to be punished too, does he?” Jaeseop asked.

“No. He will do it with you. It’s his fault for not protesting you.” The teacher said calmly.

“But…” Jaeseop opened his mouth to fight back.

“No buts here. I’m the teacher here. You will do what I tell you to. It is very easy of me for not going further in your big mistake.” He ordered.

Jaeseop was about to argue but he was stopped by a pull on his hand. Kevin stepped in front of him preventing Jaeseop from saying anything more.

“I’m so sorry for disturbing you and our lesson. As it is our fault, we will definitely be punished. We won’t make any more mistakes.” Kevin apologized then bowed his head down politely.

The whole class, including the teacher, was shocked by Kevin’s action. For the first time they had heard Kevin’s voice. It was so soft, so sweet and it aded the whole room with something royal. Everything stopped for a moment before mumbles about his voice and changes in manners exploded. Of course, after this event, Kevin had gained quite many fans.

The teacher, being the most shocked as he knew about Kevin’s condition, finally recovered. Pushing his glasses closer, he coughed.

“Silence please!” he demanded and the students obeyed immediately. Undoubtedly this school had its reputation for the fact that its most of it students were well-educated. But certainly cocksureness and wealthy sickness were unpreventable.

“Jaeseop and Kevin, you two have to clean the toilets on this floor now. It is your punishment.” He ordered firmly.

Kevin nodded moderately while Jaeseop did it forcefully. They stepped out of the classroom and headed for the room that contained cleaning tools.

 

 

The moment Kevin stepped into the toilet, he was completely taken aback. He had never been to a public toilet before. Its smell made him feel sick and want to vomit. It wasn’t that he thought it was disgusting or something because it was pretty clean though. It was just so strange to him. There were so many things in this life that Kevin had missed in those past years.

Taking a secret glance at Jaeseop, Kevin found that his new friend was totally fine with this. Kevin set his mind at rest himself thinking that this was usual to everyone and if he wanted to start to live like a normal person, he would have to get used to this. Sneaking his head outside, he took a deep breath to start doing his punishment.

Kevin’s first mission was cleaning the mirrors. He did it slowly but carefully till they were all shining. Sometimes he ran out of there to get some fresh air. He needed time to get used to it, didn’t he? He looked over to Jaeseop curiously. He hadn’t said anything since they got here.

“Jaeseop?” Kevin called.

“Huh?” Jaeseop replied not pausing what he had been doing. To be honest, he was a little worried now. His heart fluttered since it was the first time Kevin called his name.

“My name is Kevin Woo. Pleasure to meet you.” Kevin reintroduced himself.

“Nice to meet you too.” Jaeseop smiled at Kevin’s interesting action. They all knew each other already and he still said that.

“We are all friends now. So don’t need to be formal.” Jaeseop added focusing on his cleaning work again.

 

The silence invaded again. Kevin was too familiar to it. But this time, he didn’t like it because when it was quiet, all Kevin sensed was the unpleasant smell. Considering again, he found that he didn’t need to keep silent now. He needed to make more conversations and do more normal stuff. They were necessary for his new life, weren’t they?

“Jaeseop, I want to ask something.” Kevin started quietly.

“Go ahead. And did I told you to be informal now?” Jaeseop responded.

“This smell doesn’t insult you much. Don’t you find it quite bad?” Kevin asked feeling his question was so ridiculous.

“I don’t like it. But it doesn’t insult me either. It smells better than many other places.” Jaeseop answered thinking of the only place that smelled worse than this toilet and he had been to.

“Kiseop’s neighborhood is much smellier…” he mumbled to himself.

“What did you say?” Kevin asked as he didn’t catch what the other had just said.

“Um… nothing…” Jaeseop lied.

 

Kevin finally finished cleaning the floor. He moved into the stall but was surprised that it was already clean. He went to the other ones and found they were in the same condition with the first one except for the one Jaeseop was in.

“Jaeseop? You have already cleaned them all?” Kevin asked to reassure.

“Yeah. Why?” Jaeseop completed his work and got out.

“You did really fast.” Kevin complimented.

“Really?” he asked back receiving a honest nod from Kevin.

“Or it is because you were so slow?” Jaeseop teased.

“Yah! I have just been careful.” Kevin whined.

“OK. Let’s move to the other toilet.” Jaeseop suggested.

“Yeah. How many toilets are there on this floor?” Kevin asked since he didn’t go around usually.

“Lucky for us that we only have two!” Jaeseop exclaimed.

They gathered the cleaning tools then came to another toilet. Both felt relieved because their punishment would end soon.

 

While they were laboriously cleaning, Kevin suddenly felt sick. He ran into the closest stall and threw up everything he ate today. Seeing Kevin run, Jaeseop quickly followed him. Kevin was panting heavily due to loss of food. Jaeseop patted his back making the other feel a little better.

“Kevin, just go outside. I’ll finish this.” Jaeseop suggested.

“But…” Kevin said but didn’t have a chance to finish.

“Your health is not good. Have a rest. I can handle this myself.” Jaeseop smiled reassuringly.

Kevin nodded obediently not feeling good enough to continue. To be honest, his body was really weak due to that difficult time of his life. He didn’t want to leave his new friend that easily. But if he had stubbornly continued doing, he would have become another worry for Jaeseop. And that was too troublesome. He stepped out of the toilet watching Jaeseop from the door. He eventually noticed that Jaeseop worked strangely fast and skillful as if he was used to doing this a lot.

“Jaeseop, do you often do the cleaning?” Kevin let out his curiousness.

“Uh…” Jaeseop hummed in response.

“I’ve never thought that a wealthy family would let their son do housework.” Kevin said honestly.

“My parents don’t allow me to do this.” Jaeseop said making Kevin confused.

“So why do you seem to do that well?” Kevin asked.

The atmosphere immediately went silent. Jaeseop stopped cleaning for a while to think about something that Kevin was urging to know. Actually this was involved in his little secret with Kiseop. They had never talked to anyone about this. But it was Kevin that asked this. Jaeseop knew too well that Kevin was so important to Kiseop. In addition, he was his only friend besides Kiseop. Three of them would be best friends from now on. And a friend meant someone you can share your secrets and confide in, right? Friendship couldn’t be built on an unsound base with so many things being hidden from each other. Considering over that, Jaeseop decided to tell Kevin the truth hoping Kiseop wouldn’t get angry.

“Promise me not to tell anyone about this, ok?” Jaeseop asked sounding carefully.

“Of course if you don’t want me to.” Kevin nodded his head showing his certainty.

“Actually… I am working part time… for a cleaning company… with Kiseop…” he managed to finish his admission.

“What?” Kevin’s eyes opened wide and his jaw dropped. Luckily he didn’t scream.

“Why do you two do that?” he continued still shocked.

“It is because of Kiseop. He needs money.” Jaeseop replied bluntly.

“Why does he need money? I have thought that every student in this school is wealthy.” Kevin spoke out his thought.

“Except for Kiseop. His family, or to be exact his mother and he are very poor. She enrolled him into this school for the hope that he will get a better life. She has been working really hard to afford the studying fees. Kiseop is basically a good and thoughtful son. He doesn’t ever want to bother his mother more. So he has done many part time jobs to earn money for studying tools and some additional fees during school years. This is one of his jobs. You understand now?” Jaeseop finished.

“I can’t believe it…” Kevin stuttered. Sadness darkened his eyes. He never thought that Kiseop had to suffer from so many things to live his life. Kevin wondered whether Kiseop had ever given up on something. He must be trying nonstop. His every attempt must make his life more and more meaningful and deserving. Kevin’s mind wandered to his own story. While Kiseop was doing his best, Kevin just did everything to ruin his life. That made him even more stupid and reproachable. He let out a heavy sigh trying to find his new resolution. He wouldn’t allow his life to be a waste from now on.

“Let’s not talk about it!” Jaeseop voiced not wanting to see Kevin’s gloomy face any longer.

“Uh… OK…” Kevin agreed halfheartedly.

“But I don’t see any connection between Kiseop’s problem and you doing this.” Kevin said still confused.

“I want to work with him. That’s all.” Jaeseop answered as if it was an obvious thing.

“I don’t think Kiseop allowed you to do that. And you two are minors. How can they employ you?” Kevin asked getting his logical mind back.

“I’ll talk later. I have to finish this now.” Jaeseop said resuming his work.

Jaeseop’s lips unknowingly formed a smile. It seemed that the adventure to that job was an interesting experience to him…

 

 

A/N: This chap is boring, I have to admit T^T

The reason I wrote this is to reveal more about Kiseop and something else =.=

@kiseopgirl I can't believe that you have the same idea with me!!!!!! You should write fics. Or when I'm out of ideas, can I ask you??? =)))))))))

 

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING AND PLZ COMMENT!!!!!!!!!

KEEP SUPPORTING UKISS <33333333333333