FLASHBACK…… (PART 1)

JOURNEY TO HAPPINESS

CHAP 27: FLASHBACK…… (PART 1)

 

 

 

Flashback

 

One night, on the way Kiseop went home, Kiseop caught sight of a group of familiar people. He decided that hiding behind a tree was a better choice. They were about fifteen meters away from him. It had been really late then but he had promised to help his old neighbor’s children with their homework so he got home around 11 p.m. The streets were really deserted. As he saw some faces that he had seen a lot, he started to feel suspicious. It was a criminal bang. They lived near him and always did harm to everyone. A guy was holding something like a person. After observing for a while, Kiseop realized that was a sleeping kid. To his knowledge, they didn’t have any kid in their bang. Was that they were kidnapping that little kid? Kiseop got frightened at the thought. But it was the only way to explain the way they checked around every second. They seemed so dubious. While Kiseop was really scared and didn’t know what to do to help that kid, the kid suddenly let out some yells. The men started to get panicked. They must be worried that they might be got caught. The kid’s yells were getting louder and louder. And an idea unexpectedly popped in Kiseop’s head. He stepped back and quietly knocked on a house’s door. There was no response so he kept on knocking till a woman appeared behind the door.

“Do I know you?” she asked.

“Actually no. But I really need your help.” Kiseop answered quickly then pointed to the bang on the other side of the street.

“I think they are doing something bad to the kid. Please help him.” Kiseop pleaded.

The woman’s face went pale and Kiseop knew exactly the reason for that.

“Miss, please. You don’t need to do anything. Just let me make a phone call.” Kiseop pleaded since he didn’t want to put the women under dangerous situation.

“But they are really scary. They might do harm to us.” She said hesitantly.

“I’ll take all the responsibility. Just a phone call, you won’t be involved in this. I really need to help that kid, please.” He insisted using his most persuasive face.

The woman took a glance at the bang and the poor kid then back at Kiseop. Really, who could say no in such a situation?

“Okay. Make it quick then leave, alright? I don’t want to risk my family’s safety.” She reluctantly accepted.

“Thank you so much.” Kiseop said following the woman to the phone.

After calling the police, Kiseop bowed the woman deeply then left the house for his previous position, behind the tree. Through the yell, Kiseop could tell that kid was a boy and he wasn’t older than Kiseop much. His noise was getting more noticeable making the gang annoyed. From afar, Kiseop saw a car going in their direction. They must be that bang’s accomplices. It meant that they were going to bring the boy away! Kiseop was afraid that the police wouldn’t come in time.

The criminal car finally stopped in front of them while there was still no sign of the police car. Kiseop must do something by himself now or that boy might be dangerous. Before they could throw the kid into the car, Kiseop ran to them quickly and started to scream for help. The bang was so shocked at Kiseop’s appearance that they unknowingly gave Kiseop a chance to pull the kid away from them. Kiseop dragged the boy with him and told him to yell louder. The bang immediately chase after them. The street soon became a panicking mess. Lights from the houses went on and people came out of their house.

“Help! Help! Help! They are kidnapping us!” Kiseop screamed his lung out.  

Some people didn’t dare make a move since they all knew who those men were. But some couldn’t accept them to harm the two kids so they stood in the bang’s way to stop them. Taking advantage of the situation, Kiseop held the younger’s boy hand running as fast as possible. After a good ten minutes, the police finally came and arrested the whole bang. They quickly found the two little boys for their investigation.

The almost kidnapped boy had stopped yelling for a while but he was still so scared that he couldn’t utter a word. He just hid himself behind Kiseop’s back. His hand never left Kiseop’s. Noticing this, Kiseop thought that he could start a conversation with the boy. He used his free hand to make the boy face him.

“Hello, I’m Kiseop. What’s your name?” Kiseop asked with a tender smile.

“…” the boy hadn’t answered yet.

“You must be scared, right? Don’t worry. You have me and the police here. We will take care of you.” Kiseop continued.

“Did you get lost or what?” Kiseop asked. The boy shook his head in response.

“Then what?” Kiseop asked softly looking straight into the other boy’s eyes. His own eyes were full of care and gentleness.

“I was… waiting for… Xander hyung…” the boy finally spoke.

“Did they try to kidnap you?” a police officer butted in feeling impatient since it took so long to get information from the little boy. Unfortunately his attempt only ended up making the boy’s eyes clouded with hatred.

Seeing that, Kiseop pulled the boy closer to his body and told the police to stop and let him ask. He the boy’s hair with his fingers then pulled the boy down so that they could sit together on the bench.

“Do you know those men?” Kiseop questioned pointing to the bang in the custody room.

The boy shook his head again then continued.

“I don’t know… why but when… I woke up, I found myself… in their arms…” he stuttered but this time his words came out pretty clear.   

“I got it.” Kiseop said receiving a nod from the policeman.

“You two just stay here. I’ll do more research. Kiseop, help us to find the boy’s parents, will you?” he said but it came out more like a demand. Kiseop quickly accepted and was thanked by the policeman right after that.

“Can you tell me your name now?” Kiseop asked.

“Jaeseop.” The little boy answered simply.

“Nice to meet you, Jaeseop.” Kiseop said smiling happily.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

Their conversation was carried on till Kiseop knew everything he needed to know to help Jaeseop get back to his family, except for his house’s address since he was too young to remember it. By the time, midnight had already passed. But the police hadn’t contacted Jaeseop’s parents yet.

“It’s really late now. Do you need to sleep?” Kiseop asked.

“No. I don’t want to.” Jaeseop answered firmly.

“Why? Kids need to sleep, don’t we?” Kiseop tilted his head.

“Not me.” Jaeseop replied looking away.

“Just try. You had a tiring day today.” Kiseop insisted. The boy didn’t answer him this time.

“Okay. You don’t need to sleep if you don’t want. But you need to rest your body. You can lie here.” Kiseop said patting his thigh to gesture Jaeseop to lay his head there.

“Why?” Jaeseop asked getting surprised at the other’s action.

“Please. Please. Please.” Kiseop pleaded finding himself so childish at this point.

“Alright. You are so weird.” Jaeseop finally gave in as he saw Kiseop’s puppy eyes. Even being a kid, Jaeseop could see that Kiseop was somewhat special from the way he rescued him from the bang, the way he looked into his eyes and made him answer everything and the way he took care of a stranger like Jaeseop.

Jaeseop reluctantly rested his head on Kiseop’s lap. Warm, it was so warm. Since that day, Jaeseop found nowhere warm. But this place had been the warmest one he had ever been, not including that place.

Kiseop Jaeseop’s hair lovingly. He loved children, or to be exact he loved taking care of people especially children. His father used to look after him really well so he wanted to be like his father in the future. Having that thought, Kiseop never stopped trying to be a good person. He had helped many children. Jaeseop and Kevin were amongst them. His thought stopped at the image of Kevin, a lost kid that he had helped not long ago. He had been wishing that someday he could meet him again.

Taking a glance at the boy in his lap, Kiseop smiled sweetly. Jaeseop was sleeping. How could he say that he didn’t want to sleep when it only took him about ten minutes to drift off? Kids were so adorable. Letting out a tiring sigh, Kiseop slowly sank into his dreamland.

 

A/N: There are two parts for 2seop's past. Finished the first part!!!!!!

So what do you think about their first meeting?????? Special, right????

Oh, and tell me who you think Xander is ^______________^

 

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING AND PLZ COMMENT!!!!!!!!

KEEP SUPPORTING UKISS <3333333333333333333333333