ONLY HIM.......

JOURNEY TO HAPPINESS

CHAP 17: ONLY HIM…

 

 

 

Kevin ran fast to wipe away the complicated emotion he was feeling. Unknowingly his foot brought him to the cafeteria. Looking around for a familiar figure, he ended up feeling hopeless.

“That person isn’t here. Where is he now? Has he already given up on me? Why so quick? Did he just leave me again? Why is he always gone when I need him? Why, Kiseop?”Kevin thought to himself.

Again Kevin fell to the deep hole of depression. He really wanted to tell someone what he was feeling. And he expected that “someone” to be Kiseop. Yesterday Kiseop said he would always be there for Kevin. He would listen to Kevin all the time. He said that he didn’t want to be the only one to speak in their conversations. He said that he wanted to hear Kevin’s voice most. And now Kevin was about to break his wall. When he was almost open his heart again, all he found was him alone between the ocean of people feeling heartbroken and desperate. Kevin hated that. Kevin hated to be left like this. Kevin hated it most when that was Kiseop making him like this. He again made up his mind to push Kiseop away from him even more.

 

Jaeseop, after walking a few steps toward the classroom, felt something guilty. He couldn’t leave Kevin like that. He was already a bad person to kiss Kevin without his permission. And what made him even worse was he wasn’t responsible for that. Thinking it over again, Jaeseop his heels to find the poor victim of his playful acts.

He quickly caught sight of Kevin running into the cafeteria. But deciding to stay outside, he wanted to see what Kevin was going to do. From the window of the cafeteria, he could say that Kevin was looking for someone. Probably that was Kiseop, he thought as recalling that since Kevin went here, Kiseop must always spend lunch with Kevin, instead of him. He wasn’t happy with that at all.

Snapping himself at his trance, Jaeseop continued concentrating on Kevin. That kid looked so lost. He must find Kiseop nowhere here. Looking at his face, Jaeseop realized that Kevin really, really wanted to talk to Kiseop about his problem. His eyes were full of emotions, which Jaeseop hadn’t seen before. He tended to go inside to meet up with Kevin. However, through those eyes, he knew that he couldn’t help in this situation. Only Kiseop could…

“Where is Kiseop now? He must be here by this time. He knows the right time to appear, doesn’t he?”Jaeseop thought. He angrily kicked the wall earning himself a yelp from pain. But he didn’t seem to care about that much. Everything in his mind now was just Kevin and Kiseop…

 

The bell rang signaling break time was over followed by a long line of heavy sighs. Every student came back to their classroom, including them. Kevin and Jaeseop resumed their classes in an extremely awkward atmosphere. While Jaeseop kept on apologizing, Kevin just coldly looked away ignoring the boy next to him completely. Kevin didn’t want to concern about anything now. It was just… empty

Meanwhile, Kiseop tried to recover from the new wound. He quickly found out that Kevin and Jaeseop were in the same class and Jaeseop only interacted with Kevin in that class. Kiseop felt somewhat uncomfortable to hear that. But anyway, he decided to come to their class early. He wanted to make them surprised because that simple peck couldn’t break him or their relationship down……

 

~oOo~

 

The fourth day at school

 

Kevin walked past the school gate. Unknowingly he looked around as if he was searching something, or someone to be exact. He sighed, not really sure that it was a relieved one or a heave one. Kiseop wasn’t waiting for him like he did the past few days.

The weather was pretty nice. The sun shined warmly with some light breezes. A comfortable feeling embraced the tired boy. But it didn’t make Kevin feel any better. In his mind, he found it more convenient not to have Kiseop around in his break times. However his heart was different. It just screamed to have a chance to meet Kiseop. Thouh it had been only three days, Kevin was now too used to Kiseop’s tender smiles, Kiseop’s soft voice, Kiseop’s caring conversations, Kiseop’s secure warmth, Kiseop’s obvious appearance…  

Eventually his mind won over his heart. He had to stay away from Kiseop. He had to forget everything about Kiseop. Only that could bring him a safe and peaceful life. He forced himself to believe that.

 

Approaching his class, Kevin caught sight of a crowd in the front. He didn’t care about that much but suddenly he heard Kiseop’s voice in that mess. Kevin stopped in his track to the classroom to check over if he misheard. Unfortunately his sense of hearing worked pretty well.

Kiseop was pinned to the ground but quickly got up. Two cups of hot milk were scattered everywhere. He was surrounded by many boys in Kevin’s class. They seemed to be in a fight over something that Kevin hadn’t known yet.

“Don’t talk about Kevin like that!” Kiseop yelled at the others.

“What did we talk about Kevin? Isn’t they all right?” one laughed.

“Kevin isn’t like what you said!” Kiseop yelled again.

“Like what? Like he’s deaf? Like he’s mentally sick? Or like he’s a little that pretends to be noble?” another boy said pushing Kiseop at the shoulder.

Kiseop couldn’t hold it anymore. He rushed to the boy that just libeled Kevin and knocked him down. He punched the boy underneath him continuously. He couldn’t control his body any longer. He knew that what he was doing was wrong and it might affect his study result. But he didn’t care. He could never let anyone say bad things about Kevin. Despite its results, he had to punish them at any costs.

“What are you to Kevin?” a boy asked breaking Kiseop’s trance.

Kiseop paused for a while. The question that asked was just like a knife stabbing into his heart deeply. What was he to Kevin? A friend? Nope. An old acquaintance? Nope. Kiseop was nothing to Kevin. His heart dropped at the thought. It was so miserable to have someone you adored ignore you completely. He had no right to do what he was doing right now. To be truthful, he was some kind of stalker after Kevin.

The boy took the chance and pinned Kiseop down to the floor. He did exactly what Kiseop did to him minutes ago. Soon blood dripped from the corner of his mouth. But he had no strength and heart to fight back. The only thing that he let out was some mumbles “Kevin is not like that…”

Kevin stood behind watching the whole scene. He again didn’t know how to react after this. He had expressed his determination to get Kiseop out of his mind fully. But Kiseop was protecting his reputation. Kiseop was getting hit for him after all Kevin did to him. Kevin felt his heart clench tightly as he saw Kiseop bruised and still stuttering about Kevin.

The topic boy didn’t know what to do. He just knew that he needed to stop this before Kiseop got hurt even more. He took a step forward and knocked on a girl’s shoulder in the crowd. The girl turned back annoyingly. But as soon as he saw Kevin’s face, annoyance turned into terror. She stepped aside to make way for Kevin to step in. The others soon did the same because not many students in this school wanted to establish any guilt with Kevin and his family. They just dared do that behind his back like at present.

So did the group of boys that was hitting Kiseop. They got off of Kiseop right the moment Kevin faced them. They swore that Kevin’s scary glare at them could kill someone with a weak heart. The crowd quickly dispersed after that.

Kevin slowly bent down in front of Kiseop. He took out a handkerchief from his pants’ pocket. Without looking into the other’s eyes, he gently wiped away the blood on his swollen lips. He then quickly stood up leaving Kiseop dumbfounded with Kevin’s handkerchief in his trembling hand.

“Has Kevin just intentionally come to rescue me? May Kevin know my heart now? May Kevin want to talk to me sometime?” Kiseop thought to himself feeling lightened up a lot.

He watched Kevin walk away. Still those nonchalant steps. Still that head up. There seemed to be no change in Kevin’s behavior. Kiseop’s heart retarded when he thought that Kevin might do that just because of pity. He might do that because he didn’t want anybody to get hurt. A person that entirely ignored him couldn’t change that quick only for a simple act of his.

Kiseop slowly stood up. His mind was in a horrible mess. He didn’t know which way he should think now. Looking at the empty cups, he let out a heavy sigh. He bought this morning to give Kevin and Jaeseop a surprise. But things didn’t go according to the plan. With tired steps, he left the classroom. Confusion was slowly eating him up……

 

Jaeseop again watched Kiseop and Kevin from a corner of a hallway. He ruffled his hair. “Why did those two have to be that complicated? Just talk and do what they wanted.” He thought. He knew Kevin wanted to talk to Kiseop again. Who didn’t? Kiseop was hit badly to protect him! He definitely wanted to thank him or something, didn’t he? And what about Kiseop? Why didn’t he hold Kevin back not letting him go that easily? Just tell Kevin how much he needed him!

“Aishhhhh…” Jaeseop sighed dropping his head low. His friends would be almost hopeless if things kept on going this way……

Only Kiseop could make Kevin speak again…

And only Kevin could bring Kiseop back to his normal life…

 

 

A/N:

Just wait for next update! It will be a great change ^^

However just focus on this chap now =)))) and tell me how it was!!!!

 

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING AND PLEASE COMMENT!!!!

KEEP SUPPORTING UKISS <3333333333333

 

P.S: How is the new background and poster???? I made it!!!!!! Tell me what you think about them, ok???

Last time I changed the title from "Blankets" to "Journey to happiness" without annoucement so it seemed some readers didn't know ;(((

I changed it because this fic turned out to be a long long fic that I still don't know how many chapters it may have!!! "Blankets" just fits the original purpose. "Journey to happiness" is more meaningful and suitable ^_^